[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The no risk Sarge excuse pool

rbmcdonald

I am running a new pool for the college forum. There is absolutely no risk. The prize money is being 100% under written by a generous, anonymous donor. If any of these words are too big for anyone, then PM me.

1st place is $20. To be paid via paypal or snail mail, at the winners request.

2nd place is the simple satisfaction and joy of posting in this forum.

The contest is this, who can best guess what Sarge's primary excuse will be as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06.

The rules are as follows:

Only one entry per person.

Your entry should be in the format: "Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be _______"

Entries that contain multiple excuses, might be disqualified. For example if you entry is "Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be UT's offensive line was clearly too good, so obviously UT cheated somehow, which made the OU offensive line mad, so they forgot to block, which resulted in too many turnovers by OU, which the OU coaching staff really did not know how to respond to." Entries such as this clearly would have to be disqualified, as unfair to the other contestant. In additions, the judge (me) is clearly too stupid to figure out what your primary point is.

There will be only one winner, no co-national champions allowed here.

Ties will determined by who posted first.

Editing of post that have already been submitted, will be frowned upon as being "not nice".

The contest judge (me) is not eligible.

Collusion with Sarge would really not be fair, but if corresponding with him in private is really worth $20 to anyone, I really would not know how to respond.

In the event that OU wins, the $20 will be given to any charitable organization that has 501© status, of Sarge's choice.

If UT wins, and Sarge's only comment about the game is "UT was clearly the better team, on the field, on that day" without any ifs, ands or buts; and this remains true for the 30 day period from 10/07/06 to 11/06/06. Then Sarge will be declared the winner.

If Sarge makes no reference to the game, either as an original post, or in response to a post by someone else, for the 30 day period from 10/07/06 to 11/06/06, then the contest will be declared null and void.

All decision by the judge (me) will be final, however you are certainly free to ridicule them on the board.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be ......................i am going with a different approach here, since you failed to open the possiblity that OU will win and Sarge will have an excuse of OU being better because they won. I'm posting this first to insure to chance at the $20 dollars, His official reply to your question after the game has been played, will simply be SCOREBOARD

Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be ......................i am going with a different approach here, since you failed to open the possiblity that OU will win and Sarge will have an excuse of OU being better because they won. I'm posting this first to insure to chance at the $20 dollars, His official reply to your question after the game has been played, will simply be              SCOREBOARD

1309029[/snapback]

Sorry, read rule #9, sorry I did not number them, so you will have to count. Do they teach counting at OSU? :D Sorry, could not resist.

Sorry, read rule #9, sorry I did not number them, so you will have to count.  Do they teach counting at OSU?   :D   Sorry, could not resist.  However, since I did not number the rules, I will let you post another entry.

1309196[/snapback]

hmm, this was posted in error, so please ignore the man befind the current.

Edited by rbmcdonald

OU isnt losing to TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... in 06,  even DMD needs to get ready for that.

1309228[/snapback]

As I pointed out, that possibility is accounted for in rule #9. So it does not have any barring on the validity of the contest. I do not believe my horns to be invincible, just better looking.

Okay now that i've read the rules in full , i'll give it a go

Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be...............The officials have sympathy for the pathetic head coach that is Mack Brown, and while he may have won the National title despite himself this doesn't heal the wounds of OU constantly whipping up on him over the past 5 years so to help his low coaching ability we have rigged this game to the likes not seen since SuperBowl XL and the better team has lost.

Looks as though, both of us have the same answer and both were posted at identical times, provided this is the winner, are you willing to split?

1309353[/snapback]

Humm, this could be a difficult decision. Several things to consider, I may have to get a good bottle of single malt one night, and hash it out with myself, but plenty of time for that. However, please remeber rule #12.

When is the deadline?  I need to take my time and come up with the perfect response.  Exact wording is not as important as basic excuse/concept, is it?  Or is it....

1310125[/snapback]

No time lime, but like I said, first come first serve on the excusses.

Just be here in October to take it like a man when TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... is outclassed once again by Stoops.  If 5 yrs lof losing wasnt proof enough, a new streak will start in 06 for the next 5 or so yrs

1310066[/snapback]

Now you have me worried Sarge, you are using "take it like a man" and *ass" in the same sentence. I really prefer someone at least buy me dinner, before they proposition me. Anyway, how can I go anywhere? I am gonna be having way too much fun busting your chops in FF.

Looks as though, both of us have the same answer and both were posted at identical times, provided this is the winner, are you willing to split?

1309353[/snapback]

Maybe we need to be more specific. Pass interference call? Holding? Fumble when the player was down? Crossing the plane?

Now you have me worried Sarge, you are using "take it like a man" and *ass" in the same sentence.  I really prefer someone at least buy me dinner, before they proposition me.  Anyway, how can I go anywhere?  I am gonna be having way too much fun busting your chops in FF.

1310527[/snapback]

:D

OK:

Sarge's primary excuse as to why OU is still better than UT, after UT beats OU on 10/07/06 will be...............NOTHING - even if OU loses! In a shocking post heard 'round the world, Sarge will turn a new leaf, simply congratulating the TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... LongWhorns (he'll still use that) on a game well played.

There - call me a crazy optomist, but I have faith in the power of the human condition to improve itself over time. That, of course, will just be the primary response. Reading further down - either in the same post or later the same day - he'll go into great detail on various goofs by either the refs or OU players that let the game 'slip away' from an 'obviously superior' Sooner team that should've won by 20 instead of losing by 10-15.

I fully expect to win this contest...

I predict OU will win the game by 10 pts, I will then call out Ronald McDonald and he will say yeah but we are still the Champs, and Ill add only this yrs title game. I will then remind him just how fall TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... has fallen after they lose their 3rd and 4th game later in the 06 season. He will remind me OU lost 5 games in 05, and Ill say keep living in last yr, because you better enjoy that title, it will be the last one for another 35 yrs.

I predict OU will win the game by 10 pts, I will then call out Ronald McDonald and he will say yeah but we are still the Champs, and Ill  add only this yrs title game.  I will then remind him just how fall TEXAS, OUR TEXAS, OH HAIL THE MIGHTY STATE, TEXAS OUR TEXAS, SO WONDERFUL AND GREAT... has fallen after they lose their 3rd and 4th game later in the 06 season.  He will remind me OU lost 5 games in 05, and Ill say keep living in last yr, because you better enjoy that title, it will be the last one for another 35 yrs.

1310892[/snapback]

Do you often carry on conversations with Ronald McDonald? That is interesting. Is he around you all the time or do you have to go to McDonald’s to talk to him? Does he answer back? I realize that it might be a problem for you to be objective in your answers, so how about this one. When you talk to Ronald, are there ever any other people around? Do there faces look like this? :D or this? :D Or this? :D

One question I have always wanted to ask someone. When you talk to him, is it hard for you not to step on those shoes, I mean what are they, size 50? Does he get pissed when you step on his shoes?

Do you often carry on conversations with Ronald McDonald?  That is interesting.  Is he around you all the time or do you have to go to McDonald’s to talk to him?  Does he answer back?  I realize that it might be a problem for you to be objective in your answers, so how about this one.  When you talk to Ronald, are there ever any other people around? Do there faces look like this?  :D     or this?  :D  Or this? :D

One question I have always wanted to ask someone.  When you talk to him, is it hard for you not to step on those shoes, I mean what are they, size 50?  Does he get pissed when you step on his shoes?

1312177[/snapback]

I dont know, I haven't asked. But Do YOU?

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Do you often carry on conversations with Ronald McDonald?  That is interesting.  Is he around you all the time or do you have to go to McDonald’s to talk to him?  Does he answer back?  I realize that it might be a problem for you to be objective in your answers, so how about this one.  When you talk to Ronald, are there ever any other people around? Do there faces look like this?  :D    or this?  :D  Or this? :D

One question I have always wanted to ask someone.  When you talk to him, is it hard for you not to step on those shoes, I mean what are they, size 50?  Does he get pissed when you step on his shoes?

1312177[/snapback]

That's some funny shucks rb, keep it coming, Ryan has exhasuted most of us, you got next :D

I feel like i'm having a "mac" attack