[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN NATION POLL

wildcat2334

This is after the fact, and I am still pissed off . I am sick at what I am seeing, these zebras controlling the flow, and havein way to much input on the outcome. I am not happy with the state of officiating in the NFL in general. Public poll is interesting tho.....these #'s are pretty convincing to me that most of the country saw the same thing. These #'s are even more skewed bc the public was/is very pro- Pittsburgh.

I want some heads on an F ing platter

1) What grade would you give referee Bill Leavy's officiating crew for Super Bowl XL?

45.4% F

26.3% D

15.8% C

10.9% B

1.7% A

2) How do you rate the overall state of officiating in the NFL?

34.2% Average

31.2% Bad

22.4% Good

10.1% Abysmal

2.3% Excellent

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

76.1% Unfairly favored the Steelers

18.5% The right calls were made

5.4% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

4) Which played the biggest role in determining the outcome of the game?

52.1% Officials missing calls

33.2% Seahawks not making plays

14.7% Steelers making plays

5) Do you think the official made the right call on Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference in the endzone, negating a Seattle touchdown in the first quarter?

71.0% No

23.1% Yes

5.9% I'm not sure

6) Do you think the football broke the plane of the goal line on Ben Roethlisberger's touchdown run in the second quarter?

58.7% No

28.2% Yes

13.2% I'm not sure

7) Do you think the official made the right call on Sean Locklear's holding penalty in the fourth quarter, negating an 18-yard reception to the one-yard line by Jerramy Stevens?

72.4% No

16.5% Yes

11.1% I'm not sure

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe the officials were the cause of the overall outcome of the Super Bowl. A few questionable calls maybe. But they are only human.

1309379[/snapback]

Sure would have been a much better game if they had halved the number of bad calls against Seattle though.

Nobody is going to call them all right... but if they had reduced the number of bad calls by half... Seattle may have been driving for the tie on that final play, and it would have been a lot more fun for everyone to watch.

Revealing poll and really quite surprising considering the slopknob the media threw for the Steelers had 80% of the country behind them and you'd think the vote would be in Pitts favor.

Talked to a few job supers today form Pittsburg and they laughed heavily at the officiating. :D

Should have linked the earlier poll from ESPN today , only TWO states in the country thought the game was officiated properly............wanna take a stab at which two?

Edited by theeohiostate

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

76.1% Unfairly favored the Steelers

18.5% The right calls were made

5.4% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

D@MN you Menudo and Steeler :D

Edited by BigTen

officals were terrible but Shawks did not do enough to win the game on their own and the officals did not do enough to guarantee steeler victory ...steelers did enough to win the game on their( willie parker run , flea flicker for TD , played enough good defense , etc ...)

please Enough already with blaming the refs exclusively for the loss ...

Everyone that looked forward to and watched that game. :D

1309475[/snapback]

But it's over now. No point at being mad about it.

Okay look at it this way:

Fact:

The Superbowl is over.

Fact:

No matter how much :D or b1tching people do, the out come will not change.

Fact:

The Refs had bad calls

Fact:

The Steelers won.

Fact:

There is always next year.

But it's over now.  No point at being mad about it.

Fact:

The Superbowl is over.

Fact:

No matter how much  :D or b1tching people do, the out come will not change.

Fact:

The Refs had bad calls

Fact:

The Steelers won.

Fact:

1309504[/snapback]

Assuming this pole is true... link?.............

Fact:

There is an issue the NFL needs to address.

Revealing poll and really quite surprising considering the slopknob the media threw for the Steelers had 80% of the country behind them and you'd think the vote would be in Pitts favor.

Talked to a few job supers today form Pittsburg and they laughed heavily at the officiating. :D

Should have linked the earlier poll from ESPN today , only TWO states in the country thought the game was officiated properly............wanna take a stab at which two?

1309393[/snapback]

That is the thing that many who are Pitt fans (not just on here but in all walks of life) don't understand. the fans went into that game rooting for the Pitt. after the game the fans were overwhelmingly mad at the refs. It aint just Seahawk fans complaining.

Assuming this pole is true... link?.............

Fact:

There is an issue the NFL needs to address.

1309513[/snapback]

well, Jedi, I know my pole is true :D as for this poll?? wow, I just went to espn.com to copy the link- It is not there anymore..... hmmmm

There is no way in hell I made it up.

But it's over now.  No point at being mad about it.

Fact:

The Superbowl is over.

Fact:

No matter how much  :D or b1tching people do, the out come will not change.

Fact:

The Refs had bad calls

Fact:

The Steelers won.

Fact:

1309504[/snapback]

It would be nice, however, if the NFL would acknowledge that there is a problem with the officiating and do something about it. No more of this "they're only human" and "they do the best they can" bs. Yes, they are human and they will make mistakes, but there has to be a limit to what is acceptable performance. That was supposed to be the best crew in the league and that is a sad sad statement.

officals were terrible but Shawks did not do enough to win the game on their own and the officals did not do enough to guarantee steeler victory ...steelers did enough to win the game on their( willie parker run , flea flicker for TD , played enough good defense , etc ...)

please Enough already with blaming the refs exclusively for the loss ...

1309472[/snapback]

what does that mean? Seattle made several plays and they were taken away. what if Willie Parker's run was just taken away by a phantom holding call? what if Randle El's TD pass was called back for an illegal shift? it all adds up.....you don't just say it doesn't matter. Seattle fans have a right to be pissed.

It would be nice, however, if the NFL would acknowledge that there is a problem with the officiating and do something about it.  No more of this "they're only human" and "they do the best they can" bs.  Yes, they are human and they will make mistakes, but there has to be a limit to what is acceptable performance.  That was supposed to be the best crew in the league and that is a sad sad statement.

1309542[/snapback]

I agree 100%. They should There should be full time officals. But the people complaining about "if you took away that Big Ben TD and gave that TD and both FGs to the seahawks they would have won."

That stuff is lame.

I can see all the seahawks fan's point of views about the officals because I was here in week 10 ( i believe week 10) right after the redskins/tampa game when they gave the 2 point conversion to Alstott when he clearly didn't break the plane. I'm right there with you seahawks on the injustice. Just don't let it get to you as much as I'm seeing on the board.

Not unless you lost a lot of money

what does that mean?  Seattle made several plays and they were taken away.  what if Willie Parker's run was just taken away by a phantom holding call? what if Randle El's TD pass was called back for an illegal shift?  it all adds up.....you don't just say it doesn't matter.  Seattle fans have a right to be pissed.

1309548[/snapback]

We all have a reason to be pissed.