[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ESPN NATION POLL

wildcat2334

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure if Washington made it to the superbowl and experienced the same BS, you would be singing a different tune.  My team got jobbed, plain and simple.  Us Seahawk fans have the luxury to  :D about it for a few days.

1309575[/snapback]

Nope I wouldn't have. Did you hear me say "If the skins would have returned that almost interception for the TD and gotten that TD at the end of the game, the Skins would have beaten the seahawks?" No. Why?

Because it doesn't matter the what ifs. and scroll back up and read my post, I'm not talking about the "BS" calls, I'm talking about the people on the forum who are crying about the "what ifs".

Edited by cliaz

these #'s are pretty convincing to me that most of the country saw the same thing. These #'s are even more skewed bc the public was/is very pro- Pittsburgh.

1309359[/snapback]

Did you ever stop and think that these votes only represent Seahawk fans? You're right, these numbers are skewed meaning they are not a true representation of how the general public feels because it's mostly Seahawk fans doing the voting with a small splash of the rest of the public. Get over it people, the game was not fixed!

Did you ever stop and think that these votes only represent Seahawk fans?  You're right, these numbers are skewed meaning they are not a true representation of how the general public feels because it's mostly Seahawk fans doing the voting with a small splash of the rest of the public.  Get over it people, the game was not fixed!

1309673[/snapback]

I don't think the game was fixed.

I don't think that Seattle would have won if the calls were better.

I just think the officiating was bad, and that the game suffered for it. I voted in that poll, and I'm not a Seahawk fan, and I'm not a Steeler hater.

The average football fan has something to complain about when the officiating is such a large issue in a game.

Did you ever stop and think that these votes only represent Seahawk fans?  You're right, these numbers are skewed meaning they are not a true representation of how the general public feels because it's mostly Seahawk fans doing the voting with a small splash of the rest of the public.  Get over it people, the game was not fixed!

1309673[/snapback]

I disagree Brent. the nation was overwhelmingly rooting for Pitt(not to mention Pitt was basically playing a home game as the announcers said the crowd was 90% Pitt fans) and now the nation is overwhelmingly mad at the refs for cheating Seattle. I that speaks for its self.

All my friends in Detroit are mad about it despite basically all of them betting and rooting for Pitt. That game has the potential to really damage the nations outlook on pro football( not to mention the Indy game already had everyone in a stir before this game was even played.).

I disagree Brent. the nation was overwhelmingly rooting for Pitt(not to mention Pitt was basically playing a home game as the announcers said the crowd was 90% Pitt fans) and now the nation is overwhelmingly mad at the refs for cheating Seattle. I that speaks for its self.

All my friends in Detroit are mad about it despite basically all of them betting and rooting for Pitt. That game has the potential to really damage the nations outlook on pro football( not to mention the Indy game already had everyone in a stir before this game was even played.).

1309738[/snapback]

Just because most of the country was pulling for Pitt does not mean they voted in that poll. That's my only point. The only people motivated to vote are the people that feel slighted by the outcome. Therefore the poll sample does NOT represent the average NFL fan.

Excellent. Thank you Wildcat. Unfortunately I notice that it allows me to vote more than once. Can't trust these numbers yet.

1309598[/snapback]

This poll only allows you to vote once, and it shows that 60% of huddlers think the refs were the main cause of the out come of the game, which is higher than the ESPN poll. So if anyone is voting twice on the ESPN poll it would appear that it is the Steeler fans. Of course it could be that the Huddle members are a little more into football than the average ESPN viewer.

Just because most of the country was pulling for Pitt does not mean they voted in that poll.  That's my only point.  The only people motivated to vote are the people that feel slighted by the outcome.  Therefore the poll sample does NOT represent the average NFL fan.

1309751[/snapback]

Well you got me here, Pitt fans SHOULD not be very motivated to vote in this poll.unless they enjoy lying I would stay out of that poll too if I were them.

1309673[/snapback]

I don't know if anyone really thinks the game is fixed. There are quite a few people who think that the game was decided largely in part to the poor or lop sided officiating as indicated in our huddle poll I just linked in this thread. You can't tell me we have that many Seahawks fans here. If anything there Steelers on this board probably out number the Seahawks 2 to 1. I'm a Cowboy fan, and I think the refs pretty much handed the game to the Steelers. I'm not saying that it was fixed, but it was very poorly officiated, and all of the controversial calls went the Steelers way.

Just because most of the country was pulling for Pitt does not mean they voted in that poll.  That's my only point.  The only people motivated to vote are the people that feel slighted by the outcome.  Therefore the poll sample does NOT represent the average NFL fan.

1309751[/snapback]

You really don't think that the majority of average fans feel cheated?

I don't know if anyone really thinks the game is fixed.  There  are quite a few people who think that the game was decided largely in part to the poor or lop sided officiating as indicated in our huddle poll I just linked in this thread.  You can't tell me we have that many Seahawks fans here.  If anything there Steelers on this board probably out number the Seahawks 2 to 1.  I'm a Cowboy fan, and I think the refs pretty much handed the game to the Steelers.  I'm not saying that it was fixed, but it was very poorly officiated, and all of the controversial calls went the Steelers way.

1309786[/snapback]

I can't think of one play that was an outright horrible call. I do not recall the holding penalty (must have been on a smoke break) so I'm not including that. But all the other calls were not blatantly bad calls. There were calls that could have gone either way, but there are always calls like that in every NFL game. The offensive PI on D-Jax is not a call made very often, but he did gain an advantage by pushing off, look at the tape-so nothing overly-shady there. At the very worst it was a ticky-tak foul. The Big Ben TD was a very, very close call but to my eyes there was no doubt he scored (he crossed the goaline while in the air then got knocked back by a defender so when he landed the ball was not over the goaline).

I just don't see what all this fuss is about other than some people losing money or hawks fans being bitter. I am a fan of neither and had money on no one and to me the game was fine with a lot of close calls.

I can't think of one play that was an outright horrible call.  I do not recall the holding penalty (must have been on a smoke break) so I'm not including that.  But all the other calls were not blatantly bad calls.  There were calls that could have gone either way, but there are always calls like that in every NFL game.  The offensive PI on D-Jax is not a call made very often, but he did gain an advantage by pushing off, look at the tape-so nothing overly-shady there.  At the very worst it was a ticky-tak foul.  The Big Ben TD was a very, very close call but to my eyes there was no doubt he scored (he crossed the goaline while in the air then got knocked back by a defender so when he landed the ball was not over the goaline).

I just don't see what all this fuss is about other than some people losing money or hawks fans being bitter.  I am a fan of neither and had money on no one and to me the game was fine with a lot of close calls.

1309829[/snapback]

I must have watched a different superbowl. :doah:

:D

Mike Hollmgren

" It was tough having to play against all those terrible towels, I didn't know we had to play against the striped shirts as well" :D:D

Just arrived in town for a parade. You know the big Swede is F in pissed off. Man I wish he could go off and say what he really thinks- would be classic

3) Did the officiating in Sunday's game unfairly favor one team?

76.1% Unfairly favored the Steelers

18.5% The right calls were made

5.4% Unfairly favored the Seahawks

D@MN you Menudo and Steeler :D

1309466[/snapback]

Yeah... uh, this HAS to be from some Steeler homers. How could ANYONE in their right mind think that the officals favored the Seahawks? :doah:

I can't think of one play that was an outright horrible call.  I do not recall the holding penalty (must have been on a smoke break) so I'm not including that.  But all the other calls were not blatantly bad calls.  There were calls that could have gone either way, but there are always calls like that in every NFL game.  The offensive PI on D-Jax is not a call made very often, but he did gain an advantage by pushing off, look at the tape-so nothing overly-shady there.  At the very worst it was a ticky-tak foul.  The Big Ben TD was a very, very close call but to my eyes there was no doubt he scored (he crossed the goaline while in the air then got knocked back by a defender so when he landed the ball was not over the goaline).

I just don't see what all this fuss is about other than some people losing money or hawks fans being bitter.  I am a fan of neither and had money on no one and to me the game was fine with a lot of close calls.

1309829[/snapback]

All I can say is you saw the game differently than 3/4 of America. Who is your team Brent?

1309829[/snapback]

That is the thing Brent, everyone hit on Pitt. Pitt got hammered this week.

I myself won on Pitt (to bad I bet more on the over though). but most betters are happy today about the results and mad about the refs.

And once again you don't only have to point out this game, you go back to the Indy game and the refs tried to blow that 1 too.

All I can say is you saw the game differently than 3/4 of America.  Who is your team Brent?

1309854[/snapback]

My team is the Bears. And what makes you so sure that 3/4 of Americans saw the game differently? Like I've been saying, all these polls and such are skewed because only people who have the motivation to vote actually do the voting. The huddle poll you posted shows only 59% think the game was unfair. That is way less than 3/4, hell it's even less than 2/3 and barely over half. Basically, the only people speaking out are people who are upset which makes it appear to be everyone. However, people who don't think it was that unfair probably aren't saying much because a. they don't need to and b. they know people will jump down their throats. I am speaking up because it is my duty in life to make sure you humans try to see everthing from all angles and think individually.