[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

something i thought was peculiar

crispirons

before the playoffs started, the afc was favored by 11.5 pts over the nfc. everyone figured indy as a shoe in for the superbowl. i have to think the wiseguys came in on the underdog nfc with that bloated number. what they then got was a gem of a middle when the actual line came out at 3-4, which was hit. steelers -4 and nfc +11.5. as an ardent steeler fan, that was some crazy officiating that i witnessed. don't get me wrong, i like my team being on the right side of it, but it just seemed way too peculiar to me. the holding call on seattle may have been the worst one of em. is football getting as bad as boxing?? i sensed a deep fix watching that game, and i don't see how others could see it differently. at least from a gambling perspective.

before the playoffs started, the afc was favored by 11.5 pts over the nfc.  everyone figured indy as a shoe in for the superbowl.  i have to think the wiseguys came in on the underdog nfc with that bloated number.  what they then got was a gem of a middle when the actual line came out at 3-4, which was hit.  steelers -4 and nfc +11.5.  as an ardent steeler fan, that was some crazy officiating that i witnessed.  don't get me wrong, i like my team being on the right side of it, but it just seemed way too peculiar to me.  the holding call on seattle may have been the worst one of em.  is football getting as bad as boxing??  i sensed a deep fix watching that game, and i don't see how others could see it differently.  at least from a gambling perspective.

1309606[/snapback]

Exactly. Well said and I would like to think had it been reversed I would have enough football sense to admit it, and since Pitt did win the game, you all have the luxury to laugh it off. But yes, it all started with Poly's int against Indy for me- and to me these calls were so ridiculously ine-sided it is worth talking about. I would have had this reaction no matter who was playing.

before the playoffs started, the afc was favored by 11.5 pts over the nfc.  everyone figured indy as a shoe in for the superbowl.  i have to think the wiseguys came in on the underdog nfc with that bloated number.  what they then got was a gem of a middle when the actual line came out at 3-4, which was hit.  steelers -4 and nfc +11.5.  as an ardent steeler fan, that was some crazy officiating that i witnessed.  don't get me wrong, i like my team being on the right side of it, but it just seemed way too peculiar to me.  the holding call on seattle may have been the worst one of em.  is football getting as bad as boxing??  i sensed a deep fix watching that game, and i don't see how others could see it differently.  at least from a gambling perspective.

1309606[/snapback]

I think we ('we' being non-SEA and non-PITT fans) all appreciate a Steelers fan admitting that all calls went their way. It was absurd. The calls themselves people could deal with as long as some went against Pittsburgh. If you are going to call that BS hold on Locklear (cost SEA a TD basically), call it on Pitt too. They should have called a hold on Willie Parker's run if they are going to call a phantom hold on Locklear (is that the guy's name?).

I will be equally as shocked if Crispirons doesn't have a "mysterious disappearance" in the next few days... :D

1309675[/snapback]

got our internet hookup today. i'm back and have missed this place over the past few weeks. depending on my new job schedule, i should be here daily again.

still wishing in my heart we could have been given a steelers-bears superbowl. i didn't get to comment on it, but why in the heck did the bears not triple team steve smith? he was the only one on that panther team capable of doing anything against them. the bears probably would have lost to seattle, but it would have been a better conference championship game.