[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Weak calls?

ReturnToSender

By definition, the pass interference call was right on. It was exactly as the rule book states. Ticky Tack? YES. A Penalty?YES. It was stated during the game if he didn't extend his arm to seperate, it would not have been called.

I harken back to the Raiders pats game, where an apparent funble has the Raiders going to the Super Bowl. The rule stated it was incomplete pass, and even though we all think they got robbed, and maybe the rules should be changed, the call was right..Just like in this case.

By definition, the pass interference call was right on. It was exactly as the rule book states. Ticky Tack? YES. A Penalty?YES. It was stated during the game if he didn't extend his arm to seperate, it would not have been called.

I harken back to the Raiders pats game, where an apparent funble has the Raiders going to the Super Bowl. The rule stated it was incomplete pass, and even though we all think they got robbed, and maybe the rules should be changed, the call was right..Just like in this case.

1309618[/snapback]

I agree completely. The ref. was right there, so he definitely saw it and the arm was extended. The problem is this...that call (like many other calls) was a judgement call, and ALL the judgement calls went against SEA. Not only that, but the ref. didn't throw the flag until the defender started screaming at him to throw it (this happens every play in the NFL nowadays unfortunatly...and shouldn't sway the ref. either way). If it was just that DJax call, you wouldn't be hearing non-stop whining nationwide about the officiating.

Quit pointing out facts that conflict with the notion that Seattle was a guaranteed winner if the Refs didn't hand the game to the Steelers.

1309639[/snapback]

Nobody has said that. They say it would have been a better game if the calls were more accurate.

Good lord, you're the most miserable winner I've seen around here. If you don't like the complaints (which are valid)... log off and go celebrate the win. Sheesh.

Am I a Seahawks fan, or a Steeler hater? :D

1309618[/snapback]

OK, well you've justified ONE of the supposed "bad" calls to yourself. How 'bout the others?

:jamsheadintosand:

Nobody has said that.  They say it would have been a better game if the calls were more accurate.

Good lord, you're the most miserable winner I've seen around here.  If you don't like the complaints (which are valid)... log off and go celebrate the win.  Sheesh.

1309661[/snapback]

She's stuck in "bitter hate" mood. I wouldn't be wasting my time in here either. If I was a Steelers fan today I'd be too busy celebrating with friends and buying Championship merchandise or watching the game again. Well, maybe I wouldn't watch the game again. After all, I'd hate to see all those bad calls we're talking about.

Edited by CaptainHook

Good lord, you're the most miserable winner I've seen around here.  If you don't like the complaints (which are valid)... log off and go celebrate the win.  Sheesh. 

1309661[/snapback]

You know what, you're absolutely right. I am a miserable with this win. It sucks. Steelers were awesome all though the playoffs, then we get this.

She's stuck in "bitter hate" mood.  I wouldn't be wasting my time in here either.  If I was a Steelers fan today I'd be too busy celebrating with friends and buying Championship merchandise or watching the game again. Well, maybe I wouldn't watch the game again.  After all, I'd hate to see all those bad calls we're talking about.

1309670[/snapback]

Steelers fans aren't happy that the entire country thinks of this win as a BS win. Its sad....but true and they will have to deal with that until its forgotten the way they won, if ever. Thats why they are still posting here. They are trying to uphold the integrity of the win, but its not going to work. All of us 'NFL' fans who aren't SEA or PITT fans know that the refs blew the game. Did it make SEA lose? Maybe, maybe not...we'll never know. It definitely hindered some strong opportunities that they had. Thats the point.

The holding penalty at the end of the game was THE worst call. That play alone won the game for Pitt. It was a potential (most likely) a 14 point swing in the game. Stevens actually catches the ball at the two. They score a TD there the score is Pitt: 14 SEA: 17. Instead it's 14 - 10 and Pitt scores on another gadget play. Just frustrating as an NFL fan.

You know what, you're absolutely right.  I am a miserable with this win.  It sucks.  Steelers were awesome all though the playoffs, then we get this.

1309681[/snapback]

Stiller fans are just insecure fans. They have to TELL everyone how good their them is. Like they have to prove it to themselves as well as to other people. We watch the games too. We know what happened.

Edited by fitzkek

You know what, you're absolutely right.  I am a miserable with this win.  It sucks.  Steelers were awesome all though the playoffs, then we get this.

1309681[/snapback]

It's true. The Steelers were amazing. You guys dismantled the Broncos without the benefit of any officiating. Roth had a fantastic game when forced to throw against us and your defense came up huge.

But don't blame me for this. Don't blame the people pointing out the obvious. You should be mad at the officials too. Their poor performance affected the Steelers.

But don't blame me for this.  Don't blame the people pointing out the obvious.  You should be mad at the officials too.  Their poor performance affected the Steelers.

1309742[/snapback]

You are right. And I am mad at the officials. I believe the Steelers would have won that gane without any "help," and I'm mad that they didn't grt the opportunity to prove it. :D

But I'm also mad at the tools who are saying the "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY" stole the game, as if they had anything to do with the officiating. I know that's not you, Atomic, but they are out there. :D

But I'm also mad at the tools who are saying the "The only 6 time Super Bowl Winners and YOUR DADDY" stole the game, as if they had anything to do with the officiating.  I know that's not you, Atomic, but they are out there.  :D

1309776[/snapback]

This is a good point. The Steelers had nothing to do with the officiating, its not their fault. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the way the entire country feels about the SB win.

Stiller fans are just insecure fans.  They have to TELL everyone how good their them is.  Like they have to prove it to themselves as well as to other people.  We watch the games too.  We know what happened.

1309707[/snapback]

Hey Fitz, 5 to 0 now. :D