[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The List

Jedi

the majority of real fans

1310161[/snapback]

:D You crack me up.

Maybe the majority of folks who lost money on the game.

Maybe the majority of the folks who don't know the rules.

"Real fans" understand that it was pass interference as currently defined by the NFL and needed to be called -- the problem that it has been inconsistently called in the regular season is an issue to be addressed outside the conversation of whether the officials cheated to allow Pittsburgh to win or whether the Seahawks would have won if the Refs weren't incompetent.

Real fans. :D Enjoyed that one, RA!

:D  You crack me up.

Maybe the majority of folks who lost money on the game.

Maybe the majority of the folks who don't know the rules.

"Real fans" understand that it was pass interference as currently defined by the NFL and needed to be called -- the problem that it has been inconsistently called in the regular season is an issue to be addressed outside the conversation of whether the officials cheated to allow Pittsburgh to win or whether the Seahawks would have won if the Refs weren't incompetent. 

Real fans.   :D   Enjoyed that one, RA!

1310177[/snapback]

There is also a rule against holding. And most offensive lineman in the league holds to some degree on every play. They all know the officials, and how much they can get away with without getting flagged. Yet, though there is holding on almost every play, there is not a flag on almost every play. So the rules are interpreted and enforced according to accepted norms. This is a fact in the NFL and if you argue this point you reveal your naivete.

Interferance is much the same way, occurs much more often than it is called. And that phantom push-off you saw gets called maybe 1 out of 100 times. I know it. Most people in this forum know it. And if you can dig down deep enough past the layer of homerism that clouds your vision, you know it too.

Edited by rattsass

You are honestly complaining about a non-call on a hold? That happens 20 times a game. I watched a few of those "offsides" on Pitt and for the most part the LBs just timed it well and the ref didn't miss it. The Ben TD could have gone either way. The ref wavered and it was so f'n close that it makes it seem like Dyson missed that score in the '99 SB by a mile.

Bottom line is the Seahawks should have never let it get close enough for the refs to affect the game. They played mediocre and had horrendous clock management. Pitt was just as mediocre but pulled those big plays out of their ass. The blame doesn't reside solely on the refs.

Edited by budlitebrad

There is also a rule against holding.  And most offensive lineman in the league holds to some degree on every play.  They all know the officials, and how much they can get away with without getting flagged.  Yet, though there is holding on almost every play, there is not a flag on almost every play.  So the rules are interpreted and enforced according to accepted norms.  This is a fact in the NFL and if you argue this point you reveal your naivete.

Interferance is much the same way, occurs much more often than it is called.  And that phantom push-off you saw gets called maybe 1 out of 100 times.  I know it.  Most people in this forum know it.  And if you can dig down deep enough past the layer of homerism that clouds your vision, you know it too.

1310205[/snapback]

If the lineman keeps his hands inside the shoulders and grabs while engaging the Def. player, holding is almost never called. Not that it's not holding. It's very hard to see by a ref. and almost never called.

The DJax pass interference call isn't called 98% of the time.  Also, he was grabbed, 18 yards down the field,  on his initial break before the "offensive" pass interference. 

Go ahead and pretend the refs didn't seriously malign this game, but realize that you are part of underwhelming minority, and you happen to be a Pittsburgh fan.  Virtually everyone here at the huddle gets it, and the national media didn't write numerous articles about how horrendous the officiating was, cause the refs did a "decent" job and missed a "couple" calls.

1310154[/snapback]

Gotta disagree with you there, just ask Randy Moss.

Dude, trust me.  There is a "tackle box" where cutting and blocking in the back is allowed.  Offensive lineman can do that.  Keep looking in the rules.

1310124[/snapback]

Regardless, it occured with Ben, Winstrom and the blocker all outside the pocket.

Soooo, it's a rule.

Soooo, he violated the rule.

Soooo, previous bad reffing is your excuse for why this penalty should be ignored?

Hmmm.  Put his hand on the defender with arm bent.  Straightened the arm while still in contact with defender.  Created Separation.  Gained advantage.  Hmmmmm.  That's textbook pass interference, regardless of how Michael Irvin wishes receivers would be allowed to play, this was a classic push off -- right in front of the ref!

That one having been dismissed, the Hass tackle/block penalty was a blown call and the Stevens fumble was a blown call ... Sooo, the refs did miss some calls, but if they actually call one right, you can't ask them not to because some ref in some earlier game didn't call it quite the same way ... Fix that in the offseason.

1310133[/snapback]

Isn't this the same rationale people used for the tuck rule? The tuck rule is a rule, but because nobody had ever seen it enforced, they cried foul. That 'push-off' is something that is done by the majority of the wrs in this league, on the majority of similar plays. So yeah, the fact that the refs 'chose' to enforce it right then, is questionable to me, and most others.

Someone asked for a list...

• The long TD run should have been called back due to obvious holding at the line of scrimmage. I replayed it several times, although I didn’t need to. Yeah, non holding calls never happen in the NFL. Watch a Chiefs game and watch Tony G get mugged on every play, then come talk to me.

• The interference call on Darrell Jackson in the endzone was malarkey. That call is rarel made. Not to mention, the defender made contact first. Was Hass out of the pocket? He pushed off, pretty easy to see that. The DB did not make the first contact, Jackson ran into him

• How about the play that got the Seahawks inside the 5 yardline that was called back for a mystery holding call that moved them out of the redzone? Missed this one, but I'm sure their was a hold, there is usually a hold on every play, don't hold and you won't get caught

• And yes there was the delayed signal for Roeth’s touchdown. I do not believe he got in. I’m sure Pitt fans believe he did. Official first signaled 4th down and changed his mind. I don't know if he got in for SURE, but his hand was covering the middle half of the ball and that was right on the line, so where was the other front half of the ball? It was indisputable evidence, plain and simple as that. The official ran to the play and called it a TD

• There were others still.. on a Pitt punt return, the ball carrier fumbled. No call. No replay. Sure he did :D

• The Hasselbeck “fumble” was not a fumble. Wonderful.. they overturned it. But why was such a bad call made on the field in the first place?Did they get the call right? A bad call never happens :D

• Less meaningful by this time, but possibly the most mind boggling was when Hasselbeck tackled the guy who intercepted him. “Blocking below the waste” was the call. How does a tackler get called for blocking? That was 15 yards and tons of field advantage! Can't argue here, that was the dumbest call i have ever seen

• The long 3rd down pass from Ben to Hines putting Pitt near the goal line…. There appeared to be a couple of lineman downfield… again, no call. ::D

• There were also a few plays where Pitt was offsides when we were threatening in the redzone.  :D

1309706[/snapback]

There you go :D I could have cared less who won, but I did think SEA played a weak schedule, could they have still won the game, sure, did the Refs keep them from winning the game, nope. :D

There you go :D I could have cared less who won, but I did think SEA played a weak schedule, could they have still won the game, sure, did the Refs keep them from winning the game, nope. :D

1310740[/snapback]

Absolutely untrue on Jackson making first contact. As Jackson made his move across the field (just before entering the endzone) the DB struggle to adjust and reached out and grabbed Jackson upper arm. The DB gained AT LEAST as much advantage with that move as Jackson did with his push off. Even second contact was initiated by the defender when Jackson tried to make his second move and the DB planted 2 hands in his chest.

As for your holding comment... maybe there was holding somewhere, but not there wasn't holding where it was called. Beyond that, why were none of the holds on the Steelers called. The main point here, beyond the calls listed, is that every questionable and judgement call went the Steelers way.

I am not saying the officials kept the Seahawks from winning. I am saying they effected the game in a very large way which they had no business in doing.

Edited by NoSupe4You

Someone asked for a list...

• The long TD run should have been called back due to obvious holding at the line of scrimmage. I replayed it several times, although I didn’t need to.

• The interference call on Darrell Jackson in the endzone was malarkey. That call is rarel made. Not to mention, the defender made contact first. Was Hass out of the pocket?

• How about the play that got the Seahawks inside the 5 yardline that was called back for a mystery holding call that moved them out of the redzone?

• And yes there was the delayed signal for Roeth’s touchdown. I do not believe he got in. I’m sure Pitt fans believe he did. Official first signaled 4th down and changed his mind.

• There were others still.. on a Pitt punt return, the ball carrier fumbled. No call. No replay.

• The Hasselbeck “fumble” was not a fumble. Wonderful.. they overturned it. But why was such a bad call made on the field in the first place?

• Less meaningful by this time, but possibly the most mind boggling was when Hasselbeck tackled the guy who intercepted him. “Blocking below the waste” was the call. How does a tackler get called for blocking? That was 15 yards and tons of field advantage!

• The long 3rd down pass from Ben to Hines putting Pitt near the goal line…. There appeared to be a couple of lineman downfield… again, no call.

• There were also a few plays where Pitt was offsides when we were threatening in the redzone.

1309706[/snapback]

What about when the Steelers ran the gadget play - you could read the Back Judge's lips telling the Seahwks third string safety to "stop the end around, stop the end around". And did you know the third string safety was in on that play because the Umpire "stuck" the first and second string safety with a hat pin while the rest of the stadium wasn't looking. :D

What about when the Steelers ran the gadget play - you could read the Back Judge's lips telling the Seahwks third string safety to "stop the end around, stop the end around".  And did you know the third string safety was in on that play because the Umpire "stuck" the first and second string safety with a hat pin while the rest of the stadium wasn't looking.    :D

1310831[/snapback]

:D

After 2 days to think about it, all the Steelers faithful have convinced me.

The game was called just fine. What some of us thought we saw Sunday night didn't happen. We are all fools.

We got a great game. The outcome was not influenced a single bit by the officiating. The better team won and we should be ashamed of ourselves for doubting the abilities of those fine NFL officials.

Now that is cleared up. I need to get back to writing my letters to Santa Claus for next Christmas, and to thank 'W' for finding those weapons of mass destruction.

Everything is just fine. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I thought you were being sarcastic, until I read this line...

Now that is cleared up.  I need to get back to writing my letters to Santa Claus for next Christmas, and to thank 'W' for finding those weapons of mass destruction. 

1310876[/snapback]

Can you ask the big guy in red and white if I could get a new HDTV. You may want to put in a order for a pair of hands for Jeremy Stevens too.

After 2 days to think about it, all the Steelers faithful have convinced me.

The game was called just fine.  What some of us thought we saw Sunday night didn't happen.  We are all fools.

We got a great game.  The outcome was not influenced a single bit by the officiating.  The better team won and we should be ashamed of ourselves for doubting the abilities of those fine NFL officials. 

Now that is cleared up.  I need to get back to writing my letters to Santa Claus for next Christmas, and to thank 'W' for finding those weapons of mass destruction. 

Everything is just fine.  Move along.  Nothing to see here.

1310876[/snapback]

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1308840

P.S. Can you please find something about the Steelers to bet against during the off-season..... :D

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1308840

P.S.  Can you please find something about the Steelers to bet against during the off-season.....  :D

1311005[/snapback]

Menudo, you got what you wanted. Your team won. Yes let's point out yet again that I lost betting against the Steelers. Yippee. Hooray for Menudo. Your life is now complete. I was wrong I was wrong I was wrong.

I couldn't have been more wrong, and Menudo couldn't have been more right.

You are God. I am sh!t. Hooray hooray.

Satisfied now? Have you gotten enough attention to satisfy your ego? You are the star of the message boards, and we all bow to your greatness. The homer that predicts his team will win the Superbowl is such a rare talent!! Good boy!!

Genius. Pure genius.

Menudo, you got what you wanted.  Your team won.  Yes let's point out yet again that I lost betting against the Steelers.  Yippee.  Hooray for Menudo.  Your life is now complete.  I was wrong I was wrong I was wrong.

I couldn't have been more wrong, and Menudo couldn't have been more right. 

You are God.  I am sh!t.  Hooray hooray.

Satisfied now?  Have you gotten enough attention to satisfy your ego?  You are the star of the message boards, and we all bow to your greatness.  The homer that predicts his team will win the Superbowl is such a rare talent!!  Good boy!!

Genius.  Pure genius.

1311104[/snapback]

Guess you didn't notice the :D I was just joking around. Sorry.