[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

10 Random Super Bowl thoughts

Gopher

Steeler Fan - great post, I think everyone is a crybaby who thinks the refs were bad, they didn't cost seattle the game...

Seahawk Fan - you are crazy, the refs cost us the game, we would have won had the refs been fair, its rediculous...

Every Other Fan - the refs didn't cost Seattle the game but Pitt definately got more calls and something needs to be done with the officiating to ensure the correct calls are made in the future...

copy and paste

1310835[/snapback]

:D That sums it up pretty well. However, other than my drunken debacle Sunday night, I actually agree with the 'Every Other Fan' point. The officiating completely went the Steelers way, I don't think it cost the Seahawks the game, and something has to be done to make sure the officiating improves.

ps -It's funny to me how Stealer fans downplay the officiating mistakes when they were the ones yelling at the top of their lungs after the Colts game...

as they should have due to some of the worst calls in that game too...

Edited by alexgaddis

Please, please, DO NOT, absolutly do not think think that folks criticizing the refs are criticizing the Steelers or are anti-Steelers. I know you're looking at theohiostate's avatar but with that comes the usual Browns/Bengals or whoever longstanding Steeler bashing that preceeds the Super Bowl.

Speaking for myself, while I am very, very upset at how this game was called I don't blame the Steelers one bit for capitalizing on the favorable calls or think any less of the Steeler organization or fan base. If anything I like the Steelers better than the Seahawks.

It's as a football fan that I feel I was cheated. The refs sucked. Now they's sucked a lot in recent memory but usually we put up with it because the suckiness almost always cuts both ways. In the Super Bowl, all the calls were one-sided. That's not the Steelers' fault. Everybody here realizes this.

The Steelers are not to blame for the refs sucking. The Steelers have had their own problems with lousy officiating. You of all fan bases should know- just three weeks ago you were the ones who were a Ben Roethlisberger tackle away from taking one in the pooper from lousy officiating. Does that make you (and me) anti-Colt?

1310803[/snapback]

:D

I agree and could rant on, but I'll suffice to say that there wasn't a single bad call when Liddell womped Couture! :D

Edited by Turf Smurf