[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Trade Rumors

whitem0nkey

Link

If you don’t want to talk about the Superbowl tell me you wish list this off-season for your team.

I want for the bears Antwaan Randle El (but who doesn't), and draft a TE/CB in the first two rounds.

I’m a bit bummed that Antwaan Randle El stock raised so high the past 4 weeks. I know that the Redskins, Patriots, and a bunch of other teams also want him.

Edited by whitem0nkey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

If you don’t want to talk about the Superbowl tell me you wish list this off-season for your team.

I want for the bears Antwaan Randle El (but who doesn't), and draft a TE/CB in the first two rounds.

I’m a bit bummed that Antwaan Randle El stock raised so high the past 4 weeks. I know that the Redskins, Patriots, and a bunch of other teams also want him.

1310714[/snapback]

Yeah if the skins get Randel El and with the addition of Al as OC I think the skins could make a good run in the playoffs. Maybe not the super bowl yet but they should be back in the playoffs next season as a wild card at least.

As A Ravens fan I truly believe that if we could add 15-20 quality players we could win the whole thing next year :D

Hopefully the Ravens will address the O-Line and D-Line, both are in sad shape.

The Ravens insist they will bring in a veteran to compete with Boller, God I hope so.

Yeah if the skins get Randel El and with the addition of Al as OC I think the skins could make a good run in the playoffs.  Maybe not the super bowl yet but they should be back in the playoffs next season as a wild card at least.

1310722[/snapback]

Am I missing something here?

Randle El is a very good punt returner, yes, and is a great weapon on the reverse pass (once or twice a year), but he's not that good of a WR! Fair at best.

Good luck to anyone who pays mightily for him.

Randle El is a very good punt returner, yes, and is a great weapon on the reverse pass (once or twice a year), but he's not that good of a WR!  Fair at best.

1310777[/snapback]

There is truth in this statement. I love what Randle-El brings to the equation with his athleticsm, and all of the different things you can do with him. However, he was given an opportunity to prove that he was good enough to be a #2 receiver this year, and he wasn't nearly consistent enough to do it. Don't get me wrong, he will be missed, as I see no way the Steelers buck up to keep him, but I think he is a great # 3 receiver who can do some special things, but don't expect consistencey out of him as a #2 receiver.

Randle El is a very good punt returner, yes, and is a great weapon on the reverse pass (once or twice a year), but he's not that good of a WR!  Fair at best.

1310777[/snapback]

The bears need a #2 WR, he is fast, versatile. They also need a punt returner. I know that El will drop a few passes, but he does bring a lot to the table. and we will have an extra roster spot because he will be the 3rd QB.

And I don’t want them to spend Reggie Wayne money, im not sure who else is out there.

Do we have a FA list for the off-season?

Edited by whitem0nkey

The bears need a #2 WR, he is fast, versatile. They also need a punt returner. I know that El will drop a few passes, but he does bring a lot to the table. and we will have an extra roster spot because he will be the 3rd QB.

And I don’t want them to spend Reggie Wayne money, im not sure who else is out there.

1310802[/snapback]

maybe he could be their starting qb

I heard the Seahawks have offered the Steelers two first round picks for Bill Leavy but were turned down.  Steelers officials said "Leavy is too important to the success of our team to trade at this time." :D

1310836[/snapback]

:D

1310777[/snapback]

Sometimes things change when you switch teams. Look at S. Moss.

I think he would be a great #2/#3.

1310802[/snapback]

Berrian looked pretty good in the NFC Championship game. Looks like he has plenty of promise and could be a good #2 opposite Moose. He are sort of in the same spot with Colbert coming up MIA and Drew Carter showing some nice promise at the end of the season too.

That said I would love to see the shot at either Edge or someone like Eric Moulds to give us another threat on offense so teams can't load up on Steve Smith. :D

Sometimes things change when you switch teams.  Look at S. Moss.

1310943[/snapback]

+1

Exactly what I was thinking, you never really know.

1310943[/snapback]

You could be right, he ceratinly has the athleticism, and the Steelers pass less than any other team in the NFL. He is a good guy off the field, and a good teammate, so, he will definitely be missed. I just think the price on him is going to far exceed where the Rooneys value him. His only chance to stay with Pittsburgh is for less money, and I don't think he is going to do that. If he moves on, I wish him well.

1310943[/snapback]

moss had one great year with the jets, the last year he was there he was a disappointment but werent there injury issues?

the two are not comparable IMO. randel el is a pretty good #3 wr, nothing more or less.

moss had one great year with the jets, the last year he was there he was a disappointment but werent there injury issues?

the two are not comparable IMO.  randel el is a pretty good #3 wr, nothing more or less.

1311077[/snapback]

I agree. I think he is about as good of a # 3 as you could find, due to his versatility, but, he has not yet proven he can be a dependable # 2 receiver, and the Steelers gave him an opportunity to prove just that this season.

Berrian looked pretty good in the NFC Championship game.  Looks like he has plenty of promise and could be a good #2 opposite Moose.  He are sort of in the same spot with Colbert coming up MIA and Drew Carter showing some nice promise at the end of the season too.

That said I would love to see the shot at either Edge or someone like Eric Moulds to give us another threat on offense so teams can't load up on Steve Smith.  :D

1311022[/snapback]

I can see Berrian and El being , #2B, and #2C WRs, both a real fast and they would both stretch the field. And that would make Muhammad my #2A. im real disappointed with his performance this year and im putting in consideration that Orton was the QB most of the time.

And having someone else on the other side of Smith will make the panthers a lot more scary!

Is moulds they guy the panthers are targeting?

Collins/Tui :D Cullpepper

We'll take our chances.

1311029[/snapback]

Well, I think you might want to wait to see if he can actually walk/run before you aquire him.

(thought the last former Viking QB worked out well for you...Gannon)

Is moulds they guy the panthers are targeting?

1311091[/snapback]

Not sure. He is on my personal list for the Panthers tho.... I think he will be a cap casuality in Buffalo so I would like more depth for our WRs. :D

Willie Parker is set to make $4 million next season, and that is more than the Steelers can afford to pay him. He will be asked to take a pay cut, and if he refuses, he will almost certainly be released.

where will paker play next year?

1311207[/snapback]

Where did you see that number ? Not saying you are wrong, just curious. That seems a bit high to me, considering he was an undrafted FA. I think Duce is asked to take a paycut and take over Bettis role, if he refuses Bettis gone. I don't think Parker is going anywhere. With Haynes being a UFA, Parker might be the only back they have returning.

Edited by Menudo