[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL Trade Rumors

whitem0nkey

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears as if Wayne will be franchise tagged. So scratch him off your lists.

The rumor that he Colts are inquiring about Ricky Williams intrigues me. :D Honestly, I'd rather have Ricky than sitting around hoping Maroney drops to the Colts in the draft. But if I had my choice, I'd keep James. What is Ricky's contract status?

What are the Ravens plans for Jamal Lewis?

Oh, and there is no way in HELL the Colts would trade anything for Priest Holmes.

Edited by CaptainHook

If the Texans take Bush, It would be nice to see DD go to the Vikes or Panthers. I can see him doing some damage behind a line that'll open holes for him. Not to mention the help he'd be in the passing game also. I know about the injury concerns but, I think in a better situation he could stay healthy.

Everything I've read said that he is coming back right on schedule and should be o.k.  I hope he does, as I am looking forward to the many Benals - Seahawks battles in our future, and also, that guy has proven himself to be a class act.

1311273[/snapback]

Are you predicting a run of Bengal - Seahawk Super Bowls or are the Seahawks going back to the AFC?? :D

Randle-El is a guy who will get more money elsewhere but is suited for the Steelers offense. I think he will struggle elsewhere.

James is very intriguing to me. Big loss for the Colts as I think their problem is more their tendency to forget him in big games. Panthers are the best fit I think.

Interested to see how much interest there is.

Giants need a CB badly and a playmaking young WR to groom in back of Toomer and because Tim Carter appears to be nothing but a fast guy. Quality depth at Linebacker and O-Line as well.

Are you predicting a run of Bengal - Seahawk Super Bowls or are the Seahawks going back to the AFC?? :D

Randle-El is a guy who will get more money elsewhere but is suited for the Steelers offense. I think he will struggle elsewhere.

James is very intriguing to me. Big loss for the Colts as I think their problem is more their tendency to forget him in big games. Panthers are the best fit I think.

Giants need a CB badly and a playmaking young WR to groom in back of Toomer and because Tim Carter appears to be nothing but a fast guy. Quality depth at Linebacker and O-Line as well.

1312719[/snapback]

I don't think the Giants need a whole lot on the line. Take Luke away from LT and plug him at guard again and go out and get a LT and I think that could do it. CB in FA and the W/R in the draft. They do need LB help only because we can't seem to stay healthy for a full season. Torbor didn't do a bad job on the weak side. One LB (a good LB) would do it.

It appears as if Wayne will be franchise tagged.  So scratch him off your lists.

The rumor that he Colts are inquiring about Ricky Williams intrigues me.  :D  Honestly, I'd rather have Ricky than sitting around hoping Maroney drops to the Colts in the draft.  But if I had my choice, I'd keep James.  What is Ricky's contract status?

Oh, and there is no way in HELL the Colts would trade anything for Priest Holmes.

1312708[/snapback]

It's not a done deal but it seems likely that the Ravens will franchise Jamal. He's not the best receiving RB anyway, the Colts would probably be better served going after someone else, IMHO.

Edited by Gdawg

We need Harrison to be healthy. I'll take Ty Law back, but probably not at the price he wants.

We need to draft a young stud LB, our Vets (McGinist, Bruschi, Vrabel) won't be around forever.

We need a #2 WR, Givens might price himself out of NE as might Wayne, I'm not to sure I want to put all my faith in Randell El.

Andre Davis/Dwight/Troy Brown are decent enough #3 options.

Corey Dillon to have an injury free year and Brady to recover from his sports hernia.

Oh yeah, sign Seymour to a new deal!!!!!!

Am I missing something here?

Randle El is a very good punt returner, yes, and is a great weapon on the reverse pass (once or twice a year), but he's not that good of a WR!  Fair at best.

Good luck to anyone who pays mightily for him.

1310777[/snapback]

That's what I was thinking as well.

I would like to see my Lions to get Kitna.

Oh yeah and I am hoping we get a new owner in the draft or via free agency. :D

1312703[/snapback]

Kitna is a good choice for a back up that has enough upside that he can play a big chunk of the season successfully. and I don’t think he will be asking for much money.

1312719[/snapback]

:doah:

It appears as if Wayne will be franchise tagged.  So scratch him off your lists.

The rumor that he Colts are inquiring about Ricky Williams intrigues me.  :D  Honestly, I'd rather have Ricky than sitting around hoping Maroney drops to the Colts in the draft.  But if I had my choice, I'd keep James.  What is Ricky's contract status?

1312708[/snapback]

I think Saban and the front office need to ask Ricky if his head is right, in a long sit down talk...... If the team feels he in it till the end, I would much rather see R Brown go, but I would like them to shop the one that brings higher draft pick. If there is anyway Miami could land Young that would be a hoot!!!! and praying they will sign TO but Shanny has him in his sights.

The fish with the combonation of Young, Ricky or Brown, TO, Chambers, and McMichael would be oh tooooo sweet!!!

eh? Um? I don't know what to say?

You'd want to see Ronnie go? Are you a Pats fan or something?

Ronnie is young and a stud. Ricky has a lot of ware - is one pee test away from being suspended a year - and could flake out at any minute.

Every hear an interview with Ricky? He does not think about the future, he does not look into the future. He's in the now. He has no idea what tomorrow will bring and could care less.

Buy high/Sell low. Ricky has value. We need to unload him NOW before some time next year he flakes out and we look at who all we could have gotten with our draft picks.

And Owens? Are you kidding me? Who will get the ball to him?

Edited by Duchess Jack

Ricky has a lot of ware - is one pee test away from being suspended a year - and could flake out at any minute. 

Every hear an interview with Ricky?  He does not think about the future, he does not look into the future.  He's in the now.  He has no idea what tomorrow will bring and could care less. 

Ricky has value. 

1313091[/snapback]

:D he's a worthless puke but he has value? he has all these (obvious) issues but you want a first round pick for him? which is it?

Edited by Azazello1313

:D he's a worthless puke but he has value?  he has all these (obvious) issues but you want a first round pick for him?  which is it?

1313262[/snapback]

In a what have you done for me lately world, he has value now.

He could be very valuable for a team willing to take a chance on him (if he doesn't flake out).

Me personally :shrub: fool me once.... :shrub:

I'd just like to get a second for him and wash our hands of him.

Heck - I'd accept 2 thirds or even a 3rd and a 4th.

Edited by Duchess Jack

In a what have you done for me lately world, he has value now. 

He could be very valuable for a team willing to take a chance on him (if he doesn't flake out). 

Me personally :shrub: fool me once.... :shrub:

I'd just like to get a second for him and wash our hands of him. 

Heck - I'd accept 2 thirds or even a 3rd and a 4th.

1313283[/snapback]

I think President Bush said it best when he said..."Fool me once...shame, shame on me...Fool me twice...you don't get fooled again"..

Didn't Seymour recently sign a new deal?

1313131[/snapback]

I know he'll be a FA after next year. I think they excercised an option on him last year. There is talk that if they don't sign him before the season he might not resign with the team at the end of the season. Problem is I don't see the Pats making him the highest at his postition (could be wrong). I hope he goes the Brady/Bruschi route and signs a cap friendly contract instead of going for the money like Washington and Woody.

I know he'll be a FA after next year.  I think they excercised an option on him last year.  There is talk that if they don't sign him before the season he might not resign with the team at the end of the season.  Problem is I don't see the Pats making him the highest at his postition (could be wrong).  I hope he goes the Brady/Bruschi route and signs a cap friendly contract instead of going for the money like Washington and Woody.

1313391[/snapback]

I believe he held out before this season, and the Pats guaranteed him more money in the final years of his original deal. They did not extend it.

If the Texans take Bush, It would be nice to see DD go to the Vikes or Panthers. I can see him doing some damage behind a line that'll open holes for him. Not to mention the help he'd be in the passing game also. I know about the injury concerns but, I think in a better situation he could stay healthy.

1312718[/snapback]

IMHO...Vikings need OL first and then RB: (they have some cap to play w/)

1) Upgrade at RT -- that USC guy in the draft

2) Another Center -- LeCharles Bentley??

3) Another Guard -- Hutchinson (If Seattle screws up and lets him go)

4) A Running Back -- I would love to have Jamal -- I think he comes cheaper than Edge or Alexander

On Defense -- they should be set if Pat Williams can play in 2006...they might need faster linebackers -- especially with the Tampa 2 coming in...