[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 players likely to get released

Voltaire

I don't see the Texans moving Davis, even if they are planning on taking Bush.  It should help ease the load on both of them.

1315902[/snapback]

Well, I have to admit, it appears a sure thing that the Texans will take Bush, so you were right about that, and I was wrong. :D However, I hope you are wrong about this. I'll admit, I am a Dom owner in 2 keeper leagues, and other than health issues, the guy is the real deal. You do have a point though, they might be better off to keep them both because of those very injury issues with Davis. :D Stupid teams doing what is best for themselves rather than what is in the best interest of the Fantasy Football community. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I have to admit, it appears a sure thing that the Texans will take Bush, so you were right about that, and I was wrong.  :D    However, I hope you are wrong about this.  I'll admit, I am a Dom owner in 2 keeper leagues, and other than health issues, the guy is the real deal.  You do have a point though, they might be better off to keep them both because of those very injury issues with Davis.  :D  Stupid teams doing what is best for themselves rather than what is in the best interest of the Fantasy Football community.  :D

1316113[/snapback]

They better take Bush... I'll be terrified if he's on the board when New Orleans picks.

Well, I have to admit, it appears a sure thing that the Texans will take Bush, so you were right about that, and I was wrong.  :D    However, I hope you are wrong about this.  I'll admit, I am a Dom owner in 2 keeper leagues, and other than health issues, the guy is the real deal.  You do have a point though, they might be better off to keep them both because of those very injury issues with Davis.  :D  Stupid teams doing what is best for themselves rather than what is in the best interest of the Fantasy Football community.  :D

1316113[/snapback]

IMO the best thing Houston could do is trade down, get a decent offensiveline man and a later pick in the 1st round. Bush should end up a good NFL RB, but who is going to block for him?

IMO the best thing Houston could do is trade down, get a decent offensiveline man and a later pick in the 1st round. Bush should end up a good NFL RB, but who is going to block for him?

1316124[/snapback]

That is what I've said all along, and, I think it should be a no-brainer, but, everything I've heard recently is that the Texans are going to take Reggie. Of course, it could all be a ploy to get more value for the pick.

"Dunn is due to count for just more than $8 million against the team's salary cap next season, a figure that could limit the team's financial flexibility unless it is reworked.

Dunn, who is signed through 2007, said he is unaware if any contract talks have taken place. Falcons' president and general manager Rich McKay and Dunn's agent, Jim Steiner, were unavailable for comment."

If Warrick Dunn agrees to restructure his current contract, he stays a Falcon.

If not, he's a likely candidate to be released.

That is what I've said all along, and, I think it should be a no-brainer, but, everything I've heard recently is that the Texans are going to take Reggie.  Of course, it could all be a ploy to get more value for the pick.

1316127[/snapback]

Bush is viewed as once in a ten year player. My guess is they will take him and use him with Dom for a year and then figure it out what to do with Dom next year.

I think Dunn will restructure. Otherwise he will be forced into a much smaller contract. At this point there isn't a huge market for FA RB's. Look at SA and Edgelast season. And this season.

All reports out of Indy this season, are that they franchise Reggie Wayne. I'm a big Wayne fan, however I do realize he is a no2 NFL receiver. How can they keep him, and let Edge go? Doesn't make sense to me.

The Raiders are almost forced to drop Woodson, or lock him up for a high end long term contract. And I don't know that he's worth it at this point.

I'm not sure why everyone is saying that Moulds will be released. I haven't followed that sitch really, but why release him? Maybe they should do the same, and try and restructure his contract or sign him to a smaller deal.

With the Texans most likely taking Bush, I can see Jonathon Wells being allowed to leave. Especially as he's a UFA.

1321154[/snapback]

I think they'll keep Wells. Isn't he a FB who was just filling in for Dom? Kinda like Greg Jones in Jacks...

Shields has said he'll be back in KC from what I've seen.

"(KFFL) Jason Whitlock, of the Kansas City Star, reports Kansas City Chiefs OG Will Shields is talking line a man who wants to return to the team in 2006. Shields isn't doing anything all that special to commemorate his 11th trip to the Pro Bowl this weekend. He's also not measuring his words when asked about the possibility of retirement. "I'll know in a couple of weeks, maybe by March 3. Isn't that the first day of free agency?" Shields said to Whitlock early Friday evening, Feb. 10, at the Pro Bowl team hotel. "It all depends on my knees and back." Thursday night, Feb. 9, one of Shields' teammates assured Whitlock that this weekend's Pro Bowl would not be the last for Shields. The popular thinking among the players in Honolulu is that the Chiefs, with Herm Edwards pushing the buttons, are the non-playoff team most likely to make a 2007 Super Bowl run. Shields said Edwards' coaching style would benefit his ailing back and knees."

I think they'll keep Wells. Isn't he a FB who was just filling in for Dom? Kinda like Greg Jones in Jacks...

1321161[/snapback]

No Jonathon Well is not the Texans FB, that's Moran Norris. He's always been a RB for the Texans & was a RB for the Buckeyes in College.

If the Texans take Bush, they'd have Bush, Dom Davis, Vernand Morency, Tony Hollings & Jonathon Wells all at RB.

With Wells being a UFA, I'd think he's gonna be the odd man out.

Edited by Big Score 1

Here are some reports on some of the Steelers FA's. I'm fine with everything below, but if Hartings is a cap hit, then Okobi NEEDS to be signed.

Steelers | W. Williams likely released

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:39:21 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers CB Willie Williams will likely be released this offseason. Williams was due $1,235,000 for the 2006 season, but he lost his starting job at the end of training camp.

Steelers | Keisel a priority to get re-signed

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:39:04 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers DL Brett Keisel is the team's priority to get re-signed for the 2006 season. The team's decision could leave DL Kimo von Oelhoffen in limbo, but he could be offered a one-year deal to stay.

Steelers | Batch likely re-signed

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:38:33 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Charlie Batch will likely get re-signed as the backup quarterback for the team.

Steelers | Maddox likely cut

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:38:13 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers QB Tommy Maddox will likely get cut due to his $1.1 million salary and for being demoted to the No. 3 quarterback role.

Steelers | Okobi possible salary cap victim

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:37:46 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers C Chukky Okobi could become a salary cap victim if C Jeff Hartings is willing to take a pay cut. Okobi is due to make $2 million for the 2006 season and would be a backup if Hartings stays.

Steelers | Hartings possible salary cap victim

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:37:11 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Pittsburgh Steelers C Jeff Hartings might become a salary cap victim if he is not willing to take a pay cut. Hartings is due $4,750,000 for the 2006 season, with a $750,000 roster bonus due March 2. If Hartings is released, C Chukky Okobi would become the team's new center.

Steelers | Super Bowl win hurt team's salary cap

Fri, 10 Feb 2006 21:35:48 -0800

Ed Bouchette, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports the Pittsburgh Steelers' Super Bowl XL win might cost the team a free-agent signing. A number of Steelers had incentives in their contracts for winning the Super Bowl. QB Ben Roethlisberger alone received a $500,000 bonus because of the victory.

No Jonathon Well is not the Texans FB, that's Moran Norris.  He's always been a RB for the Texans & was a RB for the Buckeyes in College.

If the Texans take Bush, they'd have Bush, Dom Davis, Vernand Morency, Tony Hollings & Jonathon Wells all at RB.

With Wells being a UFA, I'd think he's gonna be the odd man out.

1321176[/snapback]

I'd say Hollings too...

1316113[/snapback]

Bad blocking has a lot to do with the injuries. Keeping both for the time being makes sense. I wonder if Kubiak and company can ressurect that line with a different locking scheme. Should be interesting to watch.