[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Pizza In Town

Swashbucklers

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

live in breckenridge..... pizza is so-so here...best one in town is prob gianpietro's.

from san francisco. favorites were front room; bella's; john's; village pizza;

edit: started to remember some ...... used to like uno's and chigaco pizza (chains), but think they've gone down hill.

Edited by Bier Meister

Imo's & Blackthorn Pub are the first ones that come to mind.

1311275[/snapback]

I love Imo's pizza.

In Seattle, the best pizza comes from a little hole-in-the-wall place called NorthLake Tavern. There is no other pizza that even comes remotely close.

I'll have to do some "research" to find Portland's.

My favorite local pizza place shut down a few months ago. It was awesome. Next best on the list is a place called Nick's Pizza. My parents have been going there for 35 years. It's a more traditional, very thick crusted pizza. Very fresh sauce, good cheese and toppings. Mmm.

And I've said it before, and I'll say it again... the best frozen pizza I have ever had is Freschetta's Brick Oven Pepperoni. I'm tellin' you... it blows Pizza Hut (sorry KevinL) and Domino's and the like out of the water.

I love Imo's pizza.

In Seattle, the best pizza comes from a little hole-in-the-wall place called NorthLake Tavern.  There is no other pizza that even comes remotely close.

I'll have to do some "research" to find Portland's.

1311299[/snapback]

You ever tried Picora's (not sure of the spelling)? It's in Burien, I think. That schtuff is the best West Coast pizza I ever had.

Hometown (Philly burbs) favorite is Pica's in Upper Darby, they make the square ones. White pizza with tomato, black olive, broccolli rabe and a ton of garlic. Man, I am hungry, now.

From the places I have lived:

Madison, WI - college town, college pizza - on a budget, Pizza Pit is great....have some money to spend, Rocky Rococco's Sausage and Mushroom. As someone noted, Uno's has gone downhill - my favorite alltime pizza used to be their 4 Cheese pizza w/garlic.

Salt Lake City - Best pizza I have ever had comes from Mormon town. The Pie Pizzaria. AMAZING. I have had zza all over the country (NY, Chicago, ATL, Dallas etc...) and this is the best.

Iowa City - Nothing is good in Iowa. Including the pizza.

Las Vegas - Not really a pizza town. Guess I will go with Metro Pizza, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it if you are in town.

Madison, WI - college town, college pizza - on a budget, Pizza Pit is great....have some money to spend, Rocky Rococco's Sausage and Mushroom.  As someone noted, Uno's has gone downhill - my favorite alltime pizza used to be their 4 Cheese pizza w/garlic.

1312129[/snapback]

The Uno's in Platteville, WI was independentally run and was a lot better than the other Uno's.

Madison, WI - college town, college pizza - on a budget, Pizza Pit is great....have some money to spend, Rocky Rococco's Sausage and Mushroom.  As someone noted, Uno's has gone downhill - my favorite alltime pizza used to be their 4 Cheese pizza w/garlic.

Salt Lake City - Best pizza I have ever had comes from Mormon town.  The Pie Pizzaria.  AMAZING.  I have had zza all over the country (NY, Chicago, ATL, Dallas etc...) and this is the best.

Iowa City - Nothing is good in Iowa.  Including the pizza. 

Las Vegas - Not really a pizza town.  Guess I will go with Metro Pizza, but I wouldn't go out of my way to try it if you are in town.

1312129[/snapback]

I used to go to Metro Pizza and eat the Nuclear fries.....Yummm

Charlotte has a few good ones tucked away-

House of Pizza on Central- Athenay part of town, but excellent pizza

Portofino's- My favorite, is true NY style and awesome.

Fontanella's- Like the above, a family owned Italian place. Best crust of them all.

Mellow Mushroom- Same place BJ mentioned, they've got 3 of em around here, and they're a big hit with Starbucks and wine / cheese crowd.

Fuel Pizza- Local chain that has excellent thin crust and good wings.

The problem here is most of that two of the good one's are in really Athenay parts of town, and you have to drive a ways to eat there.