[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Best Pizza In Town

Swashbucklers

Salernos.  Originaly in Berwyn and Now in St. Charles IL..  Not stuffed, but thick.  Mmmmmm.

1318135[/snapback]

RR

there's a place in Fremont, IL that has the best pizza on the planet! It has won awards worldwide, but I'm not sure of the name. Do you know what I'm talking about? It's not really a pizza place, rather an Italian restaurant that happens to serve the best darn pizza in the world. It's so much better than any pizza I've ever had it's ridiculous. Let me know if this rings a bell.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RR

there's a place in Fremont, IL that has the best pizza on the planet!  It has won awards worldwide, but I'm not sure of the name.  Do you know what I'm talking about?  It's not really a pizza place, rather an Italian restaurant that happens to serve the best darn pizza in the world.  It's so much better than any pizza I've ever had it's ridiculous.  Let me know if this rings a bell.

1325070[/snapback]

I'm not sure where Fremont is, but Salernos is original. Thick but not pan.

Didn't see any Detroit Metro responses. Besides some of the obvious ones, Pizza Papalis and Buddy's, what do you guys like? I'm always looking for a new Pie to try.

Buddy's and Shields are probably my favorite, but I do enjoy Hungry Howies and a local Downriver place called Pizza King, been going there since the 80's, greasy and good. Pizza rolls there are excellent too, Fish Dinners on Friday are actually decent (LP location, not Taylor).

Didn't see any Detroit Metro responses.  Besides some of the obvious ones, Pizza Papalis and Buddy's, what do you guys like?  I'm always looking for a new Pie to try.

Buddy's and Shields are probably my favorite, but I do enjoy Hungry Howies and a local Downriver place called Pizza King, been going there since the 80's, greasy and good.  Pizza rolls there are excellent too, Fish Dinners on Friday are actually decent (LP location, not Taylor).

1333142[/snapback]

Zodiac Raquetball Club, on Dix across from Southgate PD, I played walleyball there for about 10 yrs and became friends with the guys that own it. They have a full menu and very good food, The pizza is great especially if Dino makes it. The chicken sub is awesome also. Oh yeah great salads too, and Pepperoni sticks, and bread sticks.....mmmmmmmmmm...

Zodiac Raquetball Club, on Dix across from Southgate PD, I played walleyball there for about 10 yrs and became friends with the guys that own it. They have a full menu and very good food, The pizza is great especially if Dino makes it. The chicken sub is awesome also. Oh yeah great salads too, and Pepperoni sticks, and bread sticks.....mmmmmmmmmm...

1333322[/snapback]

They do make a good pie. Had a bad internal experience there last year, nothing to do with the food but rather my over priced bill. Extended family get together and somehow I walked out of there with a $55 bill which blew my mind.

Will say the Pizza was good though. My ex actually has some type of connections with the Foggias as well. One of their wives (Becky maybe) is related to them. Big tangent, my bad.

Do you play Walleyball anymore? I played there in the early 90's but not since.

Edit to add: Pia's on Ecorse makes a pretty good pie also. Boomers too on Southfield.

Edited by chiefjay

:D  The free t-shirt pie

I've done it 3 times, ALWAYS feel like crap afterwards.

1334346[/snapback]

Never tried the challenge for that reason...I figure I'd come up just short and feeling like I wanted to puke at the end. But the eats there are good. Love the pizza and calamari. :D

Yeesh, I don't even think I could get through half.

1334403[/snapback]

My friend's sister has done it, she's only 110 lbs. It's not bad until you're about 1/2 way done, and you see how much more you have to go, and the pizza starts getting cold. It's always a great idea until it's in front of us :D

They do make a good pie.  Had a bad internal experience there last year, nothing to do with the food but rather my over priced bill.  Extended family get together and somehow I walked out of there with a $55 bill which blew my mind.

Will say the Pizza was good though.  My ex actually has some type of connections with the Foggias as well.  One of their wives (Becky maybe) is related to them.  Big tangent, my bad.

Do you play Walleyball anymore?  I played there in the early 90's but not since.

Edit to add:  Pia's on Ecorse makes a pretty good pie also.  Boomers too on Southfield.

1334028[/snapback]

Haven't played in a couple of years unfortunately. The schedule just doesn't allow it, unless I wanted to give up bowling :D

I haven't found anything special in Dallas. Mama Mia's is as good as any.

The best pizza anywhere is Duane's House of Pizza on South University in Fargo, ND. The thin crust is cracker-like and they cut the thing in bite sized squares and it came with a free teaspoon of grease in the middle. :D

Giovanni's uncooked pizza were darn good too.

Me and the wife and daughter went to Cici's Saturday. First time I had ever been. For the price it was amazing. The alfredo ham and maccaroni and cheese were great so were the brownies and cinnamon buns. $12.00 and more than worth that. The whole time I was thinking how much better I'd have eaten in colege if there was a Cici's in Moorhead.

Mama Mia's is as good as any.

1344639[/snapback]

If all the places named Mama Mia's pooled resources, they'd dwarf Pizza Hut and Domino's as the world's largest pizza chain.

Looking at the thread about the Totino's pizza, several made references about their favorite pizza parlors in said hometown.  Which is yours, what city is it located, and why is it the best?

1311200[/snapback]

Here in Northern Vermont, Mimmo's Pizza is clearly the best ... nestled in the heart of St. Albans (exit 19 of I-89). Great pie ... great atmosphere ... great staff ... top-notch entreprenurial ownership. Oh, and did I mention great pie? :D

i went to this place for lunch last week, and it was pretty dam good. :D

i dont like it better than the ones i listed, though :D

1342320[/snapback]

Tried Lil' Ricci's last night... wasn't to good, maybe they had an off night?? Abo's would have been better.