[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Jets to hold press conference at 3pm

Mr. X

The man spent 10 years in green. If he calls the team requesting this honor you wanna be the one to tell him no?

1311899[/snapback]

No. The point is that it's kind of sad when Richie Anderson is among the best players the franchise has had in the past decade. Like I said - nothing against him personally, I like him and all, but he's no HOFer.

Maybe they can bring Kyle Brady back for a day when he retires too.

Why didn't Houston get to split last year?  Because someone wanted to get CuMra to 1000 yards.  That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard in a pro franchise.  Why bother seeing what you may have for the future when you can let the old guy try to get 1000 for personal reasons only?

1311933[/snapback]

I'm sure whoever wanted CuMar to get to 100 yards is gone ... heck there's been a change at every coaching spot and now GM in the organization.

I guess what I'm saying is what do Jets fans think of Houston and how do you take into consideration Blaylock?

I'm hoping somebody will say Houston sucked when filling in and Blaylock is the answer for the post-CuMar jets. I mean that's my *hope* but I didn't see any Jets games with Houston as the feature back, I did read the box scores and Houston looked good vs Miami, sh*tty vs NE, and overall pretty ordinary but the Jets were a mess all around him.

Now, I didn't see a single snap. I am still hopeful Houston will be working the McDonalds drive thru five years from now watching Blaylock perform on TV every Sunday. But I certainly noticed Vet talking about Houston without mentioning Blaylock and as a CuMar/Blaylock owner, that didn't go over very well for me at all. Blaylock has a 5 year $11 mill deal with a phat signing bonus while Houston was scooped out of the 6th round toilet.

Edited by Voltaire

How about the Vegas odds makers making the Jets a 100/1 team to win the Super Bowl?  If only they free up some cap room and draft intelligently, roughly $2,000 could be waiting for me in Vegas next February.

1312363[/snapback]

The team is floating aimlessly from the front office through the coaching staff, most of the offense coming off of injury and there's no QB.

Yes, Herman Edwards kept starting an injured (badly injured) Curtis Marin for that all important 1000 yard season, with a healthy Blaylock on the bench, and a rookie with upside sitting next to him. It was one of the many reasons I wanted Herm the Werm gone. Putting Pennington back in the game after he re-injured his surgically repaired shoulder.... well, the rap list on Edwards and his stupidity could fuel MSaint's next book. From comparing Vick to a barnyard chicken, to well.... at least he's gone now.

Houston showed some talent at the end of last year, once Herm the Werm lost interest. For that matter, the last four games Bollinger played well, except for the NE game, where the Jets were ownedtarred and feathered. He doesn't have great speed, but he can break tackles and seems to be able to catch. Like most rookies, he was terrible on blitz pickups. I think he could emerge as the primary RB next year. Long term, it's hard to say, Edwards never let young players play. Mangini should at least give them an opportunity.

As for Tannenbaum, Vet is a true darksider. He's had a player personnel position in the NFL for 13 years now, has been the asst GM of thre Jets for 5 years, and has been involved in the Jets player personnel moves extensively, especially in scouring other teams' practice squads for sleepers. He knows the whole scouting staff, but has no track record as a GM running a draft. He has plenty of exposure to the process, though, and to predict gloom and doom is pretty dopey..... it's like saying a coach is bad before they play a game.

...Vet is a true darksider. ...to predict gloom and doom is pretty dopey...

1312614[/snapback]

I'm not predicting gloom and doom, as a Jets fan I'm living it. And I have been living it for 37 years. And to predict anything other than gloom and doom for this franchise has proven to be pretty dopey in the past.

Am I hopeful? Sure. I have hope, but I sure don't have faith. They have never given me any reason to have faith in the organization. They'll have to show me things are different before I buy any of it.

Good news is I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 11 years and I'm up to #171. So one more crappy season ought to get me my tix. Whether I decide to actually pay for them is another question.

I'm not predicting gloom and doom, as a Jets fan I'm living it.  And I have been living it for 37 years.  And to predict anything other than gloom and doom for this franchise has proven to be pretty dopey in the past.

Am I hopeful?  Sure.  I have hope, but I sure don't have faith.  They have never given me any reason to have faith in the organization.  They'll have to show me things are different before I buy any of it.

Good news is I've been on the season ticket waiting list for 11 years and I'm up to #171.  So one more crappy season ought to get me my tix.  Whether I decide to actually pay for them is another question.

1312763[/snapback]

Vet, my dopey comment wasn't directed at you, although in rereading it it does come across like that. I was thinking about the press in NY. I think it's funny that two guys, one 37 years old, the other 35 are characterized as "kids". Between them, they have been in the NFL for almost 25 years. Former players are always older. Edwards had less experience in terms of coaching when he was hired than Mangini. That "kid" in the Boston GM chair (baseball) did OK as a guy who wasn't 50 years old either. Gruden, Landry, Cowher and Shula are just a few of the "Kids" that coached their way to great success in the NFL.