[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think I'll weigh in - why not?

Cunning Runt

Second:  I don't think anyone here is 100% positive that if the refs had called a better game it was a definite Seattle win.  It just would have been nice to see it play out without the stripes getting in the way.  As a homer, I think they would have won, but I'm letting that dead horse alone.  :D

1312118[/snapback]

I agree. Seattle messed up enough on their own to lose the game. It just sucks that the refs put it over the top instead of letting it unfold on the field.

It's not a "What If?" so much as a frame of reference question.  Too difficult for you to think about?  I know it's easier to just enter  :D or  :D or "Good one!  :D " than to actually think things through.  Don't strain yourself.  I'll wait for the more mature Pitt fans to respond.

1312127[/snapback]

Ok, you go ahead and wait. In the mean time, I'll be down at Heinz Field admiring the Lombardi Trophy. :D:D

I thought Pitt would win the game... until about mid-week, then all my money went on the Seahawks straight up.

Ben is still too young, was not prepared, and the defense can be beat.

It will be nice to see Pitt get spanked by Cinn twice next year, and I will relish them go 9-7 and miss the playoffs.

1312103[/snapback]

When we beat the Bengals, we heard from Bengal fans...

"Oh yeah, can't wait to watch you get hammered by the Colts...."

When we beat the Colts, Sarge and others came on and said......

"Can't wait to see the Steelers get their a$$ handed to them by the Broncos"

When the Steelers beat the Broncos, everyone on here........

"The Disrespected Seahawks are going to score well over 30 and hammer the Steeelers"

And now....... the post above :D

Edited by Menudo

First off: Saying "they were handed the game by the refs" is not the same as saying they couldn't have won it on their own.  I think the statement from Voltaire is just that you acknowledged that the game was skewed by bad calls.

Second:  I don't think anyone here is 100% positive that if the refs had called a better game it was a definite Seattle win.  It just would have been nice to see it play out without the stripes getting in the way.  As a homer, I think they would have won, but I'm letting that dead horse alone.  :D

But I have to ask all Pitt homers.  If Roeth had been unable to make that 1 in a 100 tackle in the Colts game and the colts had scored the winning TD, would you just chalk it up to Pitt not playing well enough to overcome the terrible INT reversal?  :D

1312118[/snapback]

It would have made me sick to my stomach. I would have been extremely angry, but I really don't think there is anyway of getting around this. As bad as everyone is saying the officiating was in the Steelers game, and I agree there were lots of questionable calls, none were as blatant as the Polamalu interception being reversed after it was reviewed......the only one as blatant is the call on Hasselbeck, which didn't have as big of an impact. I think if the official apologize for any, it will be that one.

That said, I completely understand why the Seahawks fans are upset, and, yes, I would be to.

It would have made me sick to my stomach.  I would have been extremely angry, but I really don't think there is anyway of getting around this.  As bad as everyone is saying the officiating was in the Steelers game, and I agree there were lots of questionable calls, none were as blatant as the Polamalu interception being reversed after it was reviewed......the only one as blatant is the call on Hasselbeck, which didn't have as big of an impact.  I think if the official apologize for any, it will be that one.

That said, I completely understand why the Seahawks fans are upset, and, yes, I would be to.

1312223[/snapback]

Just put me down for a ditto.