[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was it or wasn't it a push-off

Menudo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Offensive P.I.

Still not sure about that one, but this definitely should have been a push in the back, that would have moved the Seahawks back 15 yards and the might not have gotten their TD    :D

Block in the back

1311972[/snapback]

You don't know that. You never know what will happen after calls are made.

It would be nice if the teams, not the refs, would decide games.

You don't know that. You never know what will happen after calls are made.

It would be nice if the teams, not the refs, would decide games.

1311995[/snapback]

Agreed, that is why the :D was there. Sadly, we don't know. I was just pointing out the one "questionable" call against the Steelers. I've already admitted there were several against the Seahawks.

You mean before or after the DB appealed to the back judge.

Hint:  he didn't throw it until the DB complained...

1311998[/snapback]

Just wondering what your opinion was after watching the video... :D

Just wondering what your opinion was after watching the video... :D

1312001[/snapback]

I just happened to see the replay (again) and the back judge did seem to whiff at reaching for the flag,...before the DB pleaded with him. I posted in the other thread as well...

As far as the call in my own opinion, technically I think it was PI, but I don't think it should have been called. I don't think it created separation.

wow look at rothlisberger diving, going down like he got hit by a sniper with his arms flopping all over the place...he musta been watching some south american soccer games.  :D

1312010[/snapback]

Must admit, he did look funny. :D

wow look at rothlisberger diving, going down like he got hit by a sniper with his arms flopping all over the place...he musta been watching some south american soccer games.  :D

1312010[/snapback]

Maybe he was watching the big screen and did an NBA flop. :D

Menudo,

I am starting to wonder about you...... Seriously-

You won the MF game!- Do you have no idea how to win?. Do you have nothing else to do? Your gonna keep goin over this stuff EVEN tho you won the SB. It is obvious you don't even know the first thing about football or the rules.

No advantage gained by Djax- why don't you rewind your beta tape and show the Pitt defender make first contact before that.

the 2nd one is on the int return!- you dumbf!- not a block in the back- he is out in front of the returner- he can block the Pitt guy anywhere he wants- not his problem if the guy turns that way. Have you watched football before?

I can't belive we lost to guys like you. :D:D

Offensive P.I.

Still not sure about that one, but this definitely should have been a push in the back, that would have moved the Seahawks back 15 yards and the might not have gotten their TD    :D

Block in the back

1311972[/snapback]

IMO it was definately a pushoff, just wonder how they did not call pass interference before that on the Pitt defender if they are going to call that.

No advantage gained by Djax- why don't you rewind your beta tape and show the Pitt defender make first contact before that.

1312037[/snapback]

The defender initiated contact with Jackson twice. When jackson made his initial move before entering the endzone, the DB reached out and grabbed his upper arm. Then when Jackson made his second move in the endzone the defender put both hands into Jackson chest which was followed by the contact by Jackson which was called.

Yes, exactly.  :D

1312109[/snapback]

Apparently the real world is every where outside of Pittsburgh...

Top 10 worst calls of NFL postseason:

#9. Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference

Okay, maybe by the narrowest, most picayune interpretation of the rule, you could make an argument that D-Jack pushed off. But in the real world, on a broken route, when a smaller wide receiver is hand-fighting with a much bigger safety, this exchange does not constitute offensive pass interference. You got the sense from his hesitance that the back judge had already decided on the no-call, then changed his mind once he saw the result of the play. The call negated a great adjustment by Matt Hasselbeck, who put the ball where only Jackson could catch it. And is there anything more depressing than watching dubious calls wipe out great plays?

As a video professional. (ahem).

I seriously question why they chose that one frame to start that animated gif. It makes it look like 28 was just standing there and got shoved. Show a few seconds before that clip starts and you'll see 28 moving in the direction he is falling in. Momentum was carrying him that way.

Very questionable short clip.