[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was it or wasn't it a push-off

Menudo

Again... Stealer fans know they don't deserve it, just look at them scraping for anything to give them confidence... it's like the a-hole husband bringing his wife flowers after he just had sex with the neighbors goat.

1312085[/snapback]

Why you gotta bring spain in to this?

:D

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Menudo,

I am starting to wonder about you...... Seriously-

You won the MF game!- Do you have no idea how to win?. Do you have nothing else to do? Your gonna keep goin over this stuff EVEN tho you won the SB. It is obvious you don't even know the first thing about football or the rules.

No advantage gained by Djax- why don't you rewind your beta tape and show the Pitt defender make first contact before that.

the 2nd one is on the int return!- you dumbf!- not a block in the back- he is out in front of the returner- he can block the Pitt guy anywhere he wants- not his problem if the guy turns that way. Have you watched football before?

I can't belive we lost to guys like you.  :D  :D

1312037[/snapback]

Uh Oh, Wildcat is starting wonder about me.....run away, run away !!!!

Don't know the 1st thing about football or the rules.... :D Lets compare resumes. Played since I was five, played in college, coached high school several years after college.

I've already said that I thought the Jackson call was ticky-tack and SHOULD NOT have been called. Maybe you should read some of my stuff before spouting off.

Of course it is an interception return, do you think I thought Roethlisberger was playing safety ? :D You cannot block a player in the back anywhere while the play is going on. Yeah, I don't know football. :D Have I ever watched football? I have an addiction to football, I watch too much football - every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, during football season, I am watching.

If you've been reading, Skippy & I are the only Steeler fans that admitted that the penalties definitely played a large part in the game. It is a shame that they happened.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1308840

Just posted these pictures for fun, but nothing you said in this post was accurate.

Uh Oh, Wildcat is starting wonder about me.....run away, run away !!!!

Don't know the 1st thing about football or the rules.... :D  Lets compare resumes.  Played since I was five, played in college, coached high school several years after college.

I've already said that I thought the Jackson call was ticky-tack and SHOULD NOT have been called.  Maybe you should read some of my stuff before spouting off.

Of course it is an interception return, do you think I thought Roethlisberger was playing safety ?  :D  You cannot block a player in the back anywhere while the play is going on.  Yeah, I don't know football.  :D  Have I ever watched football?  I have an addiction to football, I watch too much football - every Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, during football season, I am watching.

If you've been reading, Skippy & I are the only Steeler fans that admitted that the penalties definitely played a large part in the game.  It is a shame that they happened. 

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...dpost&p=1308840

Just posted these pictures for fun, but nothing you said in this post was accurate.

1312201[/snapback]

:D So, then if your such a football expert :D How in the world can you think someone who is OUT IN FRONT of someone who has the ball in an INT return can possibly block someone in the back- :D Sad thing is I know your not kidding. Whether Roth is blocked head on - or turns his back like a Rosie O'Donnell, he is OUT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY and the Sea defender can lay out the OVERRATED ROTH any way he chooses.

So, you are basically saying a lead FB, clearing a hole thru the O line in front of the TB can't block someone if they have their back turned?? :D:D

Nice fans there in the Steal City-

:D  So, then if your such a football expert  :D  How in the world can you think someone who is OUT IN FRONT of someone who has the ball in an INT return can possibly block someone in the back- :D  Sad thing is I know your not kidding. Whether Roth is blocked head on - or turns his back like a Rosie O'Donnell, he is OUT IN FRONT OF THE PLAY and the Sea defender can lay out the OVERRATED ROTH any way he chooses. 

So, you are basically saying a lead FB, clearing a hole thru the O line in front of the TB can't block someone if they have their back turned??   :D  :D

Nice fans there in the Steal City-

1312230[/snapback]

First off Roethlisberger was running at an angle towards the runner when the initial contact occourred. If Roethlisberger turns his back at the last second to try to entice the penalty, then yes it won't be called. That didn't happen here.

Secondly.....

From the NFL Rulebook:

Illegal block in the back (10 yards) - a player makes any block from behind and above the waist. Referee signal: one forearm vertically held in front of the body with palm facing outward; the other hand grasping the first arm's wrist.

John Riggins on NFL Radio on Sirius said that was a missed call on the Steelers end, but, I guess he doesn't know football either. :D

Could some of the educated people let this guys know that you are not allowed to block in the back..........

Edited by Menudo

First off Roethlisberger was running at an angle towards the runner when the initial contact occourred.  If Roethlisberger turns his back at the last second to try to entice the penalty, then yes it won't be called.  That didn't happen here.

Secondly.....

From the NFL Rulebook:

Illegal block in the back (10 yards) - a player makes any block from behind and above the waist. Referee signal: one forearm vertically held in front of the body with palm facing outward; the other hand grasping the first arm's wrist.

Could some of the educated people let this guys know that you are not allowed to block in the back..........

1312240[/snapback]

Do they teach you how to read in PA? Does the phrase " From behind" mean anything other to you than you munching a pillow with a grin on your face?? :D

Do they teach you how to read in PA?  Does the phrase " From behind" mean anything other to you than you munching a pillow with a grin on your face??  :D

1312251[/snapback]

Wow, I can't believe you are this dense. A Seahawk who was behind Roethlisberger pushed him in the back as Roethlisberger was attempting to run towards the ballcarrier......... Seriously, what is hard for you to understand ?

Edited by Menudo

Wow, I can't believe you are this dense.  A Seahawk who was behind Roethlisberger pushed him in the back as Roethlisberger was attempting to run towards the ballcarrier......... Seriously, what is hard for you to understand ?

1312259[/snapback]

this is unreal...have you looked at your little pic??

Seahwawk behind Roth??

What in the world are you talking about? and why am I wasting time with this :doah: .

The Sea defender who is now a lead blocker is in front of the play, Roth was fair game- :D

this is unreal...have you looked at your little pic??

Seahwawk behind Roth??

What in the world are you talking about? and why am I wasting time with this  :doah: . 

The Sea defender who is now a lead blocker is in front of the play, Roth was fair game-  :D

1312276[/snapback]

Yes, the lead blocker, who is in front of the play pushed Ben Roethlisberger square in the back...... :D You can't block someone in the back regardless of where they are on the field.

John Riggins just commented on this on Sirius NFL Radio, so you are saying that Riggins and I don't understand it, but you do ? :D

Again... Stealer fans know they don't deserve it, just look at them scraping for anything to give them confidence... it's like the a-hole husband bringing his wife flowers after he just had sex with the neighbors goat.

1312085[/snapback]

super bowl champions do not give up 75 yard td runs.

they do not allow a receiver to throw a 43 yard touchdown pass on the same trick play that had been shown earlier this year.. when you see the rb take the toss with a wr (randle el) flying down the other side ready to take the handoff, how can you not know whats coming? when the other wr (ward) does not stay to block on the apparent toss play and instead bolts downfield, how can you not know what is coming?

they dont allow a 3rd and 28 conversion on a play with a throw from one side of the field to the other.

they shouldnt allow a team to successfully gain first downs when time is crucial and they know the play is a run.

they dont have tight ends drop/fumble 3 easy passes.

they dont miss 2 field goals, especially with a good kicker.

super bowl champions know how to run a 2 minute drill. if they dont get it right the first time, they sure as hell do the second. maybe your coach should have been a little bit more focused on how to manage a super bowl than worry what he is going to say to the refs. he sure didnt look like that great coach he was made out to be all week. sucks not having favre, huh?

pittsburgh played as bad as they have in a long time. they gave seattle all the chances in the world to capitalize which they couldnt do.

the officiating was not very good.. but when you stiff arm a safety right smack in front of the ref, 9/10 times its getting called.. he was reaching for the flag before hope complained, which he had the right to do because he had jackson covered before the stiff arm. maybe a little bump and he would have gotten away with it, but he extended his arm straight out. if it wasnt called then pittsburgh would have been complaining and not seattle.

you could go either way with the ben td.. it all depends on your perception of where the ball is.. after pausing and zooming multiple times, i saw that his elbow of the arm with the ball was clearly across the plane, i just couldnt make out where the ball exactly was in his hand. no matter what the call on the field was, that was not getting overturned in the booth.. it just so happens the ref thought he had crossed and gave it a td.

the hasselbeck tackle call was weak and shouldnt have been called.. on the other side you have the obvious block in the back on ben, fumble with stevens, and another block in the back on seattle's best punt return where the guy tackled a steeler defender from behind.. all of which werent called.. pittsburgh would have easily recovered the fumble, although it wasnt a big deal because seattle didnt score after that play. instead the crappy punter boomed another one into the endzone, another miscue by seattle. *I take back my original view on the holding penalty. once haggans got by locklear, locklear reached back and grabbed haggans by the shoulder. that, by rule, is holding and was the right call. im glad it was called because it wasnt the only hold by seattle that game.*

we overcame some horrible calls and no calls in the indy game and still won. so quit your b*tching and moaning because you wouldnt be right now had you won.

with all that said, check this out seattle fans.. the sweet sight of victory.. from now on we will be referred to as the champions of super bowl 40. the hell with you haters and bitter seattle fans.. you can take our 5th ring and shove it up your a$$es. keep :D and drinking your starbucks coffee because it wont change a thing. your city and team are soft.

Edited by jjpro11

Apparently superbowl champions don't lose the total yards, turnover battle, and time of possesion battle either...except for one time, every 40 years.  :D  :D  :D  :D

1312471[/snapback]

maybe, but super bowl champions are the ones who make the game-changing plays, converts crucial 3rd downs 53% of the time, and hold their opponents to under 30% 3rd down conversions. you had 101 more passing yards than us, throwing the ball 49 times to our 22. we outrushed you guys 181-137 averaging 5.5 ypc. you only outgained us by 57 total yards even with 21 more total plays than us. dont act like the game was some kind of dominating game played by seattle that miraculously lost, because it wasnt.

super bowl champions do not give up 75 yard td runs. 

they do not allow a receiver to throw a 43 yard touchdown pass on the same trick play that had been shown earlier this year..  when you see the rb take the toss with a wr (randle el) flying down the other side ready to take the handoff, how can you not know whats coming?  when the other wr (ward) does not stay to block on the apparent toss play and instead bolts downfield, how can you not know what is coming?

they dont allow a 3rd and 28 conversion on a play with a throw from one side of the field to the other.

they shouldnt allow a team to successfully gain first downs when time is crucial and they know the play is a run.

they dont have tight ends drop/fumble 3 easy passes.

they dont miss 2 field goals, especially with a good kicker.

super bowl champions know how to run a 2 minute drill.  if they dont get it right the first time, they sure as hell do the second.  maybe your coach should have been a little bit more focused on how to manage a super bowl than worry what he is going to say to the refs.  he sure didnt look like that great coach he was made out to be all week.  sucks not having favre, huh?

pittsburgh played as bad as they have in a long time.  they gave seattle all the chances in the world to capitalize which they couldnt do. 

the officiating was not very good..  but when you stiff arm a safety right smack in front of the ref, 9/10 times its getting called..  he was reaching for the flag before hope complained, which he had the right to do because he had jackson covered before the stiff arm.  maybe a little bump and he would have gotten away with it, but he extended his arm straight out.  if it wasnt called then pittsburgh would have been complaining and not seattle. 

you could go either way with the ben td..  it all depends on your perception of where the ball is..  after pausing and zooming multiple times, i saw that his elbow of the arm with the ball was clearly across the plane, i just couldnt make out where the ball exactly was in his hand.  no matter what the call on the field was, that was not getting overturned in the booth..  it just so happens the ref thought he had crossed and gave it a td.

the hasselbeck tackle call was weak and shouldnt have been called..  on the other side you have the obvious block in the back on ben, fumble with stevens, and another block in the back on seattle's best punt return where the guy tackled a steeler defender from behind..  all of which werent called..  pittsburgh would have easily recovered the fumble, although it wasnt a big deal because seattle didnt score after that play.  instead the crappy punter boomed another one into the endzone, another miscue by seattle.  *I take back my original view on the holding penalty.  once haggans got by locklear, locklear reached back and grabbed haggans by the shoulder.  that, by rule, is holding and was the right call.  im glad it was called because it wasnt the only hold by seattle that game.*

we overcame some horrible calls and no calls in the indy game and still won.  so quit your b*tching and moaning because you wouldnt be right now had you won.

with all that said, check this out seattle fans..  the sweet sight of victory..  from now on we will be referred to as the champions of super bowl 40.  the hell with you haters and bitter seattle fans..  you can take our 5th ring and shove it up your a$$es.  keep  :D and drinking your starbucks coffee because it wont change a thing.  your city and team are soft.

1312318[/snapback]

EXACTLY!!!!

The Seahawks sucked worse than the Steelers did on Sunday. Neither team played a good game, but the Steelers made the big plays (and the Seahawks gave them up)!

Yes, there were bad calls, there always is, but a good team overcomes.... as witnessed in the Pitt-Indy game.

Sorry Seahawk fans, thanks for attending... :violin: I say keep your mouth shut and show up next year and prove something.

Better luck next year... I would love to see a rematch next Feb. in Miami :D

If you've been reading, Skippy & I are the only Steeler fans that admitted that the penalties definitely played a large part in the game.  It is a shame that they happened. 

1312201[/snapback]

I'm as pissed as anyone about the questionable calls made yesterday. Did they determine the outcome?....who knows. But this win would've been more enjoyable had they not been made.

Congrats to the Seahawks and their fans on a great year. I think Matt Hasslebeck proved to everyone yesterday what a great QB he is. I think you guys will get another chance.

Apparently the real world is every where outside of Pittsburgh...

Top 10 worst calls of NFL postseason:

#9. Darrell Jackson's offensive pass interference

Okay, maybe by the narrowest, most picayune interpretation of the rule, you could make an argument that D-Jack pushed off. But in the real world, on a broken route, when a smaller wide receiver is hand-fighting with a much bigger safety, this exchange does not constitute offensive pass interference. You got the sense from his hesitance that the back judge had already decided on the no-call, then changed his mind once he saw the result of the play. The call negated a great adjustment by Matt Hasselbeck, who put the ball where only Jackson could catch it. And is there anything more depressing than watching dubious calls wipe out great plays?

1312120[/snapback]

Hey guys, we Rams fans had to chew and swallow all the fricken grabbing we got against the Pats, which went uncalled and cost us the Superbowl. This shucks happens all the time. Every fan has oto deal with it, so let's move on, shall we?

Please?

Hey guys, we Rams fans had to chew and swallow all the fricken grabbing we got against the Pats, which went uncalled and cost us the Superbowl. This shucks happens all the time. Every fan has oto deal with it, so let's move on, shall we?

Please?

1313279[/snapback]

Scat newb, we get a 48 hour free pass after the fact.......and/or quit bumping stuff you don't want to see discussed. Especially since we DO need to move on.

BTW, I don't remember near the national outcry over the Rams/Pats game.

Menudo this is a new low.  You know just as well as I do that Roethlisberger turned his back and tried to flop.  Been watching too much Manu Ginobili and Vlade Divac.  Thats bad, man.

1314389[/snapback]

I've decided to stop arguing with Seahawk fans.... I understand your pain, but arguing with you guys is taking away from my joy and causing me pain. If that made sense. :D

30 minutes and counting... :D

1314565[/snapback]

Nope, I'm sticking to it this time. Sometimes I might be doing this :D but I'm through arguing and moving on with the enjoying. Congrats on your NFC Championship :D