[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Was it or wasn't it a push-off

Menudo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've decided to stop arguing with Seahawk fans....  :D

1314563[/snapback]

:D YOU EVER TRIED ARGUING WITH A STEELER FAN???

First of all I want you to know I am getting roasted in my hometown for "stealing" Seahawk fan illusions. I would feel a lot better about blaming the refs if the Hawks hadn't played one of their worst games of the year. That was as bad as I've seen Hasselbeck since week 1. By the second half he was throwing multiple prayers up the seam, which I haven't seen him do in years. yadayadayada....

--The Jackson PI call was legit. It doesn't get called all that often, but most people agree that it should be called more frequently. I didn't have a beef.

--Roethlisberger TD. Don't care, they're scoring anyways.

--Locklear and the punt return hold---borderline crappy holding calls. We see borderline crappy holding calls in every single NFL game, they're just a part of football. Why such a big deal now?

--Jackson pylon ruling--if the rule states he is in bounds if his foot hits the pylon, I would be absolutely nauseaus that play didn't get reviewed by the booth (you gotta give us that one)

--The one call I hold in a totally different realm is the Hasselbeck block. That is a BS, make-believe call. That ref could not have seen what he said he did. Most people don't know that Hasselbeck, by rule, isn't allowed to take the lead blocker out below the waist, hence the call. --Except they forgot that Matt Hasselbeck didn't attempt to do anything but get out of the blocker's freaking way!!! I still can't figure out how the ref convinces himself this is a penalty.

OK OK OK now to my point. When watching the game, on the block on Roethlisberger that this thread is questioning, you know as well as I do that you were looking downfield past Herndon to see where Big Ben was. You saw the angle he had, and the angle Fisher had. You then saw Big Ben turn his back to the hit and flop like Vlade.

I have not tried at any time to argue any of your valid points, but when you make up this crap, you lose all respect. You're better than that.

Edited by Seahawks21

:D YOU EVER TRIED ARGUING WITH A STEELER FAN???

First of all I want you to know I am getting roasted in my hometown for "stealing" Seahawk fan illusions.  I would feel a lot better about blaming the refs if the Hawks hadn't played one of their worst games of the year.  That was as bad as I've seen Hasselbeck since week 1.  By the second half he was throwing multiple prayers up the seam, which I haven't seen him do in years.  yadayadayada....

--The Jackson PI call was legit.  It doesn't get called all that often, but most people agree that it should be called more frequently.  I didn't have a beef.

--Roethlisberger TD.  Don't care, they're scoring anyways. 

--Locklear and the punt return hold---borderline crappy holding calls.  We see borderline crappy holding calls in every single NFL game, they're just a part of football. Why such a big deal now?

--Jackson pylon ruling--if the rule states he is in bounds if his foot hits the pylon, I would be absolutely nauseaus that play didn't get reviewed by the booth (you gotta give us that one)

--The one call I hold in a totally different realm is the Hasselbeck block.  That is a BS, make-believe call.  That ref could not have seen what he said he did.  Most people don't know that Hasselbeck, by rule, isn't allowed to take the lead blocker out below the knees, hence the call.  Except they forgot that Matt Hasselbeck didn't attempt to do anything but get out of the guys freaking way!!!  I still can't figure out how the guy justifies this in his head.

OK OK OK now to my point.  When watching the game, you know as well as I do that you were looking downfield past Herndon to see where Big Ben was.  You saw the angle he had, and the angle Fisher had.  You then saw Big Ben turn his back to the hit and flop like Vlade. 

I have not tried at any time to argue any of your valid points, but when you make up this crap, you lose all respect.  You're better than that.

1314662[/snapback]

:D Great post.

i think it was the right call. others in the game, i'm not so sure about. how about the one call seattle did get? where foote touched hass' jersey before he hit the ground and fumbled. i thought the way this game had been going that they were going to give it to the steelers too. i mean why ruin a totaly partisan steeler ref job. that was the only call that seemed to go seattles way.

Not that Seattle would have won had the call gone the other way but the call going the way it did was a fork. The game was over when that flag was thrown.

Booing Larry Brown was also classless.

Edit ---> the offensive holding call on the Stevens catch.

Edited by Clubfoothead