[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Roethlisber on Letterman

Skrappy1

Sorry...I know this has all been beat to death around here, just thought this was strange that he would admit this:

Roethlisberger admits: 'I don't think I got in'

Before David Letterman got to shave Ben Roethlisberger's beard Monday night, he got the Steelers' Super Bowl-winning quarterback to admit a little something that might rankle Seahawks fans even more.

Roethlisberger told Letterman that he didn't think he scored on a controversial play in the second quarter that put the Steelers ahead for good 7-3. Roethlisberger dove toward the end zone but didn't appear to get the ball to touch the goal line. But officials on the field signaled touchdown.

"I told Coach, 'I don't think I got in,'" Roethlisberger told Letterman. "But we were getting ready to go for it on fourth down anyway, and I would have run it again. So we would have found a way to get in."

The play infuriated Seahawks coach Mike Holmgren and has provided Seattle fans plenty of fodder for their fury over the game's questionable calls.

Referee Bill Leavy upheld the call after a replay review, and Holmgren then upbraided Leavy on his way off the field at halftime.

Holmgren walked over to Leavy, a fifth-year referee calling his first Super Bowl, and could be seen angrily telling him, "It wasn't even close."

Later on his Late Show appearance, the Pittsburgh quarterback got a shave from Letterman, finally ridding himself of the scraggly light brown facial hair he's been growing since the Steelers lost to Cincinnati in October.

"I was so mad that we lost the game," Roethlisberger told Letterman. "I kind of went into a depression and didn't shave and we ended up winning the next game. And I am kind of superstitious — just a little bit to people who know me — but we won that game and I said I am just going to keep it going until we lose and we kept it going.

"I don't really like the beard you know. But we were winning so I had to keep it going."

Letterman's deadpan reply, "Really? Honestly, I think it looks like a million bucks."

Roethlisberger became the youngest quarterback to win a Super Bowl, when the Steelers defeated the Seattle Seahawks 21-10 on Sunday night. He passed for 123 yards and ran for a touchdown.

"The worst part about winning the AFC championship game was that I had to keep (the beard) for two more weeks," he said. "I didn't want to do that."

After the interview, Letterman asked a woman from Pittsburgh who was in the audience to help him shave Roethlisberger.

"You want to take a little off?" Letterman asked the Steelers' fans.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5313884

Also sorry that I missed spelled Rothlisberger in the title. I really can spell. :D

Edited by Skrappy1

That was the 1 call that really don't matter. my only problem with it was that they started to call him down at the 1. it was not 1 of the main calls that hurt the SeaHawks though. it was some of the other 20 something calls that bother me.

Edit: I should add no calls to this also.

Edited by Doc Holliday

U guys should watch all the Steelers games from during the season. Trust me, they get the calls..... alll the darn time!!

It's funny how it happens, but it does. This was one special team that hardly ever had offensive holding, defensive pass interference, offsides/false-starts....etc.

I'm just glad the world has finally seen it. Man, I watched it all last season and this season. Steeler fans are some of the biggest bunch of blinded fatherless males that i've ever seen. If you meet an open, honest, and true NFL fan.... who roots for the Steelers, then you just struck gold.

Edited by scb175

BTW, that was some funny stuff last night on Letterman.  I don't think Big Ben was thinking they were gonna shave him.  The look on his face was priceless.  :D

1312020[/snapback]

Sure he did. If he hated that thing so much, why didn't he do it the first chance he got?

U guys should watch all the Steelers games from during the season.  Trust me, they get the calls..... alll the darn time!!

It's funny how it happens, but it does.  This was one special team that hardly ever had offensive holding, defensive pass interference, offsides/fall-starts....etc.

I'm just glad the world has finally seen it.  Man, I watched it all last season and this season.  Steeler fans are some of the biggest bunch of blinded fatherless males that i've ever seen.  If you meet an open, honest, and true NFL fan.... who roots for the Steelers, then you just struct gold.

1312055[/snapback]

They did not get the calls versus Indy. it may not have been as bad as the SB but the refs definately tried to rob Pitt in that game.

U guys should watch all the Steelers games from during the season.  Trust me, they get the calls..... alll the darn time!!

It's funny how it happens, but it does.  This was one special team that hardly ever had offensive holding, defensive pass interference, offsides/fall-starts....etc.

I'm just glad the world has finally seen it.  Man, I watched it all last season and this season.  Steeler fans are some of the biggest bunch of blinded fatherless males that i've ever seen.  If you meet an open, honest, and true NFL fan.... who roots for the Steelers, then you just struct gold.

1312055[/snapback]

You just gotta laugh at crap like this. :D

1312055[/snapback]

I'm gonna guess you're from Ohio. Am I correct?

I'm just glad the world has finally seen it.  Man, I watched it all last season and this season.  Steeler fans are some of the biggest bunch of blinded fatherless males that i've ever seen.  If you meet an open, honest, and true NFL fan.... who roots for the Steelers, then you just struck gold.

1312055[/snapback]

No one on this board watches football throughout the year. You are so lucky to have watched it all last season and this season.

I'm just glad the world has finally seen it.  Man, I watched it all last season and this season.  Steeler fans are some of the biggest bunch of blinded fatherless males that i've ever seen.  If you meet an open, honest, and true NFL fan.... who roots for the Steelers, then you just struck gold.

1312055[/snapback]

:D Thanks, I needed that !!!!

...  This was one special team that hardly ever had offensive holding, defensive pass interference, offsides/fall-starts....etc.

1312055[/snapback]

:D You know, come to think of it, I didn't see a single "fall start" call all year.

Hand me my tin foil hat, we got us a conspiracy.

1312055[/snapback]

if you watched us all year.. why the hell are you so darn mad at everything? you must be a disgruntled browns fan left with nothing better to do than root against the steelers each week.

Ok, we'll knock that TD off the score.  It's now 14-10, Steelers still win.

BTW, that was some funny stuff last night on Letterman.  I don't think Big Ben was thinking they were gonna shave him.  The look on his face was priceless.  :D

1312020[/snapback]

Whie you're at it add in the Darrel Jackson TD(bad call).

Seahwks 17 Steelers 14.

I'm impressed that Ben actually admitted that. He and Cowher both did say that they had already decided to go for it on 4th and 1/25th of an inch if they didn't give it to him.

Yeah, like I said, it is kind of surprising. It's kind of like if Tom Brady had come out and said, "I thought I fumbled" after the Oakland game in 2001.

1312374[/snapback]

I kind of felt bad for Ben on Sunday night. Of course he was elated with the win, but, you could also see that he knew he played a terrible game. He admitted as much, saying that he played poorly. In a way, I'm glad they were able to win with him having a poor game. He now has something to play for, he is going to want to get back there and have a better game. At least that is what I'm hoping for.

I kind of felt bad for Ben on Sunday night.  Of course he was elated with the win, but, you could also see that he knew he played a terrible game.  He admitted as much, saying that he played poorly.  In a way, I'm glad they were able to win with him having a poor game.  He now has something to play for, he is going to want to get back there and have a better game.  At least that is what I'm hoping for.

1312428[/snapback]

It's hard to feel too bad for him though...regardless of the circumstances invovled, his team did win, and he's now the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl. He's 28-4 or something like that in the NFL, including 5-1 in the playoffs. That's a pretty solid beginning of a career. He'll get over the fact that he didn't play that well Sunday.

It's hard to feel too bad for him though...regardless of the circumstances invovled, his team did win, and he's now the youngest QB to ever win a Super Bowl. He's 28-4 or something like that in the NFL, including 5-1 in the playoffs. That's a pretty solid beginning of a career. He'll get over the fact that he didn't play that well Sunday.

1312454[/snapback]

i love ben.. but i agree.. he is one lucky SOB. lol.

to this day im still amazed we were able to draft him. i keep thinking of that overtime game in baltimore on the last game of the season sunday night. if we had won that game, we would have picked behind the bills who would have taken ben ahead of us.. who knows where the steelers would be now, certainly not super bowl champs.

:D You know, come to think of it, I didn't see a single "fall start" call all year.

Hand me my tin foil hat, we got us a conspiracy.

1312245[/snapback]

You'll have to take off the wizard's cap to wear the tin foil hat!

:D ONLY ONE COOOL PIECE OF HEADGEAR AT A TIME. :D

I say the replay many times and it seems to me that the ball clearly broke the plane before he hit the ground.

1312373[/snapback]

I still see that tooo -- albeit barely and briefly -- and then his are with the ball gets pushed back as he floats to the ground ... but then again, I've wanted to see that for 26 years ... soooooo, where's CSI video analysis when you need it.

:D ZOOM IN!! ENHANCE THAT!! :D

Oh, forget it. :D

I'm gonna guess you're from Ohio. Am I correct?

1312066[/snapback]

:D HUGH contingent of Steeler fans in Ohio.....don't assume anything. :D

If you want to make that assumption.....say Cleveland or Cincy.

But in Columbus....it's fairly well split Browns/Bengals/Steelers....with about 10% routing for teams other than those 3.

No.  What was his reason?

1313342[/snapback]

Not sure why this is a big deal to you or anyone, but he just said he started growing it after the Indi game, much like hockey players do during the playoffs. He wanted to keep it through the playoffs. That is all.