[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kielbasa

Swampnuts

I enjoy making "Shish Kabobs"---Cut Chicken Breasts and Kielbasa in bite size chunks then refrigerate in a Italian dressing, basil, garlic and shot of Jack Daniels for 3 hours. Put if using wooden skewers in water .

If using steel don't bother with water. Next use whatever fresh veggies you like.(mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, onions, yellow or green squash, green, yellow or red peppers) cut into 1/2 to 1 inch squares. Remove meat from refer then start loading skewers-veggie-meat-veggie-meat-

Put on grill-baste with marinade--if your a BBQ fan you go for it--you can also broil in oven -make sure you put aluminum foil on the bottom of any pan your using if your using the oven broiler-clean-up could be a bitcj

A buddy of mine just brought me back a ring of kielbasa from a polish deli in NY. What's the best way to cook and serve this?

1312197[/snapback]

Smoked or Fresh? I live in a hugh Polish neighborhood with two deli's with the best kielbasa. I only like the smoked kind. We usually just boil it and serve with sauerkraut & brown mustard.

It was a smoked kielbasa, and I ended up simmering it in a deep skillet with a dark beer, butter, onions and water.  I do my brats the same way and it came out pretty good.  I had it with some fried potatoes and german mustard.

1321914[/snapback]

i was going to suggest this.... then grilling.