[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Johnson newest Bengal QB

Voltaire

My first reaction was ... what? I thought he was locked up in Minnesota.

As it turns out it, it's not Brad, it was that a$$clown that wrecked the Falcons season a few years back when Ron Mexico's alter ego got hurt.

Sorry Cincy fans, apparently he's not going to be the hawking peanuts in section 34B. Mike Brown is reverting to form. And with Jon Kitna a free agent, allow this Lions fan to welcome you back to the cellar unless Carson Palmer's knee rehabbing is a huge offseason success.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nf...rticleID=156316

Edited by Voltaire

This injury should make the Bengals very active in trying to sign Kitna.

1312540[/snapback]

I think Kitna will start somewhere next year, and I think he only resigns with the Bengels if he knows he will start.

I think that means he leaves, wish my Lions would go for him.

Edited by Doc Holliday

But....But....The Lions have Joey Harrington and Jeff Garcia!!!???

(Oh wait, now I see your point)

1312668[/snapback]

Well, we have Joey.

Garcia was brought in my Marriucci on a one year contract. His chance of being a Lion next year is even less than Owens chance of being an Eagle (because Owens at least is still under contract in Philly, whereas Garcia is an UFA)

Mike Brown is reverting to form. And with Jon Kitna a free agent, allow this Lions fan to welcome you back to the cellar unless Carson Palmer's knee rehabbing is a huge offseason success.

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/scorecard/nf...rticleID=156316

1312507[/snapback]

Boy, this is stupid.

The Bengals need 4 QBs for offseason/camp, that means at least 3 besides Palmer, maybe 4. Before this signing, they only have Krenzel for sure. Johnson was one body w/ some experience, it doesn't mean they aren't going after another QB. Kitna may be the prime target (should be, I guess). But since he wants to test the market, they are going to look elsewhere too.

"Mike Brown is back to form." - Did you just copy a post from 4 years ago? Those days are gone, dude. Speak about something you know about, like how bad the Lions are.

"....welcome you back to the cellar..." - Sorry, Charlie, wrong again. You think because they signed Johnson as one of two short-term QBs, they are going to go back to the being the worst team in the NFL? Like I said, pretty stupid.

The Bengals will only (IMO) chase a "short-term" solution, and not a "what-if-we-need-it" long-term solution, that would cost too much. If Palmer is out longer,t hey have to regroup anyway (if his career were to be over, its lights out anyway). But they aren't gonna sell the farm to to overpay for a QB who may only play a couple games (or not at all).

Boy, this is stupid.

The Bengals need 4 QBs for offseason/camp, that means at least 3 besides Palmer, maybe 4.  Before this signing, they only have Krenzel for sure.  Johnson was one body w/ some experience, it doesn't mean they aren't going after another QB.  Kitna may be the prime target (should be, I guess).  But since he wants to test the market, they are going to look elsewhere too.

"Mike Brown is back to form." - Did you just copy a post from 4 years ago?  Those days are gone, dude.  Speak about something you know about, like how bad the Lions are.

"....welcome you back to the cellar..." - Sorry, Charlie, wrong again.  You think because they signed Johnson as one of two short-term QBs, they are going to go back to the being the worst team in the NFL?  Like I said, pretty stupid. 

The Bengals will only (IMO) chase a "short-term" solution, and not a "what-if-we-need-it" long-term solution, that would cost too much.  If Palmer is out longer,t hey have to regroup anyway (if his career were to be over, its lights out anyway).  But they aren't gonna sell the farm to to overpay for a QB who may only play a couple games (or not at all).

1313346[/snapback]

Preach it, BM! :D

Isn't it sweet, tho? The Bengals are in people's heads for the first time in a couple of decades. Heck, I even saw Skip Bayless yesterday while I was at the gym predict the bengals to be one of the top six Super Bowl threats next year ... top 5 if TO goes to Denver to ruin that team.

Who dey (and no, you drunken Coward, you can't take that chant away from us ...)

I'm honestly hoping that Carson Palmer's knee is o.k., because I have a lot more respect for the Bengals organization than the Ravens and Browns and am looking forward to many great Steelers - Bengals battles in our near future.

P.S. Cowher isn't stealing your chant, he is simply mocking you guys, which

shows that yes, your team has arrived.

Edited by Menudo

I'm honestly hoping that Carson Palmer's knee is o.k., because I have a lot more respect for the Bengals organization than the Ravens and Browns and am looking forward to many great Steelers - Bengals battles in our near future.

P.S.  Cowher isn't stealing your chant, he is simply mocking you guys, which

shows that yes, your team has arrived.

1313420[/snapback]

That's cool, we dont respect your organization either :D

Just messin. :D

Boy, this is stupid.

The Bengals need 4 QBs for offseason/camp, that means at least 3 besides Palmer, maybe 4.  Before this signing, they only have Krenzel for sure.  Johnson was one body w/ some experience, it doesn't mean they aren't going after another QB.  Kitna may be the prime target (should be, I guess).  But since he wants to test the market, they are going to look elsewhere too.

"Mike Brown is back to form." - Did you just copy a post from 4 years ago?  Those days are gone, dude.  Speak about something you know about, like how bad the Lions are.

"....welcome you back to the cellar..." - Sorry, Charlie, wrong again.  You think because they signed Johnson as one of two short-term QBs, they are going to go back to the being the worst team in the NFL?  Like I said, pretty stupid. 

The Bengals will only (IMO) chase a "short-term" solution, and not a "what-if-we-need-it" long-term solution, that would cost too much.  If Palmer is out longer,t hey have to regroup anyway (if his career were to be over, its lights out anyway).  But they aren't gonna sell the farm to to overpay for a QB who may only play a couple games (or not at all).

1313346[/snapback]

I guess I didn't look at it that way. Makes more sense. My thinking was "this teams needs a proven backup QB in a big way and is who they get". Now that I think about it, Johnson is likely just training camp fodder since, like you say, they don't need a 4th QB but they can use a warm body. I would think he comes dirt cheap and the Bengals can still go after a real backup.

I still do think Mike Brown is a complete idiot though and awful for that franchise. He's taken enough abuse over the years though and the 2006 offseason isn't exactly the best time to b*tch about him.

That's cool, we dont respect your organization either  :D

Just messin.  :D

1313500[/snapback]

Sorry..... I don't have to tell you how the Ravens and Steelers feel about each other. You on the other hand seem to cool to be a Ravens fan, maybe it is time to come on over from the darkside..... :D

I still do think Mike Brown can come across as a complete idiot though and was awful for that franchise. He's taken enough abuse over the years though and the 2006 offseason isn't exactly the best time to b*tch about him.

1313510[/snapback]

fixed.

It took him WAAAAY to long to finally 'get it', but I think he finally has. He, to his credit, has never stepped into the spotlight to try and claim any credit for success now that it's here. To me, for all the abuse he has taken, much but not all of it justified, that is impressive.

Sorry..... I don't have to tell you how the Ravens and Steelers feel about each other.  You on the other hand seem to cool to be a Ravens fan, maybe it is time to come on over from the darkside.....  :D

1313521[/snapback]

Come over from the dark side? You mean you're going to stop rooting for the Steelers? :D

Glad to see we're getting along now, especially after the rocky start. Maybe you will congratulate me the next time the Ravens win a SB, say somewhere around 2035 :D

Come over from the dark side? You mean you're going to stop rooting for the Steelers?  :D

Glad to see we're getting along now, especially after the rocky start. Maybe you will congratulate me the next time the Ravens win a SB, say somewhere around 2035  :D

1313535[/snapback]

Hey Gdawg, the Super Bowl in 2035 is OURS....Dont you remember we already decided it would us and you?

And we dont lose Super Bowls!! :D

Edited by NinersIn2006!

fixed.

It took him WAAAAY to long to finally 'get it', but I think he finally has.  He, to his credit, has never stepped into the spotlight to try and claim any credit for success now that it's here.  To me, for all the abuse he has taken, much but not all of it justified, that is impressive.

1313522[/snapback]

How popular is this sentiment in Cincy? Is he mostly forgiven?

Hey Gdawg, the Super Bowl in 2035 is OURS....Dont you remember we already decided it would us and you? 

And we dont lose Super Bowls!!  :D

1313543[/snapback]

Funny Niners, once I finished typing my previous post I noticed you were logged in :D

That's right baby, 2035...Clash of the Titans :D

Forgiven - partly

Forgotten - mostly

1313595[/snapback]

Well, and I think there's still some legit question in people's minds about how much he's actually running the team now. And I don't mean Marvin ... I mean his daughter, Katie. I have no idea of the truth of it, but I still hear the rumor that Marvin was Katie's choice, while Tom Coughlin was Mike's choice. Katie won, it's proved to have been the right decision, and he's just stayed out of it since ...

If for no other reason, I think Bengals fans will always hate Mike for Dave Shula, among other things. There was just no excuse for many of his decisions except to maximize profit at the expense of fielding a real pro football team. Which fits with his personality, since he's a multi-millionaire lawyer who drives a 15-year-old Volvo and thinks air conditioning is a waste of money.

Shame it took him so long to learn that winning brings you money, too ...

Forgiven - partly

Forgotten - mostly

1313595[/snapback]

Forgiven - as Misfit implied, only because he gave us Katie who I think has a better idea of which way the wind is blowing.

Forgotten - NEVER!!!!!!!!! The bastage.