[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doug Johnson newest Bengal QB

Voltaire

kitna needs to go.  he's a great person, but not a great quarterback.  his time has passed the team is limited with him on the field.  if carson can't go, we need another option, and i don't believe it is doug johnson.

1314205[/snapback]

Tonorator - I'm sure you would know more than I, but I'm surprised that you feel this way. Kitna seems to be one of the better backups around. I know he played poorly in the 2nd half of the Steeler game, but he impressed the hell out of me in the 1st half. Everyone would love to have two starter-level QB's, but I just always thought the Bengals were lucky to have someone as good as Kitna as their backup. Like I said though, this could be based on what I saw from him two years ago, and maybe he has gone downhill.

Tonorator - I'm sure you would know more than I, but I'm surprised that you feel this way.  Kitna seems to be one of the better backups around.  I know he played poorly in the 2nd half of the Steeler game, but he impressed the hell out of me in the 1st half.  Everyone would love to have two starter-level QB's, but I just always thought the Bengals were lucky to have someone as good as Kitna as their backup.  Like I said though, this could be based on what I saw from him two years ago, and maybe he has gone downhill.

1314525[/snapback]

you saw the real kitna in the 2nd half. guy won't make a pass unless it is an absolute sure thing, and he won't throw the ball away. as a result, he runs around doing nothing until he is sacked. he has no arm strength to zip the ball or to go deep. he can execute the plays if everything goes as planned, but once a play breaks down, he can't make plays - which is a strength of big ben, if you ask me.

as a backup, i have no issue, but if carson can't go or is done, we need to get on with the next QB of the future vs. trying to win with kitna. it won't happen.