[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pittsburgh Steelers - Super Bowl Champions

Menudo

Just got finished watching the Steelers parade. Went out and bought myself the championship t-shirt, hat, & flag. Got any extra flag to put in my Dad's grave mixed in with some yeallow & black flowers and a poem that the young, yet wise Seminoles sent to me. That is probably only the beginning of my spending, who knows when or if this will happen again.

I completely understand the Seahawks fans frustration, and I do realize that some will never give the Steelers credit for their victory in this Super Bowl, but, in my estimation, despite what wasn't their best effort, they made the big plays necessary to get the win and they got it done. The officiating was poor, but, we will never know if it would have made a difference. I am so happy for the Rooney's, Cowher, Bettis, and the rest of this team. They have been close so many times, and to do it in the way that they did as the #6 seed is something that I'll never forget. So, continue on with the debates, telling of how it was tarnished, etc, but I'm over it, and as this sinks in more and more, I'm proud to be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers !!!!!

Now, I need to start to weane myself off of this place, as I have become a little too addicted......

:D

Steelers :D

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I drove my kid and four of his friends down the rally today. They had a blast. He was near the point but didn't get to hear them speak. He said that Troy Polamula jumped off his car into the crowd like it was a mosh pit. He said that a few others did it and as far as he could tell they were all players from the secondary. He only took one picture with his camera phone since he said it was a crappy pic. (It is but maybe it would look better on the computer) However, he said that his friends took more pics so if they have any decent ones I will try to open a photobucket account or something and share.

Overall, they had a great time and there were a gazzillion people down there. Cars were strewn all over West Carson St. parked any where they could get out of the way of traffic. Many were on hill sides and I even saw a bunch of clowns parked on the RR tracks. People walking around everwhere in their black and gold swinging away all the terrible towels.

One thing that I think sucked, as far as I could tell, is that all the local politicians that were on the stage with the Steelers. :D

Geez, how many freakin' SB titles do you greedy Pennsylvania bastages need?

(of course, lumping all Pennsylvania together, one could figure that Pitt is just pickin' up the Eagles' slack....)

Steeler fans will go on and on about how they won.... because they know it's pretty tainted. I'm not trying to rain on the parade, so to speak, but it will always be the "terrible towel" Super Bowl.

1312631[/snapback]

Yeah, 250,000 people flooded the streets of Pittsburgh to celebrate a "tainted super bowl" Nobody in Pittsburgh gives a rats ass what the seahawks or anyone else thinks, the Steelers are the champs period

Yeah, 250,000 people flooded the streets of Pittsburgh to celebrate a "tainted super bowl" Nobody in Pittsburgh gives a rats ass what the seahawks or anyone else thinks, the Steelers are the champs period

1312671[/snapback]

If that were true, the Steeler fans would not be off searching for links to statements made by retuired players and the like to justify it..... you post proves my point. This will forever be the "Tainted Super Bowl".

If that were true, the Steeler fans would not be off searching for links to statements made by retuired players and the like to justify it..... you post proves my point. This will forever be the "Tainted Super Bowl".

1312720[/snapback]

There is a weird irony about this thing. As a diehard Seahawk fan, I'm starting to get back to reality, realizing this was a BIG game, but still....just a game. Heck the sun came up the last two days.

Some Steeler fans seem to be getting increasingly more worked up, pissed off, and obsessed with the "respect" factor, that the overwhelming majority of football fans refuse to give.

One thing is for sure, as a football fan, it would be nice to see the NFL do something....something.....anything to minimize their officiating problems. No football fan (Steeler,Seahawk.....whoever) deserves the crap we've seen this year through the playoffs and in the Superbowl. Unfortunately, the preliminary comments from the NFL ("Overall it (sic the Superbowl) was a well-officiated game. There's no question about it."); regarding the officiating last Sunday; don't represent a whole lot of promise for those who are worried bout aforementioned problem.

Edited by bushwacked

It was a great day to be a Steeler fan!  Estimates are that 250,000 people attended the parade.  I am lucky enough to say that I was one of them.

The funniest line of the day goes to coach Cowher introducing Joey Porter as 'the softest linebacker in the NFL'.

1312542[/snapback]

Cowher's a smart man because Mr. Porter certainly played "soft" in the Super Bowl! :D

I completely understand the Seahawks fans frustration, and I do realize that some will never give the Steelers credit for their victory in this Super Bowl, but, in my estimation, despite what wasn't their best effort, they made the big plays necessary to get the win and they got it done.  The officiating was poor, but, we will never know if it would have made a difference.  I am so happy for the Rooney's, Cowher, Bettis, and the rest of this team.  They have been close so many times, and to do it in the way that they did as the #6 seed is something that I'll never forget.  So, continue on with the debates, telling of how it was tarnished, etc, but I'm over it, and as this sinks in more and more, I'm proud to be a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers !!!!!

1312518[/snapback]

Congrats to all Steeler fans :D

They should have that mamas boy Porter in the tub. God he is a moron, and Walt Jones treated him like his little girlie the whole game. Pancaked that psycho a few times......

1313541[/snapback]

Yes, I wish he had stepped up like Jerramy Stevens did..... :D

Porter didn't have much impact though, and is far from being my favorite Steeler player. He is actually the only Steeler who opens his mouth and fails to exhibit class at times.

1312720[/snapback]

I don't get this logic at all. I'm no Steelers fan, but certainly understand why they might want to post outside links when the pile on is so large here. Let's face it, the disppointed Seahawks fans are whining pretty loudly here....

I don't get this logic at all. I'm no Steelers fan, but certainly understand why they might want to post outside links when the pile on is so large here. Let's face it, the disppointed Seahawks fans are whining pretty loudly here....

1313858[/snapback]

This obviously doesn't go out to everyone, but, to a few, the rules seem to be:

1. We Steeler fans can't defend ourselves from the pile-on

2. We Steeler fans can't celebrate the victory because it shouldn't count

3. Only questionable calls against the Seahawks are allowed. Bringing up any

questionable calls against the Steelers is uncalled for.

4. We are told to let it go, but Seahawk fans are allowed to continue on and on

forever.

5. Seahawk fans and Steeler Haters can make avatars with yellow and black

striped officials, blind refs, etc., but posting a logo of a Seahawk baby crying,

or Holmgren in a tub is tasteless.

Edited by Menudo

Why the face? What did I say that was untrue?

1313874[/snapback]

I was just shocked to hear someone say what you said.....

P.S. I added to my post. :D