[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After two seasons....

Duchess Jack

I thought that he would tear things up last year - especially when Vitt took over.

He did for a little bit but he disappeared more often than not.

Was this more an issue of injuries and teams keying in on the run - or is the kid just not as good as advertised.

When I think of him, I still just think - potential.

He has the potential to be phenomenal, but, he just hasn't broken away to Stud status yet. I don't watch enough of the Rams games to know who to blame. Having all of the skills doesn't always equate to becoming a great back. I still like him to have a monster year one of these years, guessing when it will happen is the difficult part.

I think we are all beginning to understand why he and Kevin Jones fell so far in that draft.  Obviously the Cowboys knew they could trade down and not be missing much.

1313990[/snapback]

Perhaps but I don't think either have gotten a fair shot yet.

I think we are all beginning to understand why he and Kevin Jones fell so far in that draft.  Obviously the Cowboys knew they could trade down and not be missing much.

1313990[/snapback]

Agreed. I remember ripping Parcells for this, but, even though Julius hasn't been consistent, it does appear moving down was the right thing to do.

SJax and the Jones Boys. 

As of now - it seems to be the draft of pigtale wearing RBs...

Chris Brown and the pre 'Big Boy Pants' Larry Johnson were drafted the year prior, yes?

1314056[/snapback]

Bengals took Chris Perry w/ #26. They gave Rams SJax at #24 w/ this trade, but got a 4th rounder. One 4th rounder starts at DE (Robert Geathers) one is still a project (Mathias Askew), can't remember which one was the extra pick.

Had Perry not had 2 sports hernias last year (and they perhaps let Rudi go after last year), I wonder if we'd be saying he was the best back of this group this year. Maybe not, but I'm glad Bengals have him as a 3rd down back. He's explosive.

SJax has shown flashes, and I still think he could be a very good back.

Streaky-incosistent-fragile. 3rd tier until he can prove something getting 200+ carries. Coaching change means high-risk/high reward potential, but probably still better gambles out there at the same - or later - rounds.

I'll pass. Another Barlow? or DDavis?

was very high on jackson in the preseason, but he was a hugh disappointment this year. imo, he's too big, runs too upright and lacks break out speed/moves. i thought in the open ram offense, he would have a massive year running straight ahead and using his size to break tackles. turns out that he's too fragile and too easy to bring down. not sure what the rams are planning for with him in the future, but he's not the answer for their running game.

In a regular re-draft league or a keeper league?

1314216[/snapback]

Keeper - performance.

I am just wondering how bad an option people see him as.

Is he worse than Chris Brown, Ronnie Brown or Dominic Davis (assuming that Hou does not pick up a back)

No particular order:

Alexander

LJohnson

Tomlinson

Westbrook

RJohnson

PHolmes (if he doesn't retire)

Parker

EJames

CMartin

TBarber

McAllister (if he comes back healthy)

JJones

CWilliams

and several others. Not even sure if he is top 20.

I will not be taking Jackson this year that's for sure.

Edit because of post above.... re-draft. In a keeper I would have already traded him away.

Edited by skylive5

I like him and still think he will do just fine. Big year next year!

1314328[/snapback]

He needs to. He has shown flashes but next season needs to show what he can do. Last year it was still Martz's system.

was very high on jackson in the preseason, but he was a hugh disappointment this year.  imo, he's too big, runs too upright and lacks break out speed/moves.  i thought in the open ram offense, he would have a massive year running straight ahead and using his size to break tackles.  turns out that he's too fragile and too easy to bring down.  not sure what the rams are planning for with him in the future, but he's not the answer for their running game.

1314133[/snapback]

I don't think he was given a good shot to succeed in that offense. Only three times did Jackson have 20 or more carries. Two of those times he rushed for over 100 yards, including a 179 yard effort against a stout Jacksonville defense. He missed the last game of the year, but I think that was due to the fact that the Rams weren't going anywhere and there was no point for him to play.

No particular order:

Alexander --Absolutely

LJohnson --Absolutely

Tomlinson --Absolutely

Westbrook --Great back, I'll buy it.

RJohnson -- Nice big back, I think they could be a wash.

PHolmes (if he doesn't retire) --If he doesn't get traded, he's done.

Parker --Just not sold on him.

EJames--I don't care where he ends up, I agree.

CMartin --Love him, but he's absolutely done.

TBarber --Agree

McAllister (if he comes back healthy)--He won't be right for a while-Always hurt.

JJones--Always hurt, might not even be the starter next year, or RBBC

CWilliams--Love this kid, agree.

and several others. Not even sure if he is top 20.

1314242[/snapback]

I don't mean this to criticize your opinion at all, and no one is "right". This is just my opinion of the some of the guys you mentioned. I'm not saying Jackson is going to be a top 10 back next year, but in my performance league this year he was #9 and that was with him missing the last game. I think he can be a top ten back in the right system. I think the new HC will use his talents a little bit more effectively than did Martz.

I think he can be very productive in a good offense, which he has in St Louis, however he seems "soft" to me. Always leaving the game early to get some aliment treated or looked at. Until he proves he can stay on the field for a full 60 minutes every week, i say hes an OK #2 fantasy back at best. If he was tough as nails, hed be an OK #1 back or a great #2 back. As far as skills go, hes your average RB with above average recieving skills. He can make plays, but needs to be more consistant.

With Mike Martz gone maybe he will improve.

1314016[/snapback]

Being a Rams "follower" and having watched every preseason and regular season game of him for the last two years...this is dead on in my opinion. Needs to show a lot more toughness to be a #1.

The jury is still out on him in my opinion. I do sense the 'softness' talked about by some already, but I also feel that he may have not been given a fair opportunity to prove himself.

I certainly do not see him as a guy that can carry the load (25-30 carries a game), and I have serious doubts he will ever be that guy. That being said, I think he could realize much more potential with a coach that knows how to properly utilize his skills. (And believes in running the ball more than 10 times a game)

Nothing but question marks in my eyes. I'm not ready to label the guy a bust, but I'm not exactly defending him either.

Jackson seems to lack the vision of the good backs IMO. that being said I don't think this year he had the chance to prove himself. the offensive line is not what it used to be. I expect him to bounce back next year as Faulk should not eat into his production.

Another thing as has already been posted is he runs upright, RB's like that are often injured (ala Chris Brown).

I thought that he would tear things up last year - especially when Vitt took over. 

He did for a little bit but he disappeared more often than not. 

Was this more an issue of injuries and teams keying in on the run - or is the kid just not as good as advertised.

1313965[/snapback]

If you had to defend the Rams, with an injured Isaac Bruce, an Injured Tory Holt, and Jamie martin or some rookie from Hahvahd slinging the pig skin, how many DBs would you leave back?

10 men in the box is a little tough to run on :D