[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

After two seasons....

Duchess Jack

I wasn't too excited about him before the last season started. With my low expectations he acutally performed a little bit better than I expected. His obstacles last year included a pass happy coach for the first 1/2 of the season and then a porous defense resulting in an offense that allmost always seemed to resort to shoot out mode in an attempt to be competitive.

Jackson seems to lack the vision of the good backs IMO. that being said I don't think this year he had the chance to prove himself. the offensive line is not what it used to be. I expect him to bounce back next year as Faulk should not eat into his production.

1314805[/snapback]

I don't think he lacks the vision, he has shown flashes of good patient running skills, just not consistently. I think maybe the lack of carries and the Rams playing from behind so much had everybody on the offense pressing. That, and the fact that their front office has been a shambles (thus, the team) makes it hard to really evaluate Jackson fairly.

I think someone already mentioned it but I think the porous defense had a lot to do with Jackson's lack of production. I didn't get the chance to watch much of the Rams this year but it seamed they were playing catch up most of the game. With Bulger out, Holt banged up most of the year, Bruce being out, not a great O-line....I think there was too much going against him to really rate how good a RB he is/can be. From what I've seen of him, I think he has the tools (speed, vision, strength) to be a decent RB. He needs to prove he can stay healthy though. He's an upright runner which leads to too many big hits IMO. Maybe this is why Chris Brown is always hurt too?

Maybe we could trade Randle El for him? The last Lamb back we got worked out pretty well. :D

1314894[/snapback]

We? Are you a Rams fan?

Yes that Bettis charcter did work out pretty well didn't he? :D

I remember Chuck Knox asking him if he could be an every down back before the draft. At Notre Dame he was a fullback.

Behind that line he could be awfully good, Offer Fast Willie for him or an O lineman.

At times this year he was dominant when he got good blocking.

I think someone already mentioned it but I think the porous defense had a lot to do with Jackson's lack of production.  I didn't get the chance to watch much of the Rams this year but it seamed they were playing catch up most of the game.  With Bulger out, Holt banged up most of the year, Bruce being out, not a great O-line....I think there was too much going against him to really rate how good a RB he is/can be.  From what I've seen of him, I think he has the tools (speed, vision, strength) to be a decent RB.  He needs to prove he can stay healthy though.  He's an upright runner which leads to too many big hits IMO.  Maybe this is why Chris Brown is always hurt too?

1315188[/snapback]

+1

Hard to be a good back when everything else around hugh is in such rough shape. He's a risk with upside player - mid 3rd rounder IMO.

We? Are you a Rams fan?

Yes that Bettis charcter did work out pretty well didn't he?  :D

I remember Chuck Knox asking him if he could be an every down back before the draft. At Notre Dame he was a fullback.

Behind that line he could be awfully good, Offer Fast Willie for him or an O lineman.

At times this year he was dominant when he got good blocking.

1315191[/snapback]

Just for clarification, are we agreeing on something?