[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Edge in Arizona?

Swampnuts

:D  Are you sure?  It's not like opponents could stack eight or nine in the box every time.

1319907[/snapback]

Agree. With those two WR's, and some help on the o-line, James could put up some really nice numbers. Could be a nice fit. Especially since he would be running against SF, StL, and Seattle, twice each year.

However... whatever happened to him wanting to play in FL? Would seem to me that if he doesn't re-up with Indy he would sign with Mia or someone close. Did all that go by the wayside and he no longer cares about playing there?

And of course, according to Huddlers, he is way too old to be getting a long term contract. :D So wouldn't that limit teams that would take him?

Think he stays in Indy. He will get 7mil a year and be happy with it.

However... whatever happened to him wanting to play in FL? Would seem to me that if he doesn't re-up with Indy he would sign with Mia or someone close. Did all that go by the wayside and he no longer cares about playing there?

1319926[/snapback]

Edge has never said he wants to play for a Florida team. He lives in Miami and is from Immokalee (sp?) and there have always been rumors, mostly by LeBetard, that he wanted to play for the Dolphins. Edge will go where the money is. This is his last big contract.

Think he stays in Indy. He will get 7mil a year and be happy with it.

1319926[/snapback]

I highly doubt it.

Arizona is where football careers go to die.

1320013[/snapback]

I think he spent the money on Boldin extension to "show" he was serious about building a "winner" heading into the new stadium. New stadiums attract fans, no matter how crappy the team is. He hasn't changed. He's still cheap. I'd be floored if he ponied up for SA or Edge.

since when has he been concerned with filling a stadium? :D

1320008[/snapback]

I agree he's a cheap bassturd, or at least has been to date, but I'm saying that the outlay for Edge could be equalled by the increased season ticket, gameday ticket and associated concession sales in the new stadium over the course of a season. Thus the outlay could be an investment with a clear return. Certainly a part of the cost would be returned because AZ with Edge are going to put more butts on seats than they otherwise would.

I agree he's a cheap bassturd, or at least has been to date, but I'm saying that the outlay for Edge could be equalled by the increased season ticket, gameday ticket and associated concession sales in the new stadium over the course of a season.  Thus the outlay could be an investment with a clear return.  Certainly a part of the cost would be returned because AZ with Edge are going to put more butts on seats than they otherwise would.

1320048[/snapback]

Yeah, I see what you are saying, but I don't think he will see it that way. He'll see the fact Edge wants a 5 or 6 year deal with a $15 millions signing bonus, and not even bother. That's a lot of soda. Plus, like I said, with a new stadium, I think the people come anyway. Until they see it's the same crappy team in a new building.

:D  Are you sure?  It's not like opponents could stack eight or nine in the box every time.

1319907[/snapback]

Arizona was dead-last in most rushing categories last season. That includes TOTALS of 1138 yds (3.16 avg) and 2 TDs. Edge is obviously a more talented back than Shipp and Arrington, but those two aren't THAT bad.

If Edge does go to ARI (which I think is unlikely) and major changes aren't made to that line, his fantasy value will significantly decrease.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Arizona was dead-last in most rushing categories last season.  That includes TOTALS of 1138 yds (3.16 avg) and 2 TDs.  Edge is obviously a more talented back than Shipp and Arrington, but those two aren't THAT bad.

If Edge does go to ARI (which I think is unlikely) and major changes aren't made to that line, his fantasy value will significantly decrease.

1320100[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Arizona's offensive line is piss poor.

1319926[/snapback]

Arizona is the new Florida......

Arizona is where football careers go to die.

1320013[/snapback]

Your damm skippy.....

Imagine the field day a QB would have with all this at his disposal...2 all pro- WR's and an all-pro RB...then if they signed Hutchinson for the OL...this team could possibly steal the division in 2 years....maybe 1..

1320370[/snapback]

No chance in hell that Seattle lets Hutch go to a division rival. They'll franchise him first.

Arizona was dead-last in most rushing categories last season.  That includes TOTALS of 1138 yds (3.16 avg) and 2 TDs.  Edge is obviously a more talented back than Shipp and Arrington, but those two aren't THAT bad.

1320100[/snapback]

im not sure...look what tiki has done the past 3 years with a horrible o-line