[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone up for a dynasty league

Raider.Nation

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So how exactly will this work?

You have to draft a minimum amount of players from your designated team? What if they keep getting picked before you get a chance to take them yourself and you don't get the minimum?

With IDP I see how its a litle easier to get your guys.

Team QBs or Individual QBs?

Bye week points would carry over?

So how exactly will this work?

You have to draft a minimum amount of players from your designated team?  What if they keep getting picked before you get a chance to take them yourself and you don't get the minimum?

With IDP I see how its a litle easier to get your guys.

Team QBs or Individual QBs?

Bye week points would carry over?

1323973[/snapback]

Those are great questions. I could see problems on the horizon if this isn't addressed. Maybe, you get to pick 6 guys from your team prior to the draft? Not sure if that would really help though.

Those are great questions.  I could see problems on the horizon if this isn't addressed.  Maybe, you get to pick 6 guys from your team prior to the draft?  Not sure if that would really help though.

1324016[/snapback]

Problem if you have a loaded team, that could be an unfair advantage. We should weigh it based on Huddle pre-season draft rankings. Everyone choose 1 top tier (from thier team first, if no one fron their team is top tier, then they can pick any available). Then 3 from second tier (Same rules apply--or could get a top tier if any are left), and two from third.

After the first six are picked, standard drafting ensues.

Would that work?

Problem if you have a loaded team, that could be an unfair advantage. We should weigh it based on Huddle pre-season draft rankings. Everyone choose 1 top tier (from thier team first, if no one fron their team is top tier, then they can pick any available). Then 3 from second tier (Same rules apply--or could get a top tier if any are left), and two from third.

Would that work?

1324079[/snapback]

I like that rule, but since I am a Lion fan I am going to like it. I think proposals like this should be voted on once we get all the teams if we would want it to be a fair rule for everyone. those teams in the middle will be giving the fairest votes.

Would that work?

1324079[/snapback]

I like that rule, but since I am a Lion fan I am going to like it. I think proposals like this should be voted on once we get all the teams if we would want it to be a fair rule for everyone. those teams in the middle will be giving the fairest votes.

1324115[/snapback]

I think that rule could work. If I'm understanding this correctly, since I own the Cowboys and they have no Top Tier players, I would be free to select any top Tier player as long as that player's team is not represented in the league. In this case, since KC and SD are vacant I could select LJ or LT2.

Would the same rule apply to offense and defense players? For example, if DeMarcus Ware or Roy Williams are ranked as top Tier defensive players, would I have to use my top tier selection on one of them versus getting a stud RB?

I think that rule could work.  If I'm understanding this correctly, since I own the Cowboys and they have no Top Tier players, I would be free to select any top Tier player as long as that player's team is not represented in the league.  In this case, since KC  and SD are vacant I could select LJ or LT2.

1324136[/snapback]

I don't think this will be the case since all 32 teams will be taken.

Maybe more like the guy with SD gets Gates or LT. The 49ers owner gets the leftovers?

I don't think this will be the case since all 32 teams will be taken. 

Maybe more like the guy with SD gets Gates or LT.  The 49ers owner gets the leftovers?

1324152[/snapback]

Well, if there are 5 top people in each of the 4 positions (not counting IDP or DEF/ST & K), then there simply aren't enough of tier one players to go around.

I had envisioned folks without top tier talent being able to "steal" a loaded team's talent (example SD with LT and Gates, Peyton and Harrison, etc.). But there are serious holes in this theory if there aren't enough players to go around.

I was hoping we would do all 32 teams.

1324764[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing, but do you think we will be able to fill all 32 teams. It may be hard to find owners for some of the teams (ie: Houston, Cleveland, etc.)