[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone up for a dynasty league

Raider.Nation

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see us get owners for every team too but am not sure how much I like pre-draft designating of the players.

The SD, SEA and KC teams get a massive advantage along with some others. I took GB because they are one of my two favourite teams but it is very difficult for me to think that I can field a competitive team of 6 pre-selected Packers

I would like to see us get owners for every team too but am not sure how much I like pre-draft designating of the players.

The SD, SEA and KC teams get a massive advantage along with some others.  I took GB because they are one of my two favourite teams but it is very difficult for me to think that I can field a competitive team of 6 pre-selected Packers

1325375[/snapback]

Agreed. Perhaps we could come up with some type of weighted system?

...cant we just draft like we normally would and it's up to each team to make sure they have 6 homies on their team...that way everyone will have an equal advantage in the draft. At the end of the draft if a team does not have the correct amount of homies then a penality of some sort could be leveled...or perhaps they would have to drop players until they had the correct number....or perhaps certain rounds would be designated as Homie drafts "only", like lets say, later rounds 4,8,12,16,20,24. Still everyone would be on equal footing through round 4. Just a thought.

Edited by devilwoman

...cant we just draft like we normally would and it's up to each team to make sure they have 6 homies on their team...that way everyone will have an equal advantage in the draft.  At the end of the draft if a team does not have the correct amount of homies then a penality of some sort could be leveled...or perhaps they would have to drop players until they had the correct number

1325547[/snapback]

I like this idea. Maybe we could let each team select one homer player before the draft and then it is up to the team to draft the remaining 5 homer players to meet the minimum.

Also, I'm not sure if it has been brought up or not, but bye weeks are going to be very difficult with 32 teams. Especially for Quarterbacks and Kickers. We will need to come up with a plan on how to deal with this.

The SD, SEA and KC teams get a massive advantage along with some others.  I took GB because they are one of my two favourite teams but it is very difficult for me to think that I can field a competitive team of 6 pre-selected Packers

1325375[/snapback]

What? With GADO on your team? The prize is in the bag. :D

I like this idea.  Maybe we could let each team select one homer player before the draft and then it is up to the team to draft the remaining 5 homer players to meet the minimum. 

Also, I'm not sure if it has been brought up or not, but bye weeks are going to be very difficult with 32 teams.  Especially for Quarterbacks and Kickers.  We will need to come up with a plan on how to deal with this.

1325588[/snapback]

I agree. Maybe each owner should be allowed to "franchise" one player from his homer team. Then the remainder of the draft is handled as normal, but the owner must still end up with a total of six homers on the squad or as devilwoman said be subject to a penalty.

here's an idea

round 1 : homer round (must pick a homer)

round 2 : regular round

round 3: homer round

round 4: regular round

round 5: homer round

round 6: regular round

round 7: homer round

round 8-40: regular round (must pick at least 4 more homers.)

must keep at least 8 homer players on team at all times.

draft order : reverse NFL draft order in homer rounds (so the bad teams see who the good teams are taking (and who will still be there in round 2)

in round 2: average of nfl draft order and rank of first round homer stud in avg points per game in 2005 (the better the player, the later you draft)

round 4: reverse order of round two (continue to switch each normal round for usual serpentine round)

It wont accept the password for Arizona?  We should be able to find homers for all teams I believe.  Hell I took the Cards really quick. :D

1325365[/snapback]

My Chiefs password won't work either...

AND if SA goes to the Cards, you have Boldin, Fitz, SA solid with

Warner, and even Rackers for crying out loud. You is lookin good. :D

I like this idea.  Maybe we could let each team select one homer player before the draft and then it is up to the team to draft the remaining 5 homer players to meet the minimum. 

Also, I'm not sure if it has been brought up or not, but bye weeks are going to be very difficult with 32 teams.  Especially for Quarterbacks and Kickers.  We will need to come up with a plan on how to deal with this.

1325588[/snapback]

The bye week that is a tough one :D would it work if we made sure in the scheduling that during that 13 week schedule each team had a bye, that way everyone would then only be playing really 12 games...does that seem plausable? or you just have to suck it up and play whatcha got minus a QB for that teams regular season bye. It's gonna effect everyone anyway...you are just gonna have to keep that in mind when you draft. :D

I can co-commish, but during the season, I won't have a ton of time for league management. We should have several commishes.

As for bye weeks, we could use the 32 homers method of giving each team their homer team's bye, and carrying over qb points from the weeks previous if your qb is not your homer qb.

I can co-commish, but during the season, I won't have a ton of time for league management. We should have several commishes.

As for bye weeks, we could use the 32 homers method of giving each team their homer team's bye, and carrying over qb points from the weeks previous if your qb is not your homer qb.

1325861[/snapback]

:D not sure I follow that last part about carring over points?? Can you give an example of what that might look like?

:D not sure I follow that last part about carring over points??  Can you give an example of what that might look like?

1325872[/snapback]

I think he is talking about the method that the 32 homers league uses for bye weeks. If your QB is on bye you will get the average of his previous 3 weeks scoring. If your QB is on bye week 4 and in weeks 1-3 he scored 12, 18, 9 points then you would get credit for 13 points by your QB in week four even though he did not play.

At least I think that is how I understand it. I could be wrong.

I think he is talking about the method that the 32 homers league uses for bye weeks.  If your QB is on bye you will get the average of his previous 3 weeks scoring.  If your QB is on bye week 4 and in weeks 1-3 he scored 12, 18, 9 points then you would get credit for 13 points by your QB in week four even though he did not play. 

At least I think that is how I understand it.  I could be wrong.

1325898[/snapback]

Since I have the Ravens, I guess if I get stuck with Boller I will get the average of his prior three weeks the week he has a bye...meaning the average of 3, 5, and 2? :D

Since I have the Ravens, I guess if I get stuck with Boller I will get the average of his prior three weeks the week he has a bye...meaning the average of 3, 5, and 2?  :D

1325907[/snapback]

He had a few good games at the end of last season. Maybe he can duplicate that before your bye week. :D

Edited by BYoder

I will if he still needs someone, I will message him right after I get done with this post.

I think we should fill 32 teams and have a vote on all all subjects, then we can come up with our best solutions for each individual subject and have league vote on the those solutions to make our league rules. right now we don't have all the people IMO to start making the rules.

That being said people want to know what they are getting into before joining so those things leave us at sort of a impasse.

I like something someone said earlier about using a tier list(I am sure the huddle will have something like that) we can tier off the players using this list into tiers of 32's . if your team did not have a player in that tier you would go to the leftovers and draft from it(leftovers being players from other teams that could not be chosen by their team because they already had a player )some sort of list that can even things out . then also at the same time make sure each team has its 6 team players from their own team.

I think that is as even as we can do it while still keeping a homer theme. JMO.

I like something someone said earlier about using a tier list(I am sure the huddle will have something like that) we can tier off the players  using this list into tiers of 32's . if your team did not have a player in that tier you would go to the leftovers and draft from it(leftovers being players from other teams that could not be chosen by their team because they already had a player )some sort of list that can even things out . then also at the same time make sure each team has its 6 team players from their own team.

I think that is as even as we can do it while still keeping a homer theme. JMO.

1326372[/snapback]

well said :D

here's an idea

round 1 :  homer round (must pick a homer)

round 2 : regular round

round 3:  homer round

round 4:  regular round

round 5:  homer round

round 6:  regular round

round 7:  homer round

round 8-40:  regular round (must pick at least 4 more homers.)

must keep at least 8 homer players on team at all times.

draft order :  reverse NFL draft order in homer rounds (so the bad teams see who the good teams are taking (and who will still be there in round 2)

in round 2:  average of nfl draft order and rank of first round homer stud in avg points per game in 2005 (the better the player, the later you draft)

round 4:  reverse order of round two (continue to switch each normal round for usual serpentine round)

1325607[/snapback]

I kinda like this idea... :D