[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominick Davis

Ralph Furley

I know this is a very general question, and one that has been asked a lot already this year. I was hoping that maybe any Texans fans or homers are getting a better picture or idea on what will happen with him for next year. If they draft Bush, what will become of DD? Just wondering if anyone has heard anything new. Any trade rumors going around down there in Texas?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RBBC in Houston next year with Bush and Davis is my guess. DD is too injury prone, and that way they can ease Bush into the role. That is the big question about Bush too, can he be an every down back? They'll keep Davis around at least until Bush proves that he can. But honestly, I think Davis stays a Texan for several years and his touches gradually reduce.

Edited by CaptainHook

I havent really heard anything new other than some rumors that I wouldn't call credible. I think Hook pretty much nailed it in his assessment of the situation though. i am starting to wonder if he is a closet Texan fan :D.

I havent really heard anything new other than some rumors that I wouldn't call credible.  I think Hook pretty much nailed it in his assessment of the situation though.  i am starting to wonder if he is a closet Texan fan :D.

1321518[/snapback]

just keepin' tabs on the division rivals. :D

I'd love to see them trade down. I'd rather not have Bush in the division.

Edited by CaptainHook

The more I hear from Houston, the more I have a HUNCH that they're going to trade down a few spots.

Remember -- when they started talking about Reggie Bush, he was CLEARLY the best player in the nation. Now, D. Ferguson is a bona-fide stud, after proving it at the Senior Bowl. He's the player that would help their team most, pure and simple.

If they trade down and draft Ferguson, D. Davis suddenly becomes a top-6 or -7 fantasy RB in Kubiak's system. :D

The more I hear from Houston, the more I have a HUNCH that they're going to trade down a few spots.

Remember -- when they started talking about Reggie Bush, he was CLEARLY the best player in the nation. Now, D. Ferguson is a bona-fide stud, after proving it at the Senior Bowl. He's the player that would help their team most, pure and simple.

If they trade down and draft Ferguson, D. Davis suddenly becomes a top-6 or -7 fantasy RB in Kubiak's system. :D

1321912[/snapback]

This makes the most sense to me. Franchise LT's don't come along very often, and they could get additional picks or players with the move. Sounds too good to be true for a team that needs a lot of help.

The talk I've heard is that Houston would need to draft either Vince or Reggie Bush to keep the season ticket holders happy. But the pick is Kubiak's

Personally, if I was the Texans GM I would trade the pick. They need help all over.

How do you spend 25 million in upfront money on a RB, when you could get the MVP for 8-10 million? It doesn't make sense.

Trade #1 pick for #4 overall(draft D'Brick), John Abraham, Doug Jolley, picks.

It should be fun, we should get a good idea after March 3rd. I expect the Texans to strike early on key FA's. The needs are pretty clear in Houston.

Houston would be stupid to keep the pick. I think Kubiak is smarter than that. If they trade down and have Davis as their opening day starter, he is on my list of players I want no doubt.

Ferguson is a stud. For all the people who say draft Reggie Bush no questions ask, watch some tape of Ferguson. This guy owns people. Like Swampnuts said: Franchise LT's don't come along very often. You have to grab them when they are sitting right in front of you.

If I was a free agent, I can't see why I wouldn't want to go to Houston. Great facilities, new coaching staff, young talent, and they got loads of money to throw around (I think?). They could be something in a couple of years. Carr will be great.

I can't believe this many people would pass on Reggie Bush. Call me nuts but a Domanick Davis/Reggie Bush combo would be one of the scariest backfields in some time. Give both of em 15-20 touches per game, both always fresh, ridiculous potential.

I can't believe this many people would pass on Reggie Bush.  Call me nuts but a Domanick Davis/Reggie Bush combo would be one of the scariest backfields in some time.  Give both of em 15-20 touches per game, both always fresh, ridiculous potential.

1322906[/snapback]

:D

I can't believe this many people would pass on Reggie Bush.  Call me nuts but a Domanick Davis/Reggie Bush combo would be one of the scariest backfields in some time.  Give both of em 15-20 touches per game, both always fresh, ridiculous potential.

1322906[/snapback]

That's certainly the optimistic view of the situation.

The other way to look at it? Houston would be ruining yet another talented offensive player behind a terrible O-line.

My 3 reasons to take Ferguson (as I've stated before):

1. How many good-great years are you going to get out of Reggie Bush? 6-7, tops. How many good-great years will you get out of D. Ferguson? 10-11.

2. A RB can only impact a certain percentage of the offensive plays. A left tackle has an impact on EVERY offensive play.

3. Look at the history of the first round. Offensive tackles have BY FAR the lowest "bust" percentage. Or, the other way around -- look at all the great OTs in the NFL right now. Almost ALL of them are former 1st-rounders, many of them HIGH 1st-rounders.

1. How many good-great years are you going to get out of Reggie Bush? 6-7, tops. How many good-great years will you get out of D. Ferguson? 10-11.

2. A RB can only impact a certain percentage of the offensive plays. A left tackle has an impact on EVERY offensive play.

3. Look at the history of the first round. Offensive tackles have BY FAR the lowest "bust" percentage. Or, the other way around -- look at all the great OTs in the NFL right now. Almost ALL of them are former 1st-rounders, many of them HIGH 1st-rounders.

1323143[/snapback]

Very good info here. I think OT's are so valuable and hard to come by. Bush might get ticket sales up but if Houston fans want to even start thinking about a Super Bowl, you have to draft Ferguson.

That's certainly the optimistic view of the situation.

The other way to look at it? Houston would be ruining yet another talented offensive player behind a terrible O-line.

1323143[/snapback]

1. RB's can often play until age 30-32. that's about 8-10 years.

2. Ok, but a couple big plays by a rb, usually are worth more than a couple plays by a left tackle.

3. Last OL go this high was robert gallery. And if anyone is 'Bustless' it's Paris hilton. No, I mean, it's probably Bush. He may not be another Tomlinson, but the likelihood that he'll be Ki-juana carter seems low.

I agree that houston should trade down or even keep the pick and take Ferguson. DD is injury prone for a reason. when the Defense can tee off on you on at least half the plays (because no one in blocking them) you are bound to get nicked up. DD avgs like 25 to 30 touches a game and is probably hit an avg of 2 to 3 times each time he touches the ball. Most of those times it is by D linemen or LBs not corner backs and safeties. I personally think that DD is one of the more talented RBs in the NFL. Houston just has the worst OL in the NFL. If I was the GM I would go OL and def in this draft. I wouldn't draft a QB, RB or WR at all.

1323143[/snapback]

Mike Williams? Tony Mandarich? Leornard Davis (moved to guard cause he couldn't handle LT)?

You're probably right, it is a lower percentage, but you have to be a darn good tackle to get drafted in the top 10. Outside the top 10 there are quite a few busts at tackle. Some of the guys taken in the top 10 as a LT have been moved, like Robert Gallery. I've heard that Ferguson is good, but he is not as highly rated as Bush. The current champs, the Steelers got their LT in the second round. The Pats got Matt Light in the second round. The Bucs took Oben in the third. So of the last 5 SB winning teams, none have had an elite LT. If I felt Ferguson was another Tony Boselli, Walter Jones, Orlando Pace, Willie Roaf, or Jonathan Ogden, I might agree. But no scout is comparing him to those guys. Most of the write-ups I've seen seem to feel there is a significant drop in talent after Bush.

Edited by CaptainHook

Very good info here. I think OT's are so valuable and hard to come by. Bush might get ticket sales up but if Houston fans want to even start thinking about a Super Bowl, you have to draft Ferguson.

1323164[/snapback]

Yes, but tackles are easier to find than backs like Bush. There are more than round in each draft as well. I can see thm taking Reggie and drafting O linemen later in the draft.

Don't forget that Kubiak may get more out of that line than Capers did.

I'm an admitted DD owner in both of my keeper leagues, and I am still holding on hope that the Texand do the right thing and trade away the pick, and work on building a solid offensive line. :pray:

Edited by Menudo

I'm an admitted DD owner in both of my keeper leagues, and I am still holding on hope that the Texand do the right thing and trade away the pick, and work on building a solid offensive line.  :pray:

1323507[/snapback]

You and me both. I snagged DD off the waiver wire a few years ago and have him for a crazy low price. For what it's worth, it would seem to make sense and trade that pick. So they draft Bush. Now they have two good RBs that can't run behind that line.

You and me both.  I snagged DD off the waiver wire a few years ago and have him for a crazy low price.  For what it's worth, it would seem to make sense and trade that pick.  So they draft Bush.  Now they have two good RBs that can't run behind that line.

1323669[/snapback]

You see, that's where I'd disagree. The Texans o-line isn't bad at run blocking. They are bad at pass blocking. They ranked 15th in the NFL in rushing yards, ahead of Indianapolis. They rushed for over 1800 yards as a team. Now throw a home run threat like Bush into the mix. A threat like Bush makes opposing teams respect the run more. Do they need to address the line in the draft as well? Of course.

Edited by CaptainHook

You see, that's where I'd disagree.  The Texans o-line isn't bad at run blocking.  They are bad at pass blocking.  They ranked 15th in the NFL in rushing yards, ahead of Indianapolis.  They rushed for over 1800 yards as a team.  Now throw a home run threat like Bush into the mix.  A threat like Bush makes opposing teams respect the run more.  Do they need to address the line in the draft as well?  Of course.

1323691[/snapback]

I see your point, but in watching the Texans, Dominick Davis deserves a lot of the credit for his running. The guy, when healthy is talented and very good at making something out of nothing. We will just have to wait and see what the Texans decide to do.