[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dominick Davis

Ralph Furley

If the Texans draft Bush they are idiots. RB is the least of there problems. Why everyone is on Bush's jock is beyond me. If you cant carry the load for your college team and you consistantly get yanked at the goal line i wouldnt even want him. Bush = Overrated imo

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Texans trade down to 4 and get D'Brick instead of Bush.  He could have a good career.  We will still compare him to Sam Bowie.  It would be tragic for the future of the Houston Texans.  And I LOVE D'Brickshaw Ferguson

1324966[/snapback]

That is a crazy statement, you are comparing an apple to a Cadillac. Even if you think Bush will be the best running back to come out of the draft for the next 20 years, the statement makes no sense. No Football player period, has ever come anywhere close to having the impact on Football that MJ had on Basketball. I find it hard to believe that 20 years from now, people will talk about Bush, in the same tone as they do about Brown, Sayers or Peyton. I could be wrong, but just my opinion.

I hardly think tragic would be the correct word to apply to the Texans not drafting Bush. Look at Tampa Bay and the years of futility, do you think anyone looks at that period and realistically says, “If we had just had _________, it would have been different” Fill in any player’s name you want. Look at Detroit (do not mean to pick on Mo-Town, and as a long-time Houston fan I would never point a finger), do you really think that anyone looks at Detroit and says, “If we just had _________, it would be different”? Trust me, if the Texans do not make the playoffs in the next 10 years, people will talk about a long list of why, and not drafting Bush will not be on the top of the list.

If Edge and SA aren't getting teams to line up for their services,

1325355[/snapback]

IMO the system places too high a value on running backs select with a top 5 pick, If teams are not willing to trade for a proven product, why would you ever waste a top 5 pick on a running back? If I was a GM (clearly I am not), I would never draft a running back with a top 5 pick. Frankly, If I had a top five pick, I would always try to turn it into a lower 1st Round plus a 2nd or 3rd.

I don't think the Texans should draft Bush. Not because I don't think he will be good, but I don't think that helps them that much. I think if they draft Bush, they better trade DD to get some O-Line help. Having Bush & DD will mean nothing if they don't fix their O-Line. Now if they can sign some good FA O-Line and still draft Bush, good for them. I still might trade down and draft D help though.

No, thats exactly what I'm saying......if they trade down, even for some great package, they will still be the team we look back on after ten years of misery as the team that traded the rights to Reggie Bush. 

So the Texans trade down to 4 and get D'Brick instead of Bush.  He could have a good career.  We will still compare him to Sam Bowie.  It would be tragic for the future of the Houston Texans.  And I LOVE D'Brickshaw Ferguson

1324966[/snapback]

Or Bush could end up known as the next Ki-jana Carter. imagine the players the Bengels could of had?

The draft is luck, and since the RB position is the easiest spot to fill elswhere I cannot see why the Texans would not trade this pick.

This is exactly what the Texans should do, but they won't get anything for DD.  If Edge and SA aren't getting teams to line up for their services, then DD won't be worth much at all.  Maybe a 4th round pick at best.  Besides, no team is going to give up a quality lineman for a RB.

1325355[/snapback]

Exactly.

This is exactly what the Texans should do, but they won't get anything for DD.  If Edge and SA aren't getting teams to line up for their services, then DD won't be worth much at all.  Maybe a 4th round pick at best.  Besides, no team is going to give up a quality lineman for a RB.

1325355[/snapback]

Then why not trade down and draft D'Brickashaw or another solid O-line and fill hole with the extra picks. You are still left with a good RB and now you improve your O-line which could only help DD & Carr.

That is a crazy statement, you are comparing an apple to a Cadillac.  Even if you think Bush will be the best running back to come out of the draft for the next 20 years, the statement makes no sense.  No Football player period, has ever come anywhere close to having the impact on Football that MJ had on Basketball.  I find it hard to believe that 20 years from now, people will talk about Bush, in the same tone as they do about Brown, Sayers or Peyton.  I could be wrong, but just my opinion.

I hardly think tragic would be the correct word to apply to the Texans not drafting Bush.  Look at Tampa Bay and the years of futility, do you think anyone looks at that period and realistically says, “If we had just had _________, it would have been different”  Fill in any player’s name you want.  Look at Detroit (do not mean to pick on Mo-Town, and as a long-time Houston fan I would never point a finger), do you really think that anyone looks at Detroit and says, “If we just had _________, it would be different”?  Trust me, if the Texans do not make the playoffs in the next 10 years, people will talk about a long list of why, and not drafting Bush will not be on the top of the list.

1326107[/snapback]

While I agree for obvious reasons that no player can impact an NFL game like MJ did the NBA, there have been guys that have been pretty close. Favre, Montana and Deion come to mind. Still, its just obvious your opinion of Reggie Bush different than my own, so there isn't really any use of arguing.

I agree with your second paragraph to an extent. Then again, there is another prospective to look at this from. What would have happened if New England had drafted Rick Mirer over Bledsoe or the Colts drafted Ryan Leaf over Peyton. I know people spoke for years about taking Big Daddy over Faulk. That one seems to work here.