[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ray Ray wants to go Away

Guest Sores

Now if he will just take Jamal with him we may have a team. :D

1324428[/snapback]

Can he tuck Kyle Boller under the other arm? :D

Sad thing is even if we decide to move Ray we take something like a 9 million dollar cap hit...not good for business.

Personally I'd have no problem with plugging Bart Scott into the MLB position, he did a nice job last season :D Just tired of all of Ray's :D

Edited by Gdawg

As a Steeler fan, I would like Ray to stay where he is. He is a shell of his former self, and is one of the easiest Ravens not to like. I don't want to see the Ravens lose their 'Thug' reputation. However, the Ravens are an afterthought at this point, as the Steelers and Bengals will be battling for this division for years...... :D

As a Steeler fan, I would like Ray to stay where he is.  He is a shell of his former self, and is one of the easiest Ravens not to like.  I don't want to see the Ravens lose their 'Thug' reputation.  However, the Ravens are an afterthought at this point, as the Steelers and Bengals will be battling for this division for years......  :D

1325218[/snapback]

Good morning to you too, Menudo :D

I wouldnt say he's a shell of his former self, but clearly his best days are behind him. Apparently he's also become something of a locker room problem :D

Dont get too carried away with that two team race stuff. I am not saying the Ravens or the Browns will be 10-6 next year, but in this era of the NFL a team can rebound from the depths in a fairly short amount of time. Personally I can see this division being highly competative again in a few years. :D

Edited by Gdawg

Good morning to you too, Menudo  :D

I wouldnt say he's a shell of his former self, but clearly his best days are behind him. Apparently he's also become something of a locker room problem  :D

Dont get too carried away with that two team race stuff. I am not saying the Ravens or the Browns will be 10-6 next year, but in this era of the NFL a team can rebound from the depths in a fairly short amount of time. Personally I can see this division being highly competative again in a few years.  :D

1325225[/snapback]

Well, I did put a :D beside it........ Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Kyle Boller.............which one of these is not like the other ? :D:D

Well, I did put a  :D  beside it........  Carson Palmer, Ben Roethlisberger, Kyle Boller.............which one of these is not like the other ?  :D  :D

1325230[/snapback]

The one that doesnt belong is Carson Palmer...the other two are healthy :D

wow times changed so fast like 2 years ago people were saying he is better than urlacher,

1325250[/snapback]

He WAS better than Urlacher; probably one of the BEST that's ever played. Now he's an aging locker room problem. Sad.

He WAS better than Urlacher; probably one of the BEST that's ever played. Now he's an aging locker room problem. Sad.

1325255[/snapback]

Agreed, as much as I can't stand the guy, a few year's ago, he was playing at as high a level as any MLB could play.

Hmmmm...maybe Boller could have a suck-ectomy?  :D

1325239[/snapback]

Gdawg, I think you may have given up on Boller a little too quickly...I'm not saying he is Joe Montana or Steve Young or anything, but he did look awfully good in the last few games last year...and players/teams that finish a year strong have tended to have a strong season the next year...

Gdawg, I think you may have given up on Boller a little too quickly...I'm not saying he is Joe Montana or Steve Young or anything, but he did look awfully good in the last few games last year...and players/teams that finish a year strong have tended to have a strong season the next year...

1325961[/snapback]

Hmm...just went and looked at the game log, and that last game didnt look too hot...but he lit it up against GB and Minn on national TV (thats what I saw :D ...but he had like 10 TD passes in his last 6 games...extrapolated over a whole season, that is like 27 TD passes...not HOF, but servicable...

1325961[/snapback]

You may be right Niners, but its been SO long since we had a decent passing attack...you have to go back to, gulp, Vinny Testaverde :doah:

A lot of what has happened over the last few years really isnt Boller's fault. He was thrown to the wolves from the start and we have had a TERRIBLE pass blocking line for years. This year will be the real test; if Boller sinks he and Billick are gone, you can take that to the bank.

You may be right Niners, but its been SO long since we had a decent passing attack...you have to go back to, gulp, Vinny Testaverde  :doah:

A lot of what has happened over the last few years really isnt Boller's fault. He was thrown to the wolves from the start and we have had a TERRIBLE pass blocking line for years. This year will be the real test; if Boller sinks he and Billick are gone, you can take that to the bank.

1325974[/snapback]

What about Elvis Grbac?? :D

What about Elvis Grbac??  :D

1325977[/snapback]

Seriously though, I will still never understand why they gave up on Dilfer...yeah, he wasnt a HOF or anything, but he got the job done...and with that defense, you didnt need Joe Montana or anything....just someone who could manage the game and make a few plays along the way...

Seriously though, I will still never understand why they gave up on Dilfer...yeah, he wasnt a HOF or anything, but he got the job done...and with that defense, you didnt need Joe Montana or anything....just someone who could manage the game and make a few plays along the way...

1325978[/snapback]

Elivs...Thanks I had successfully blocked him from memory :D

Really though they might have been okay, even with Elvis if Jamal Lewis hadnt gone down for the year in the preseason. They had NOTHING at RB that year and still won a playoff game.

Boller looks ok sometimes...at home, against weak Ds. Put him on the road and he can give Ryan Leaf a run for his money :D

Edited by Gdawg

Hmmmm...I bet the Pats would lay out a 2nd rounder for Ray Ray. Him and Bruschi in the middle of that 3-4 would be tough. Very tough. That is if he's not looking for a hugh payday. Might be a good place to finish a career. :D

Hmmmm...I bet the Pats would lay out a 2nd rounder for Ray Ray. Him and Bruschi in the middle of that 3-4 would be tough. Very tough. That is if he's not looking for a hugh payday. Might be a good place to finish a career.  :D

1326338[/snapback]

Sadly Ray IS looking for another HUGH payday :D

Hmmmm...I bet the Pats would lay out a 2nd rounder for Ray Ray. Him and Bruschi in the middle of that 3-4 would be tough. Very tough. That is if he's not looking for a hugh payday. Might be a good place to finish a career.  :D

1326338[/snapback]

I think there were several teams that were offering a 2nd rounder, but the Ravens would be looking for more than that.

But as already pointed out, he is definitely looking for a hugh payday.

1325978[/snapback]

Agreeed. A steeeeeeeler fan, I was pleased when the Ravens went away from stability on offense to searching for zestiness and sacrificing the wins on the way.