[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First draft of 2006

theeohiostate

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be hard to compare these 2 drafts since one is a 12 team and the other is 16 team.

1322076[/snapback]

i agree and to say the least there are a few picks in that league that have me shaking my head but i cant and wont comment til after our draft is done

Lamont Jordan at 5.  :D

1322089[/snapback]

seems about right to me...he finished 6th overall last yr in GMX missing the

last 2 games...

I took him at 9, but should prove to be a solid 1st rounder

1322107[/snapback]

a relative steal imo...

Lamont Jordan at 5.  :D

1322089[/snapback]

It sorta seems a strech at first but I mean he was solid this year considering how bad this team was. He should only get better with one year under his belt as a starter. Depending on where Edge lands, I think I would take him over Jordan though. Even Portis possibly....not sure about that one though.

Wow, Steve Smith and Fitz before Chad Johnson. Interesting.

1322336[/snapback]

I was considering CJ put to be honest Palmers injury really scared me off...

Fitz on the other hand had 100+ catches with Musical QBs last yr and his upside is probably the highest of any of the WRs going into the draft this yr...he could be the next tory holt with more TDs on a yrly basis

I love Smith and own him in another league and own fitz in another league too...I am just not sure Steve can continue to be a top 3 WR top 10 yeah so Slick taking him helped make my pick easy...I do wish i coulda traded down and gotten fitz later but wasnt willing to take the chance of missing out on him...

umm

exact same thing happend in our league too at about the same spot overall.

1322352[/snapback]

Now if Ricky Williams goes next... :D

I understand the fear of Palmer but what I've heard so far says his rehab is going fine. He is doing it at the Jobe Clinic in LA. Palmer went early in our draft too.

Edited by Randall

Took Vilma, my first IDP draft, hope it's not too early

1322477[/snapback]

Urlacher went 1.16 in the vet draft for fusion back in 03

Bulluck went 3.11 35th overall(1st lb taken in IDP Mock redraft) Vilma went 46th overall

Bulluck went 3.13 45th overall(1st LB taken in GMX) Vilma was 2nd at 3.15(47th overall)

so depends on how you look at it but he is a STUD so nice pick IMO...less question marks then the other avail players you had to pick from

It sorta seems a strech at first but I mean he was solid this year considering how bad this team was. He should only get better with one year under his belt as a starter. Depending on where Edge lands, I think I would take him over Jordan though. Even Portis possibly....not sure about that one though.

1322153[/snapback]

Of course I'm biased here. But I think it depends on your league scoring. PPR I wouldn't hesitate to take him with a high pick. It would be between Portis/Lamont for me, not Edge. Too much drama with picking Edge. At least if you get LJ/CP you know where they're playing, and that they'll produce. Lamont only had 1000 yards rushing, and still finished ahead of Portis/Edge in my PPR league. Can only look up from there as far as I'm concerned. :D

Wow, Holt is the 7th selected.

1322752[/snapback]

outside of S Smith its hard to not find a top 10 wr that doesnt have ?s around them be it QB status or Coaching changes etc

i took fitz earlier then i wanted to but as i stated before even with the QB issues in Zona he had an awesome yr

Edited by keggerz

outside of S Smith its hard to not find a top 10 wr that doesnt have ?s around them be it QB status or Coaching changes etc

i took fitz earlier then i wanted to but as i stated before even with the QB issues in Zona he had an awesome yr

1322818[/snapback]

Plus he's young, which is perfect for dynasty. He'll be earning for you for a while.

well i just took another gamble...

moved up to 3.7(39 overall) for Roy Williams...here is hoping martz can the kinda production from him like the did from Holt

RBrown

Fitz

RoyW

young and tons of upside ...now if saban can just move ricky on draft day or sooner

...now if saban can just move ricky on draft day or sooner

1323081[/snapback]

Lets hope it is sooner as the guy who took Ricky at 3.6. Started with Julius and Chad Johnson, so needed a second RB. IMO, Ricky still has top 10 potential in the right system, IF he can keep his head clear.