[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First draft of 2006

theeohiostate

Ok, some guy(sarge) who picks Ray Lewis, a washed up, aging LB with his 6th pick-claiming he's slid far enough, and Gary Brackett over Cato June with his 8th, is critiqing my draft :D:D:D:D:huh: -man, what a clown. Also, would take injury prone Stephen Jackson over a young Willie Parker in a Dynasty League..... :lol::):D

:D Tony G with a 4th Rd pick in a Dynasty....waits until Rd 5 to grab his 2nd RB...Tatum "can't see the hole" Bell at that....I rest my case :D:unsure::woot:

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/o...&FRANCHISE=0005

Injured Drew Brees is his #1 QB and Klye Boller as his #2 QB :woot::D:woot::woot:

Edited by PantherDave

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, some guy(sarge) who picks Ray Lewis, a washed up, aging LB with his 6th pick-claiming he's slid far enough, and Gary Brackett over Cato June with his 8th, is critiqing my draft :D  :D  :D  :D  :huh: -man, what a clown. Also, would take injury prone Stephen Jackson over a young Willie Parker in a Dynasty League..... :lol:  :)  :D

:D Tony G with a 4th Rd pick in a Dynasty....waits until Rd 5 to grab his 2nd RB...Tatum "can't see the hole" Bell at that....I rest my case :D  :unsure:  :woot:

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/o...&FRANCHISE=0005

Injured Drew Brees is his #1 QB and Klye Boller as his #2 QB :woot:  :D  :o  :woot:

1332963[/snapback]

Dude, you are seriously making yourself look stupid. First off this isnt a true dynasty league, its a contract league, which means you have 100 total contact yrs to assign to 40 players, so Gonzo will get no more than a 3 yr deal from me, same with Ray Ray. While, Gates the #1 TE may get a 4 yr or 5 yr deal at the most, or that owner will have to give too many players 1 yr contracts to other players, who will be RFA next season. Ive made a living out of not having to lose quality players after the first yr. I think my success in these area speak for itself.

What was the biggest reason for the Indy D turnaround from a yr ago. Ill tell you, Gary Brackett covering the middle of that defense who also outscored Cato June, and June may follow Thornton from WLB to SLB when David Thornton walks in FA.

Ray Lewis, washed up. lol ok whatever you say. Hes proven to get hurt easier than in the past, but when he plays hes a top 3 LB, and he has something to prove next yr.

Yep, I love Gonzo, and the only thing missing last yr were TDs, and BTW Gonzo is only 29 yrs old, and has at least 3 quality seasons in front of him, which is exactly how long of a contract I will give him. Id much rather have Gonzo than Heap, or Crumpler for the next 3 yrs. But hey thats my preference.

Gates season stats were 89 for 1100 and 10 TDs,

Gonzo season stats were 78 for 905 and 2 TDs

T Bell, averaged 5 yards a carry when he played last yr, and almost had as many rushing yards as Mike Anderson the 32 yr old starter. Ricky W wont be coming to Denver now, so Im stoked to have Bell on board for the next 4 yrs to pair with LT.

Mike Anderson - 239 for 1014 - 12 TDs 18 catches for 212 and 1 rec TD

Tatum Bell - 173 for 921- 8 TDs 18 catches for 104 and 0 rec TD

As far as Qbs go, D Brees will play in SD or GB next yr, and I love the rec options for both teams, K Boller was an extra pick, I traded a rookie pick to get, and there is no way Id get a starting QB in the rookie draft, where I traded to get Boller, K Collins will get a 1 yr deal for me next yr, and pennington may be heading to Miami, who Im happy to give 2 yrs to. Ive never had a superior QB on my team, as its my style to always wait and get them much later. Ive been successful doing so, so I aint changing now.

You may want to read the rules of DW, so you fully understand what you are talking about before you sign on. Id hate to see you draft Drew Carter in round 5, and him sit in mediocrity for 3 yrs, then is a RFA where he can be taken from you when he finally does something. Or better yet you give him a 6 yr deal, and then have to give 3 more players 1 yr deals, which will be taken from you after yr 1. But then again your draft sheet ended 7 rounds before the draft was over, you could just give all those panther backups you took at the end of the draft 1 yr deals. :woot:

In this league concept you build with studs, to give you a chance to win this yr. I love seeing some teams draft exclusively youth in the vet draft, and by the time that youth starts producing that team cant retain it all, and has to rebuild all over again. The rookie draft is where you build your team with youth, as you can let them ride your taxi squad for 3 yrs before you have to give them a contract, then at that time, you can give them a much longer deal, than to start season one. Each yr 40 yrs come off yoru books in this concept, and some of those are RFA, while some just lose 1 contract yr, so it makes sense to hold a few rookies 1 yr on your taxi squad, then you may have 10 guys with 1 yr deals fall off yoru roster, you can replace or resign say 7 players with 3 yr deals this time for 21 total yrs, then sign 2 of those rookies for 6 yr deals, and the other for a 7 yr deal.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

T Bell, averaged 5 yards a carry when he played last yr, and almost had as many rushing yards as Mike Anderson the 32 yr old starter.  Ricky W wont be coming to Denver now, so Im stoked to have Bell on board for the next 4 yrs to pair with LT.

1333052[/snapback]

Did Ricky Watters finally give up? Thank God! I am sure Ted Thompson would have made a play for him.

Dynasty, Auction, Contract, Re-Draft....that draft of yours sucked-period. What a Tool-finally done here, looking at that draft of yours was pure comedy.Thanks for the laugh :D  :D

1333055[/snapback]

Oh my gosh, this must have been your first IDP draft, now I see why you have no clue. I love my team, and I will once again compete for the division and title in this 16 man league, where you wont have a prayer in your 12 man.

Wanna bet who wins more games, me vs you in our new leagues. :D

BTW check out Gary Brackett vs Cato June using your leagues scoring, if you need help using that feature PD, Ill teach you. :D

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/p..._WEEK=17&P=7126

BTW, Middle linebackers generally score more than outside LBs, your welcome for the tip.

And what will Junes stats look like if hes moved to SLB. Just look up David Thornton,

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

Did Ricky Watters finally give up?  Thank God!  I am sure Ted Thompson would have made a play for him.

1333059[/snapback]

:D I think Steve Largent's still available.

Oh God help us. I hope we don't regret Sherman leaving. Things can always be worse.

BTW check out Gary Brackett vs Cato June using your leagues scoring, if you need help using that feature PD, Ill teach you.  :D

http://football.myfantasyleague.com/2005/p..._WEEK=17&P=7126

BTW, Middle linebackers generally score more than outside LBs, your welcome for the tip.

And what will Junes stats look like if hes moved to  SLB.  Just look up David Thornton,

1333086[/snapback]

Interesting theory about the Colts LB's Sarge. I'm not sure how they are going to handle it. Brackett has MLB locked up, and you are right, he was a major difference in the Colts defense this year. Especially in coverage. He gets great depth, which is a must for MLB's in the Cover 2. I believe both Brackett and June are retricted FA's. They'll both be re-signed.

I doubt very much that June moves to strong side backer though. At 6'0", he would be severely undersized. Most experts think that Thornton is playing out of position, and he's 6'2". If the Colts did move June, Gilbert Gardner would probably be the weak side. But, I think June will be back at weak side. Brackett will be the MLB. I think the Colts have a decent shot at re-signing Thornton, but he is a UFA. If they don't, I think the Colts will be forced to address either the RB position or the SLB through free agency, and use their first round pick on the other. If I had to guess right now, I think Thornton will be back though.

Edited by CaptainHook

Interesting theory about the Colts LB's Sarge.  I'm not sure how they are going to handle it.  Brackett has MLB locked up, and you are right, he was a major difference in the Colts defense this year.  Especially in coverage.  He gets great depth, which is a must for MLB's in the Cover 2.  I believe both Brackett and June are retricted FA's.  They'll both be re-signed.

I doubt very much that June moves to strong side backer though.  At 6'0", he would be severely undersized.  Most experts think that Thornton is playing out of position, and he's 6'2".  If the Colts did move June, Gilbert Gardner would probably be the weak side.  But,  I think June will be back at weak side.  Brackett will be the MLB.  I think the Colts have a decent shot at re-signing Thornton, but he is a UFA.  If they don't, I think the Colts will be forced to address either the RB position or the SLB through free agency, and use their first round pick on the other.  If I had to guess right now, I think Thornton will be back though.

1333138[/snapback]

I hope June does stay at WLB as I have him in a few leauges but his uncertainty is the reason I went with Brackett instead of June, as well as Brackett outscored June last yr. The problem is Wayne, Edge, as well as all 3 LBs, Brackett, June, and Thornton are all FA. Wayne will be resigned, as will brackett and June because they are RFA, but that doenst leave alot of money for the UFA Edge and Thornton. Its my opinion the market wont bear out for Edge as he hopes and he will get comparable money to stay for a Championship calibur team, and resign. That and Indy has a history of letting great LBs leave, see Mike Peterson and Marcus Washington. All That being said if they do resign both June and Brackett which even you agree they will, they must address LB in the draft or FA, and if that happened Gardner may very well work his way into the starting lineup. Garnder can not play the strong side from what Ive heard, so June moves from WLB to SLB like Thornton did before him, and Gardner is the new WLB. Alot of ifs and buts, but when you draft in February you have to somewhat try and predict the future.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

I think June and Gardner are very similiar players. I don't think either of them could handle playing over the TE. I don't think Thornton is going to command a large contract, but I could be wrong. He is definitely not the player Marcus Washington is. I hope the Colts attempt to re-sign him, but a lot will depend on the market.

Edited by CaptainHook

I think June and Gardner are very similiar players.  I don't think either of them could handle playing over the TE.  I don't think Thornton is going to command a large contract, but I could be wrong.  He is definitely not the player Marcus Washington is.  I think the Colts will attempt to re-sign him, but a lot will depend on the market.

1333188[/snapback]

Agree, agree, and I hope they do resign all 3.