[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Letter to the Seattle P-I editor

godtomsatan

Seattle still comes out on top

Hello from Pittsburgh. May I offer you some consolation on your Super Bowl loss? Just remember that Seattle, even on a dreary day when you have to live through a disappointing loss, is still an order of magnitude brighter than living through another dismal day in Pittsburgh. Pittsburghers are sore losers and gluttonous, self-righteous winners. But take pity on us -- you'd be that way, too, if you had to live here.

What else is in Pittsburgh to feel good about? What else is there in Pittsburgh to inspire us or to make us believe our lives could be better? What else is there to console us and make the insults of living in a city which declines by the year more bearable?

The youth riot when the Steelers win, knowing deep in their bones that this is as close as they will ever come to feeling self-respect or hope that their lives could ever be better.

The shine of a Super Bowl win or the stigma of a Super Bowl loss will wear off after a few weeks. Pittsburgh will still be Pittsburgh and Seattle will still be Seattle. You can afford to be gracious losers. You've still got the better deal.

-- Tom Ammons, Gibsonia, PA

i love how when a team loses, all left they can do is take shots at the winning team's city.. not its team, but city. when it comes to this, imo, its the ultimate example of defeat and loss for words from b*tchy fans. its actually laughable because you know your team is better when it comes to this. congrats seattle! you are known as the city of crybabies and softies.. it shows through your team and shows in the fans. im glad you guys enjoy your starbucks and rain so much.. man i sure would love to be there... :D

i love how when a team loses, all left they can do is take shots at the winning team's city..  not its team, but city.  when it comes to this, imo, its the ultimate example of defeat and loss for words from b*tchy fans.  its actually laughable because you know your team is better when it comes to this.  congrats seattle!  you are known as the city of crybabies and softies..  it shows through your team and shows in the fans.  im glad you guys enjoy your starbucks and rain so much..  man i sure would love to be there...  :D

1322916[/snapback]

:D A class post all the way. :D

:D A class post all the way.  :D

1322936[/snapback]

What a joke! First let me say I have been to Seattle a few times. Nothing special at all. The surrounding mountains are great, but the city blows. Typical filthy city. I will take the Portland area any day over Seattle. By the way if you saw the house this loser Ammons lived in you would howl. Lousy little 80k shack. No wonder he thinks Pittsburgh sucks. It is not Pittsburgh that sucks, it is his life. Sorry Seattle, no consolation for living in that city. You are losers any way you look at it. Nice try.

Wasn't that an article written by a PA resident bitching about his own city?

1322932[/snapback]

This guy is from Seattle, is an unemployed pot head still living in the Grunge era. He married a Penn girl and lives with his in-laws.

What a joke! First let me say I have been to Seattle a few times. Nothing special at all. The surrounding mountains are great, but the city blows. Typical filthy city. I will take the Portland area any day over Seattle. By the way if you saw the house this loser Ammons lived in you would howl. Lousy little 80k shack. No wonder he thinks Pittsburgh sucks. It is not Pittsburgh that sucks, it is his life. Sorry Seattle, no consolation for living in that city. You are losers any way you look at it. Nice try.

1322953[/snapback]

:D

WOW- hit a nerve perhaps?? Funny letter for sure, as a Seattle guy I never felt the need to bring up anything related to Seattle being a much better city to live in than Pittsburgh. I thought that was a given. These Pitt homer posts confirm it. :D

This is so funny. I'm not surprised at all that Wildcat has jumped all over it with his :D and :D . That dude is looking for anything to jump all over and has, without a doubt been the sorest loser I've seen on these boards in quite some time. Pittsburgh used to be a dirty, steel town, but, that is long gone. The city of Pittsburgh is a site to see now, and a great place to be. Here is a picture of the skyline.

Pittsburgh Skyline

This site ranks Pittsburgh & Seattle as the 45th best city in "quality of life" There are many other sites ranking Pittsburgh as one of the top places to live.

Quality of Life

I have nothing against Seattle, I'm sure it is a great city. However, this rip on Pittsburgh is surely by someone who hates football, and is simply bitter. Say what you want, but, throughout this season, and the Super Bowl, the Steeler fans have shown themselves to be as loyal as any other in the NFL. Just because Detroit is closer to Pittsburgh still does not justify that place being 90% full of Steeler fans. Also, at every away game, the announcers comment on how amazed they are at the amount of Steeler fans that are in the crowd.

..... the refs gave them the game.

......oh yeah, well our city is better than yours

:D I think it is time to give it a rest.

i love how when a team loses, all left they can do is take shots at the winning team's city..  not its team, but city.  when it comes to this, imo, its the ultimate example of defeat and loss for words from b*tchy fans.  its actually laughable because you know your team is better when it comes to this.  congrats seattle!  you are known as the city of crybabies and softies..  it shows through your team and shows in the fans.  im glad you guys enjoy your starbucks and rain so much..  man i sure would love to be there...  :D

1322916[/snapback]

:D Wake TFU Dumba$$!!

1322953[/snapback]

Losers? The mirror is in the mail!

1322916[/snapback]

1322953[/snapback]

This guy is from Seattle, is an unemployed pot head still living in the Grunge era. He married a Penn girl and lives with his in-laws.

1323172[/snapback]

I don't think coming back and ripping on the city of Seattle is right. I've never been to Seattle, but have heard good things about the city. This whole thing is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

I don't think coming back and ripping on the city of Seattle is right.  I've never been to Seattle, but have heard good things about the city.  This whole thing is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

1323705[/snapback]

I'm not ripping on Seattle. Never been there. I wouldn't know Seattle if I had a big pointy monument thingy impaling my ass.

This is so funny.  I'm not surprised at all that Wildcat has jumped all over it with his :D  and  :D  .  That dude is looking for anything to jump all over and has, without a doubt been the sorest loser I've seen on these boards in quite some time.  Pittsburgh used to be a dirty, steel town, but, that is long gone.  The city of Pittsburgh is a site to see now, and a great place to be.  Here is a picture of the skyline.

Pittsburgh Skyline

This site ranks Pittsburgh & Seattle as the 45th best city in "quality of life"  There are many other sites ranking Pittsburgh as one of the top places to live.

Quality of Life

I have nothing against Seattle, I'm sure it is a great city.  However, this rip on Pittsburgh is surely by someone who hates football, and is simply bitter.  Say what you want, but, throughout this season, and the Super Bowl, the Steeler fans have shown themselves to be as loyal as any other in the NFL.  Just because Detroit is closer to Pittsburgh still does not justify that place being 90% full of Steeler fans.  Also, at every away game, the announcers comment on how amazed they are at the amount of Steeler fans that are in the crowd.

..... the refs gave them the game.

......oh yeah, well our city is better than yours

:D  I think it is time to give it a rest.

1323333[/snapback]

:D Menudo- give it a rest for F sake. Sore loser? I haven't posted anything on the SB for quite a while- and besides the fact of the NFL needing to get the refs figured out- I AM OVER THE SB. Never experienced a dude who didn't know how to win in all my life- Just a shot at the city of Pittsburgh and you go running to look up quality of life rankings?? :D

I could care less about Pittsburgh, I hope the economy is better and the city is doing well as a whole.

I don't think coming back and ripping on the city of Seattle is right.  I've never been to Seattle, but have heard good things about the city.  This whole thing is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.

1323705[/snapback]

Menudo..thanks for the advice. If someone posts an article beating up my city, it is only fair I respond. My point is that the city is no more special than the Burgh. And by the way I heard good things prior to going there. That is why I was disappointed. There is not one thing unique about Seattle. Other than the big needle. But again, thanks for the advice.

1322953[/snapback]

This post is the joke. Seattle and the surrounding area are beautiful areas. Too crowded and I like Bellingham better, but it is beautiful nonetheless. If you are into outdoor activities I don't think you could find a better area.

Menudo..thanks for the advice. If someone posts an article beating up my city, it is only fair I respond. My point is that the city is no more special than the Burgh. And by the way I heard good things prior to going there. That is why I was disappointed. There is not one thing unique about Seattle. Other than the big needle. But again, thanks for the advice.

1323852[/snapback]

Does it rain everyday where you live?

:D Menudo- give it a rest for F sake. Sore loser? I haven't posted anything on the SB for quite a while- and besides the fact of the NFL needing to get the refs figured out- I AM OVER THE SB.  Never experienced a dude who didn't know how to win in all my life- Just a shot at the city of Pittsburgh and you go running to look up quality of life rankings??  :D

I could care less about Pittsburgh, I hope the economy is better and the city is doing well as a whole.

1323733[/snapback]

Listen Wildcat. You keep telling me to give it a rest, are you kidding ? Just take a look at your most recent threads:

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?act=...sult_type=posts

You saw someone take a shot at Pittsburgh and couldn't run fast enough to put your :D and :D to it, while insulting Pittsburgh again on your way. Yes, when you do that kind of thing, I'm going to defend it.

Bushwacked has said that he is upset, but has also given credit to the Steelers. Devilwom and Bonehand are complete class as always. Seahawks21 has kind of stayed out of all of the Super Bowl talk. As for you, you pounce on any opportunity to cry about the Super Bowl and denounce the Steelers.

As for me, I was ridiculous the night after the Super Bowl, but have calmed down quite a bit since then. I've made a few posts celebrating the Super Bowl victory, and I really don't see why that is a problem. You would be doing the same if the situation was reversed.

Honestly, I haven't seen so much :D since I saw Old Yeller when I was 5 years old. I don't care what anyone says, that dog did not get rabies from another dog, he was injected with rabies by none other then....... Bill Leavy !!!!

Also, I tried to PM you to make a truce, and you told me to get lost.......