[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will S. Alexander scare you off thsi year?

BigTen

I have the choice of a top 3 pick (#3) or move down. I like that I could ahve LJ, LT or SA. But do you think that if he stays in Seattle that he will drop off in production due to last years huge performance?? That is one thing that scares me a bit about him in '06. Will he put up stats comparable to LT and LJ this year or will he fall off?

I think 27 TD's is a stretch, but the guy has been good for at least 16 TD's for 5 straight years, and 17 TD's for the last 4 years. Plus, he has at least 1600 total yards for the last 5 years. That kind of consistecy is hard to come by. I've had him in a local dynasty league for 4 years and won two FF championships with him.

Edited by CaptainHook

I'd go with LJ... I don't see anyone as dominant as him. KC is talking about 2500 yards... Thats far fetched, but it shows that they will run the ball as much as possible. Usually the Super Bowl losers have a hangover... Pretty much, they have a down year... Look at Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Stephan Davis, and the eagles.

I think 27 TD's is a stretch, but the guy has been good for at least 16 TD's for 5 straight years, and 17 TD's for the last 4 years.  Plus, he has at least  1600 total yards for the last 5 years.  That kind of consistecy is hard to come by.  I've had him in a local dynasty league for 4 years and won two FF championships with him.

1325391[/snapback]

Yeah, that, and he runs behind perhaps two of the best two offensive linemen in football...

I'd go with LJ... I don't see anyone as dominant as him.  KC is talking about 2500 yards... Thats far fetched, but it shows that they will run the ball as much as possible.  Usually the Super Bowl losers have a hangover... Pretty much, they have a down year... Look at Kurt Warner, Marshall Faulk, Stephan Davis, and the eagles.

1325392[/snapback]

And Corey Dillon and......

I've doubted him for the last 4 years, I wont be making that mistake again.  :D

1325875[/snapback]

No kidding - amazing to me how people doubt SA. Where does this come from?? No one is more consistent. I hope all MY LEAGUES sleep on SA- I will gladly draft him :D

No kidding - amazing to me how people doubt SA. Where does this come from?? No one is more consistent. I hope all MY LEAGUES sleep on SA- I will gladly draft him  :D

1325893[/snapback]

I think it goes back to his first full year as a starter. He was a bit inconsistent. He would have 5 TD game, but he would also go a couple games without getting any. That was after his breakout year when he took over for Ricky Watters in 2001 and everyone was so high on him going into the next years draft in 2002. He got a reputation as being inconsistent and soft, and it's stuck. I'm glad it has.

Edited by CaptainHook

Hmm...I hear you...I'm kind of in the same boat and thats a tough call...when do you have to declare your draft position...will you know where he ends up before you have to declare?

if he stays in Seattle, you take the #3 pick because although I agree 27 TD's again is unlikely, 20 will do just fine...but if he goes, its a crapshoot...I mean look at Clinton Portis's last year in Denver, compared with his first year in Washington....

Ulitmately though, I take the #3 pick and take the one of the three you mentioned who is still there...

if the KC OL stays intact...at least with Shields and Roaf...LJ is 1st..

I see it like this...at least now...

1. LJ

2. LT2

3. SA (depending on which team he lands to)

4. Edge (see: SA)

5. Tiki

6. Caddy

7. L Jordan

8. Portis

9. SJax

10. Rudi

I actually don't feel good about this list...maybe it's the whole fact that free agency hasn't even started yet and alot of movement is still to be had...

either way I mean seriously, who else would you take?? Edge? Tiki? I don't think so. This is a dynasty league. If you are somehow in doubt that Shaun will remain a superhero much longer, the one and only guy to consider taking over him would be Reggie Bush.

Edited by Seahawks21

either way I mean seriously, who else would you take??  Edge?  Tiki?  I don't think so.  This is a dynasty league.  If you are somehow in doubt that Shaun will remain a superhero much longer, the one and only guy to consider taking over him would be Reggie Bush.

1326539[/snapback]

Reggie Bush with the #3 pick.... :D

Reggie Bush with the #3 pick.... :D

1326606[/snapback]

I agree that this pick makes a lot more sense a few picks later. I am not saying I would do it, I would take Shaun. My point is that if you want to be good now, you have to take Shaun over Edge and Tiki. The only reason not to take Shaun would be if you were going to attempt to build a young core and attempt to have a successful franchise for years to come, which is always a risk but can have huge benefits. In that scenario, Bush is the best prospect.

Depending on the PPR scoring of your league. I'd rank them like this

1. LJ

2. SA

3. LT (only if you don't score good for receptions)

SA has been the most consistent guy in FF for the last 3 seasons. Seattle will retain him, and he will continue to produce. It just won't be another 27 thats all. More like 18.

Depending on the PPR scoring of your league. I'd rank them like this

1. LJ

2. SA

3. LT (only if you don't score good for receptions)

SA has been the most consistent guy in FF for the last 3 seasons. Seattle will retain him, and he will continue to produce. It just won't be another 27 thats all. More like 18.

1326765[/snapback]

seriously Raider in a keeper?

Without a shadow of a doubt. LJ is the man! Scored the same as the other 2 with 8 as a starter. LT has some serious production issues at the end of the season the past 2. SA has been the most consistent of all backs in the last 3 years. Why would I think that's going to change. Sure it could. But you have to use good solid judgement when making your picks, and I think he's probably the safest of the 3 for a redraft. Keeper league I'd put him 2nd.