[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

On the heels of ...well a lot of threads

Seattle LawDawg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Charlies Burger- Great little cheese burgers and Shakes nothing else.

Zacs Burgers and fries- another good one

Johns Hot Dogs- Best Hot Sausage and Dogs, been around for 60 years.

1330650[/snapback]

:D Charlie's are the best! Me and my brother always hit them up every time I go home. I hate the fact that they close for the winter, though, I usually come home at Christmas. "Gimme 4 Bunny specials and a black and white."

• 2 months later...
NSab, where is Zacs Burgers and Johns Hot Dogs?

1331054[/snapback]

Zac's is on Providence RD. in Secane. About a mile from Charlies burgers.

John's just sold the joint sorry.

The Country Kitchen-Front St in Wilmington-southern fare buffet, all you can eat. They serve chitlins there every day-hog nuts-hog brains, you name it and it's most likely there. I can go only about once a month, as Mrs. PD is pretty strict about my diet, but then again she's 40 and blows smoke on 17-21 yr olds. So, to reap the benifits, one must abstain from to many trips to the "Country Kitchen", but the fried chicken, fried pork chops, country style steak smothered in saw mill gravy, fried okra, fried green tomatoes.......... :D..fried catfish, brunswick stew, pulled pork BBQ, green beans cooked in fatback, steamed cabbage cooked with ham hocks....oh yeah, country style ham....man I gotta plan a lunch trip next week :D

Edited by PantherDave

DC:

Tasty Diner in Bethesda

Ben's Chili Bowl

New Orleans (too many to name, but here's a couple):

Dunbar's (all you can eat red beans with a pork chop and cornbread)

Camelia Grill (Bier's buddy turned me on to the Doc Brinker which is a double pattie burger on toasted rye with about a gallon of chili and raw onions :D )

XXX Drive-in:  Issaquah.  This really has the best gutbombs around IMO.  Great big greasy burgers, good milk shakes.  What more do you need?

1325550[/snapback]

That's the one with the big root beer barrel sign of the Interstate...right?

Camelia Grill (Bier's buddy turned me on to the Doc Brinker which is a double pattie burger on toasted rye with about a gallon of chili and raw onions :D )

1468030[/snapback]

They were closed when I was down there in February. I had heard that they may not open back up. :D

Dicks: "is the place where the crew hang out.  The swass like to play and the rich want clout."  Decent cheap burgers.

1325550[/snapback]

My posse was on N 45th, and a deluxe is sitting in my gut.

• 1 month later...

Well, this isn't a gut bomb, but I recently ate one of the best burgers I have ever had:

Higgins in Portland, OR. They grind their sirloin every morning, make their own pickes (very good) and the resulting burgers are fantastic. The beer list is pretty good too: http://higgins.citysearch.com/page/o30f/Beer_Menu.html

Well, this isn't a gut bomb, but I recently ate one of the best burgers I have ever had:

Higgins in Portland, OR. They grind their sirloin every morning, make their own pickes (very good) and the resulting burgers are fantastic. The beer list is pretty good too: http://higgins.citysearch.com/page/o30f/Beer_Menu.html

I hear Portland has got a ton of good restaurants.

I hear Portland has got a ton of good restaurants.

Portland does seem to have a lot of good restaurants. I've heard more 4 star restaurants per capita than any other major city....don't know if thats true or not, but there are plenty of places to eat.

One more burger that I can't leave off the list: In New Orleans: Port o' Call. Great burger and a Monsoon...tough to beat.

White Castle's are the best bona fide gut bombs that I have had. I am still recovering from a 3:00 a.m. bout of them.

But, if you are ever in Royal Oak, Michigan, I recommend that you try Comet Burger.

• 1 month later...

Seattle:

RedMill

CC's - they've got a burger with a hotlink on it that is amazing

Bellingham:

Bob's Burger's and Brew - simply the best burgers ever. You gotta go to the one at the north end of town though, because the chain is owned by two brothers, and the south brother recently started using some cheaper ingredients and smaller burgers. :D

in san francisco, there was a local place i loved called Bill's Place....great burgers.

last night i left work late.... was pretty hungry and didn't want to cook when i got home.. new burger place in town called empire burger (i'd never been) and they're open until 1a. ordered a double mushroom/swiss (hadn't eaten all day). it was awesome. i'll prob be hitting them 1-2 times per week now.