[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2006 Rookie Mock Draft

kpholmes

10. Arizona Cardinals - Laurence Maroney, RB Minnesota

Like Buffalo, don't be shocked if Arizona trades down to load up on offensive linemen, or tries to move up to get Ferguson. J.J. Arrington and Marcel Shipp aren't the answer for the running game so Maroney, Williams, or if available, White, is the need pick. If Cutler falls, he's going here

Wasn't long ago that Arrington was considered the steal of the draft.

Just for fun I would like to see Young to the Saints in one of these rather than Leinart. :D

4 TE's in the first round? and one of them being to the Vikings at the 17 spot?!? these are the kinds of articles that make foxsports the laughing stock of FF sites...

1326782[/snapback]

I actually don't find FoxSports that bad. I realize they have their share of crap, but most sites do.

And on another note, Mike Mayock, the rookie-scouting-god said last night he figures 4 TE's in the first round as well. This is an amazing TE Class. Don't laugh just yet.

I actually don't find FoxSports that bad. I realize they have their share of crap, but most sites do.

And on another note, Mike Mayock, the rookie-scouting-god  said last night he figures 4 TE's in the first round as well. This is an amazing TE Class. Don't laugh just yet.

1326821[/snapback]

I hope the Bears grab one. Leonard Pope from Georgia is solid.

Tye Hill will be gone before the Bears draft. If he is there though, they HAVE to look at him. He will be a shut down corner.

Edited by Goopster24

I'd be shocked if Denver takes a WR or a TE in the 1st round. Everybody knows they need a WR. I think they get one through free agency. Aside from the TO speculation, Joe J. would look good in a Denver uni.

On the TE side. They actually have 3 TE they really like. They just sent a big kid to NFL Europe for some experience who is one of those basketball players turned NFL TE player. He's one to watch in the future.

I actually think Denver goes after a Safety, and RB in the 1st round. JMO

How to tell that this guys doesn;t know what he is talking about...

21. New England Patriots - Tamba Hali, DE Penn State

His stock shot up even more after Senior Bowl week. The Patriots could stand to get a little younger up front.

Richard Seymour 26

Ty Warren 25

Vince Wilfork 25

Jarvis Green 27

Marquis Hill 23

Dan Klecko 25

Santonio Thomas 25

Mike Wright 23

When your elder statesman is a back-up D-Lineman @ 27, and your starters are 25 and 26, how exactly do you need to get young up front?

Sounds to me like this guy is throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

17. Minnesota Vikings - Vernon Davis, TE Maryland

The Vikings need more offensive weapons to help start putting points back on the board.

:D

Thats funny!

1326402[/snapback]

That's perhaps one of the worst mock picks I've ever seen. :D

It was obviously made by somebody who does not have even the slightest clue as to what is going on with the Vikings right now. :D

How to tell that this guys doesn;t know what he is talking about...

Richard Seymour 26

Ty Warren 25

Vince Wilfork 25

Jarvis Green 27

Marquis Hill 23

Dan Klecko 25

Santonio Thomas 25

Mike Wright 23

When your elder statesman is a back-up D-Lineman @ 27, and your starters are 25 and 26, how exactly do you need to get young up front?

Sounds to me like this guy is throwing crap against the wall to see what sticks.

1327449[/snapback]

I thought the same thing when I read that. The Pats have the deepest and youngest front line in the NFL. Their linebackers are getting ancient (Vrabel, McGinest, Bruschi, Brown) but their front line is fine.

I'd be shocked if Denver takes a WR or a TE in the 1st round.  Everybody knows they need a WR.  I think they get one through free agency.  Aside from the TO speculation, Joe J. would look good in a Denver uni. 

1327418[/snapback]

He looks better in a Seattle uni...trust me. :D

19. San Diego Chargers - Brodrick Bunkley, DT Florida State

Paired with Shawne Merriman, San Diego will have the makings of a scary good young line.

Shawn Merriman - rookie of the year last year (first rounder from NY Giants)

Luis Castillo - rookie last year (first rounder)

Jamal Williams - 8 years in the league, signed through 2010. (supplemental draft)

Chargers play a 3-4.

Don't think the Chargers need a D lineman in the first round.

Shawn Merriman - rookie of the year last year (first rounder from NY Giants)

Luis Castillo - rookie last year (first rounder)

Jamal Williams - 8 years in the league, signed through 2010. (supplemental draft)

Chargers play a 3-4.

Don't think the Chargers need a D lineman in the first round.

1327610[/snapback]

You read my mind! The Chargers need offensive linemen, a safety, a cornerback, and a backup TE (Peele will probably not be a Charger this-coming season) WAY more than another defensive lineman.