[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pennington refuses to take a pay cut

Fantasy Jesus

Pennington is a joke. He's been the highest paid QB per start for the last 2 -3 years. I realize you have to get what you can while you can, but get a clue.

Jets will be better off without him. They can stop over paying him and suck on the 12 million slot for a year...better than paying 9 million to a guy who is done.

The Moss-Pennington Reunion inevitable in Oakland?

Edited by mggoilers

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennington is a joke.  He's been the highest paid QB per start for the last 2 -3 years.  I realize you have to get what you can while you can, but get a clue.

Jets will be better off without him.  They can stop over paying him and suck on the 12 million slot for a year...better than paying 9 million to a guy who is done.

The Moss-Pennington Reunion inevitable in Oakland?

1329225[/snapback]

Ummm...that reunion would have to be in Washington....wrong Moss...I believe you're referring to Santana Moss?

Or wait, both he and Randy went to Marshall, but at the same time? I think so...nevermind...

I guess you could say a reunion with either Moss :D

Ummm...that reunion would have to be in Washington....wrong Moss...I believe you're referring to Santana Moss?

Or wait, both he and Randy went to Marshall, but at the same time?  I think so...nevermind...

1329277[/snapback]

R Moss once said that Pennington was the best QB he'd ever played with. :D

R Moss once said that Pennington was the best QB he'd ever played with.  :D

1329413[/snapback]

Thats funny! :D

When I first saw that post, I thought of a reuinion with Santana from their days together as Jets...then as I was typing my reply, it occured to me that Randy played with him at Marshall as well!!

I personally think the Raiders should go for Culpepper, not Pennington....

two people now have called him greedy. 

I cannot see how this is the case. 

they gave him a contract.  He bled for this team.  They want to cut his contract big time.  Why would he do that to stick with a team in horrible shape?  That is something you do to help a team on the verge of winning something.  This team is rebuilding.  Its not like they 'need' him.  He is not screwing anybody.

1329045[/snapback]

I don't know, if I was Pennington I would probably take the pay cut. What do you think the market is going to be for a guy like Chad. Also, even if there are a few takers, do you think they're going to give him a big contract? I doubt it. I would take whatever the Jets offered, his career could potentially already be over.

Or wait, both he and Randy went to Marshall, but at the same time?  I think so...nevermind...

1329277[/snapback]

Santana Moss went to Miami (FL). Randy went to Marshall and played with Chad. They were great together, I would love to see that.

Chad is not greedy, the Jets are no doubt forcing his hand. That said though, I don't think he has much of a chance to do anything else in his career.

No because he doesn't realize what the Jets have done for him the last few years.

Took a chance on him, extended him, and then he repays them by being unreasonable.

1329602[/snapback]

I don't get it. What did the Jets do for him?

They paid him, true. They needed a QB.

They drafted him, true. They needed a QB.

I also believe that they drafted him a year when they had like 3 first round picks - so it is not like they took that big of chance on him.

So what did they do for him that every other team does not do for their players? I can assure you that whatever you see them as doing for 'him' was actually for 'them'

Edited by Duchess Jack

I don't get it.  What did the Jets do for him?

They paid him, true.  They needed a QB.

They drafted him, true.  They needed a QB. 

I also believe that they drafted him a year when they had like 3 first round picks - so it is not like they took that big of chance on him. 

So what did they do for him that every other team does not do for their players?  I can assure you that whatever your see them as doing for 'him' was actually for 'them'

1329627[/snapback]

They gave him a new contract when they didn't have to...They overpaid for a guy that hadn't done that much on the field. They stuck by him. He cost one coach his job.

Lilke I said, if you are a player you get as much as you can while you can.

The Chad pennington experience has run its course. I'm not a Jets fan, but letting him go is the best decision to make.