[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Clayton reports on QB's

theeohiostate

C-Pep will probably be cut if no deal met before March 3,he'll cost them 6 millionat that time. Likely signed by Baltimore to work with Boller.

Chargers will not put tag on Brees, would cost them 9.7 million, will continue to work on contract. Likely to be a free-agent. (make way for Rivers)

Pennington likely to be cut.

Collins will stay and start in Oakland

Griese will be out of Tampa

Ferotte will stay in Miami and they'll look to add a back up for him

Brooks will be cut by Saints, maybe land in Detroit

Ramsey will be moved quickly, possibly to Jets

Farve likely to retire

Harrington to be the man in Detroit as of now

Clayton is wrong. March 14th is the day the Vikings decide whether to pay him the 6 mil or cut him. It kind of works in the Vikings favor if they want to cut him. Most teams will already have filled out most of their free agent money. So if any teams want him, they will most likely try and work out a deal before free agency starts.

Clayton is wrong. March 14th is the day the Vikings decide whether to pay him the 6 mil or cut him. It kind of works in the Vikings favor if they want to cut him. Most teams will already have filled out most of their free agent money. So if any teams want him, they will most likely try and work out a deal before free agency starts.

1330071[/snapback]

i am wrong, replayed the dvr and i heard him incorrectly

C-Pep will probably be cut if no deal met before March 3,he'll cost them 6 millionat that time. Likely signed by Baltimore to work with Boller.

Chargers will not put tag on Brees, would cost them 9.7 million, will continue to work on contract. Likely to be a free-agent. (make way for Rivers)

Pennington likely to be cut.

Collins will stay and start in Oakland

Griese will be out of Tampa

Ferotte will stay in Miami and they'll look to add a back up for him

Brooks will be cut by Saints, maybe land in Detroit

Ramsey will be moved quickly, possibly to Jets

Farve likely to retire

Harrington to be the man in Detroit as of now

1330013[/snapback]

I think he's wrong about C-Pep, Harrington, and I don't think Frerotte will start (a veteran will be brought in methinks). Then again, he's the nerdy-looking expert. I just don't see MN 'cutting' Culpepper. They made the decision last year that he was going to be the face of the franchise...not Moss (way to go front office!). They NEED to get something for Daunte if he's not going to be in MN anymore.

I think he's wrong about C-Pep, Harrington, and I don't think Frerotte will start (a veteran will be brought in methinks).  Then again, he's the nerdy-looking expert.  I just don't see MN 'cutting' Culpepper.  They made the decision last year that he was going to be the face of the franchise...not Moss (way to go front office!).  They NEED to get something for Daunte if he's not going to be in MN anymore.

1330484[/snapback]

That nerdy looking expert has forgotten more about football than probably most of us on this message board has ever known....he may be the geekiest guy you will ever see, but that geek knows football...

That nerdy looking expert has forgotten more about football than probably most of us on this message board has ever known....he may be the geekiest guy you will ever see, but that geek knows football...

1330619[/snapback]

That's true. But it's interesting that so many of his opinions on these qb's are sort of contrary to what most people seem to be thinking right now.

Edited by Jackass

Clayton actually said that Brooks could land in Green Bay because of McCarthy.

1330234[/snapback]

BACK IN GREEN BAY? He looked good when he was a rookie. :D

His errors would go up in the cold. How about a back up to Mike Vick in Atlanta?

BACK IN GREEN BAY? He looked good when he was a rookie.  :D

His errors would go up in the cold. How about a back up to Mike Vick in Atlanta?

1330800[/snapback]

Agree on Brooks. If Favre retires, the pressure on Brooks (or whoever replaces Favre) would be enormous. Brooks would crumble.

By the way, love the avatar. :D

Edited by Wolverines Fan

Lose Brees for Rivers? I don't think so. I think they have kept Rivers for negotiating leverage and when Brees signs will see if they can trade him.

1330124[/snapback]

GM AJ Smith says the Chargers and Brees's camp couldn't work out a long-term deal and has made it known he won't slap the franchise tag on the injured QB. The Bolts could make him their transition player or, though unlikely, go with Philip Rivers as their starter next season. The two sides have until March 3 before Brees can test the market.

From Rotoworld today

It sounds like they are getting closer to doing just that...

http://www.signonsandiego.com/sports/charg...18chargers.html

1331031[/snapback]

Wow. That's kind of surprising.

The Chargers can blame Marty Schottenheimer for having Brees in a meaningless game instead of getting a better look at Rivers.

1330619[/snapback]

I know...and I do like hearing all his insight. No way he can be correct on all these QB predictions though...some of they are a bit of a stretch and I think he's wrong about Culpepper. (keep in mind I'm a homer....don't want to see Culpepper leave without value in return, especially after they gave up Moss for Napoleon "worthless" Harris and Troy "I can't believe I was drafted that high" Williamson).

I didn't see anything here on Kitna. He could come up big in the right situation and Cincy already is talking they may not keep him if he's not quick to sign on the dotted line. Any thoughts?

1331931[/snapback]

Yeah I have been hoping something fierce that my Lions go after Kitna. suprised not to see his name on that list.