[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why The Steelers Won The Super Bowl ?

Menudo

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because the Hakws were playing against the Squeelers and the Zebras. End of story, next topic Menudo so we can tell you the same.

Oh and your favorite team didnt win Athena, they were handed the title before kickoff by the officials who decided the game.  The way the NFL hid behind all the drama of the officiating, it looks even fisher today.

DMD is there anything you can do about this tool wasting bandwidth with the same old endless drivel.

1330925[/snapback]

As I had predicted, Steeler fans will continue to talk about this in a failed effort to convince themselves that this Super Bowl wasn't tainted.

1331073[/snapback]

Sgt. Ryan, you have a lot of nerve asking DMD if there is anything he can do about my posts. All you do is rip people apart and always resort to namecalling.

Also, me talking about the Steelers is stale, but, I guess the :D about the officials is a new thing. :D

P.S. Rovers are you ever going to pay up on your bet, or are you just going to continue to ignore me everythime I bring it up ?

Edited by Menudo

I've heard loud and clear that everyone is sick of hearing about the Steelers, so I'll drop it. I just re-watched all of the NFL Games Of The Week last night, and it got me excited. I was basically just reviewing my thoughts after watching them. I still don't see what a thread that is clearly marked about the Steelers hurts, because it doesn't have to read, but, I will respect everyon'e wishes and move on.

Maybe the :D Seahawks fans (that doesn't go for all of you) and Steeler haters might want to consider doing the same. :D

Edited by Menudo

Because the Hakws were playing against the Squeelers and the Zebras. End of story, next topic Menudo so we can tell you the same.

Oh and your favorite team didnt win Athena, they were handed the title before kickoff by the officials who decided the game.  The way the NFL hid behind all the drama of the officiating, it looks even fisher today.

DMD is there anything you can do about this tool wasting bandwidth with the same old endless drivel.

1330925[/snapback]

I haven't been on this site since the MVP challenge ended. But this guy here is a

bonified a-hole.

THE REFS DIDN'T CATCH THE SEAHAGS SLEEPING WITH A REVERSE PASS PLAY

FOR A TD. THE REFS DIDN'T RAMBLE 75 YARDS FOR A TD.

Granted, a few calls went against the Seabirds, but I saw a couple more that

weren't called. What about the Stevens fumble that was ruled incomplete? What

about the blatant block in the back on Big Ben on the INT return?

THE MARK OF A TRUE CHAMPION IS TO OVERCOME OBSTACLES. THE STEELERS

DID THIS AGAINST INDY. THE SEAHAGS DID NOT. THEY FLAT OUT CHOKED.

THE REFS DIDN'T MISMANAGE THE CLOCK AT THE END OF BOTH HALFS EITHER.

I'M SO SICK AND TIRED OF THE WHINING.

If Seattle wasn't playing the Steelers I would have rooted for them. Now I just

hope they get their asses kicked next season. But with that lame division they're

in , they'll probably be back next year. Hell, I think any AFC team could have beaten the NFC's best this year. Even the Chargers, who didn't make the playoffs could have beaten the Seahags.

So wake up moron, THE STEELERS SHOWED RESILIENCY THROUGHOUT THE

PLAYOFFS. THEY DID WIN SO SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY. I'M ENJOYING THE HELL OUT OF THIS AS IT'S BEEN 26 YEARS SO STOP THE BABY WHINING AND

DEAL WITH IT. I'M OFFICIALLY DONE VENTING.

P.S.- Did you watch the NFL network when the head of refs showed all the

controversial calls? The only call he agreed was incorrect was the 15 yarder

on Hasselbeck after the INT. Case closed. Lose with some dignity already.

Sgt. Ryan, you have a lot of nerve asking DMD if there is anything he can do about my posts.  All you do is rip people apart and always resort to namecalling.

Also, me talking about the Steelers is stale, but, I guess the :D about the officials is a new thing.  :D

P.S.  Rovers are you ever going to pay up on your bet, or are you just going to continue to ignore me everythime I bring it up ?

1331134[/snapback]

Menudo, as far as I know, I paid the last sig line bet.... did we have another? If so, I honestly do not remember it.

I haven't been on this site since the MVP challenge ended. But this guy here is a

bonified a-hole.

hope they get their asses kicked next season. But with that lame division they're

in , they'll probably be back next year. Hell, I think any AFC team could have beaten the NFC's best this year. Even the Chargers, who didn't make the playoffs could have beaten the Seahags.

PLAYOFFS. THEY DID WIN SO SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY. I'M ENJOYING THE HELL OUT OF THIS AS IT'S BEEN 26 YEARS SO STOP THE BABY WHINING AND

DEAL WITH IT.  I'M OFFICIALLY DONE VENTING.

1331218[/snapback]

My apologies to Sgt. Ryan for the name calling. I won't, however, apologize for

my venting about the whining Seahags fans and Steeler haters. I do have some

class and I got carried away with the name calling. I should have realized though

that Sgt. Ryan was a Cowboys fan. :D

bonified a-hole.

DEAL WITH IT.  I'M OFFICIALLY DONE VENTING.

1331218[/snapback]

The Steelers were winning big vs the Colts, hardly the same thing as trailing and having every bogus call go against you as you try and come back. So get a clue what you are talking about when you speak of resilency. And I was the first one here to claim terrible officiating during the game, I hardly jumped on some hater bandwagon about this. Pitt didnt deserve this title, and it should have an astrick next to it, saying they and the refs won SB XL. Had Ben not been given the TD, they lose 4 pts, had the bogus pass INF call not go against Seattle, they gain 4 pts. Even missing the 2 FGs, Seattle was driving for a FG opporunity at the end trailing 14-17 instead of trailing by 10. You take just those 2 rediculous calls out of the game, and give Pitt every other BS call, and at worst Sea is attempting a game tying FG with a minute or so left to play.

And I certainly dont think Cowher gets cute with the trick pass if he doesnt have a lead trying to ice the game, so sure they made that play, but would it have even been attempted if the game was tight, the answer is hell no. And lets not even talk about the holding no call on the Parker run. Steeler fans should be excited to finally win one after 26 yrs. Hell Dallas gave you 1 SB 25+ yrs ago for sure with our TE dropping the ball in the endzone hitting him right in his gut. Had Dallas won that game as they should, they would have been the team of the 70s with 3 titles and 5 appearances. Im just glad Dallas got a chance to beat down cowher in SB XXX. And there is little doubt in my mind Dallas beats Pitt if they played instead of Seattle, as the refs wouldnt have given Pitt calls then, it would have been an evenly officiated game, a game Pitt couldnt have won without help the way they played vs any NFL team.

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

GEESH!! More SteelersManLove Posts.

Menudo, plain and simple :D Your ghey!

I watch NFL Classics all the time, but fail to see the point in bringing them to everyones attention when i do. Will this endless incest ever cease?

By the way, in case anyone has forgot the Bucks beat the Irish 2 months ago :D

Edited by theeohiostate

GEESH!!  More SteelersManLove Posts.

Menudo, plain and simple  :D Your ghey!

I watch NFL Classics all the time, but fail to see the point in bringing them to everyones attention when i do.  Will this endless incest ever cease?

By the way, in case anyone has forgot the Bucks beat the Irish 2 months ago  :D

1331383[/snapback]

I don't know about that. I saw a tape of the game and ND won that time. :D

The Steelers were winning big vs the Colts, hardly the same thing as trailing and having every bogus call go against you as you try and come back. So get a clue what you are talking about when you speak of resilency.  And I was the first one here to claim terrible officiating during the game, I hardly jumped on some hater bandwagon about this.  Pitt didnt deserve this title, and it should have an astrick next to it, saying they and the refs won SB XL.  Had Ben not been given the TD, they lose 4 pts, had the bogus pass INF call not go against Seattle, they gain 4 pts.  Even missing the 2 FGs,  Seattle was driving for a FG opporunity at the end trailing 14-17 instead of trailing by 10.  You take just those 2 rediculous calls out of the game, and give Pitt every other BS call, and at worst Sea is attempting a game tying FG with a minute or so left to play.

And I certainly dont think Cowher gets cute with the trick pass if he doesnt have a lead trying to ice the game, so sure they made that play, but would it have even been attempted if the game was tight, the answer is hell no.  And lets not even talk about the holding no call on the Parker run.  Steeler fans should be excited to finally win one after 26 yrs.  Hell Dallas gave you 1 SB 25+ yrs ago for sure with our TE dropping the ball in the endzone hitting him right in his gut. Had Dallas won that game as they should, they would have been the team of the 70s with 3 titles and 5 appearances. Im just glad Dallas got a chance to beat down cowher in SB XXX.  And there is little doubt in my mind Dallas beats Pitt if they played instead of Seattle, as the refs wouldnt have given Pitt calls then, it would have been an evenly officiated game, a game Pitt couldnt have won without help the way they played vs any NFL team.

1331331[/snapback]

awww.. we've got a cryer here guys.. :D i think its a bit too late for you little guy.. your obviously a bit cranky and upset about those 5-time super bowl champion pittsburgh steelers.. a nap will do you some good.. might i suggest taking a nap with your head at the bottom of a bucket of water?

I've learned one thing more than any over this last month. It is that Sgt Ryan IS indeed a bonafide jerk. In my 6+ years here at the huddle, I've never called anyone names or disrespected anyone until now. Ask Big John.

I know webjunkies shouldn't get under my skin but you, Ryan, need to stop with the name calling and ridiculous rants against ANYONE that has a differing opinion from yours. I know this wont change your disrespectful behavior but I will feel better knowing I called you on it and that maybe others should take note.

Menudo's posts aren't 1/10th as annoying as your childish responses.

I've learned one thing more than any over this last month. It is that Sgt Ryan IS indeed a bonafide jerk. In my 6+ years here at the huddle, I've never called anyone names or disrespected anyone until now. Ask Big John.

I know webjunkies shouldn't get under my skin but you, Ryan, need to stop with the name calling and ridiculous rants against ANYONE that has a differing opinion from yours. I know this wont change your disrespectful behavior but I will feel better knowing I called you on it and that maybe others should take note.

Menudo's posts aren't 1/10th as annoying as your childish responses.

1331575[/snapback]

SO calling menudo a tool, bothered you that much huh, because that is the only name calling I see that I posted in this thread. Havent we all heard enough from Menudo to last at least an offseason about the Steelers. he clearly does this to bring attention to himself, why else would he continue to repeat himself over and over and over in new post after new post. He is looking for a rise, because he obviously doesnt get that anywhere else in his life. Sorry if that offends you Capt.

I had hoped the worlds view (outside of Pitt and their fans) of the Super Bowl and how clearly one sided the game was officiated, which directly impacted the score, thus the game, would have been enough for some to just be happy they got a title. But for Menudo, its never enough. He has to drown the boards with post after post, day after day, for weeks now, about how this happened, or the steelers are this or that. Quite frankly if my Cowboys had won the SB and someone was constantly doing what he is doing, Id say the exact same thing, enough dude, let it go. But this guy cant enjoy anything, because everything is about him, not the Steelers like he wants some to think who actually defend him.

And for the record you dont know me to call me a jerk. If you dont like what I type, maybe you shouldnt read it, like Im told every time I respond to one of these endless posts about the Steelers. And maybe if Menudo didnt stir the pot with posts like this to no end, I wouldnt respond to them, and you woudlnt have had to waste your first time in 6 yrs you had to call someone out speech for me. :D

Whats sad is, Menudo has far surpassed Ugly Tuna's actions here this post season and offseason, and I didnt think that was possible. :doah:

Edited by Sgt. Ryan

SO calling menudo a tool, bothered you that much huh, because that is the only name calling I see that I posted in this thread.  Havent we all heard enough from Menudo to last at least an offseason about the Steelers.  he clearly does this to bring attention to himself, why else would he continue to repeat himself over and over and over in new post after new post.  He is looking for a rise, because he obviously doesnt get that anywhere else in his life.  Sorry if that offends you Capt.

I had hoped the worlds view (outside of Pitt and their fans) of the Super Bowl and how clearly one sided the game was officiated,  which directly impacted the score, thus the game,  would have been enough for some to just be happy they got a title.  But for Menudo, its never enough.  He has to drown the boards with post after post,  day after day, for weeks now,  about how this happened, or the steelers are this or that.  Quite frankly if my Cowboys had won the SB and someone was constantly doing what he is doing, Id say the exact same thing, enough dude, let it go.    But this guy cant enjoy anything, because everything is about him, not the Steelers like he wants some to think who actually defend him. 

And for the record you dont know me to call me a jerk.  If you dont like what I type, maybe you shouldnt read it, like Im told every time I respond to one of these endless posts about the Steelers. And maybe if Menudo didnt stir the pot with posts like this to no end, I wouldnt respond to them, and you woudlnt have had to waste your first time in 6 yrs  you had to call someone out speech for me.  :D

Whats sad is, Menudo has far surpassed Ugly Tuna's actions here this post season and offseason, and I didnt think that was possible.  :doah:

1331588[/snapback]

He hasn't come close to the shiet you spilled all over these boards several years ago when Oklahoma had a good college football team.

Why don't you crawl back in your hole until next season?

Just to keep beating the dead horse, I'll give my last 2 cents (hopefully anyway) about Superbowl XL (I will however, keep my avatar and sig because I enjoy the reaction it gets out of Steeler fans). After seeing the belated bashing on haters and whiners after Sgt. Ryan hooked a school with some truly stinky bait, I couldn't resist. The Hawks blew opportunities to win this game, they could have and should have won, but they didn't. Pittsburgh looked less than impressive but they came up with more big plays than the Seahawks.

The game wasn't fixed but the officiating was horrible. The calls went against the Hawks (Big Ben flopping backwards after a legal block doesn't count as a block in the back). The refs are somewhat unfairly criticized, because virtually every flag/questionable call or no call came on a critical potentially game changing play. I don't think it was purposeful, but the breaks in a game like this usually go 50/50.........2-2, 3-3, not 10-0 for one team like this game was. Did the best team win? We will never know.

There are many plays that we are all aware of (phantom holds, non-called offsides). I refuse to believe that Seattle committed all the penalties during live action while the Steelers only committed one (which the NFL later said was a bad call).

After the dissapoint of my team losing the game has worn off, there is one factor that really pisses me off as a fan: the NFL needs to do a better job at officiating and they refuse to acknowldege they have the slightest of problems.

I work with a nutty Steeler fan who specifically stated that when officials screw up a game like Superbowl XL (with all the fan interest, career importance, and money involved), they should be open to lawsuits. :D My philosophy is nowhere near that, but the NFL needs to something.

As a fan and someone who loves to bet on football, I'd like to see full time refs (I can only wonder how strongly players think about this). Would that eliminate the problems we have seen during the Superbowl and playoffs? No, but it would be an obvious HUGH step towards eliminating the glaring problems to the extent practicable.

The Steelers won the game and the Seahawks lost. Nothing changes that and everyone can deal with that. But to see comments from the NFL insinuating that the game was well officiated is a kick in the teeth to all NFL fans who genuinely care about the game.

Just to keep beating the dead horse, I'll give my last 2 cents (hopefully anyway) about Superbowl XL (I will however, keep my avatar and sig because I enjoy the reaction it gets out of Steeler fans).  After seeing the belated bashing on haters and whiners after Sgt. Ryan hooked a school with some truly stinky bait, I couldn't resist.  The Hawks blew opportunities to win this game, they could have and should have won, but they didn't.  Pittsburgh looked less than impressive but they came up with more big plays than the Seahawks.

The game wasn't fixed but the officiating was horrible. The calls went against the Hawks (Big Ben flopping backwards after a legal block doesn't count as a block in the back).  The refs are somewhat unfairly criticized, because virtually every flag/questionable call or no call  came on a critical potentially game changing play.  I don't think it was purposeful, but the breaks in a game like this usually go 50/50.........2-2, 3-3, not 10-0 for one team like this game was.  Did the best team win?  We will never know. 

There are many plays that we are all aware of (phantom holds, non-called offsides).  I refuse to believe that Seattle committed all the penalties during live action while the Steelers only committed one (which the NFL later said was a bad call). 

After the dissapoint of my team losing the game has worn off, there is one factor that really pisses me off as a fan:  the NFL needs to do a better job at officiating and they refuse to acknowldege they have the slightest of problems. 

I work with a nutty Steeler fan who specifically stated that when officials screw up a game like Superbowl XL (with all the fan interest, career importance, and money involved), they should be open to lawsuits.  :D My philosophy is nowhere near that, but the NFL needs to something.

As a fan and someone who loves to bet on football, I'd like to see full time refs (I can only wonder how strongly players think about this).  Would that eliminate the problems we have seen during the Superbowl and playoffs?  No, but it would be an obvious HUGH step towards eliminating the glaring problems to the extent practicable.

The Steelers won the game and the Seahawks lost.  Nothing changes that and everyone can deal with that.  But to see comments from the NFL insinuating that the game was well officiated is a kick in the teeth to all NFL fans who genuinely care about the game.

1331641[/snapback]

:D What he said :D

Sgt. Ryan, you have a lot of nerve asking DMD if there is anything he can do about my posts.  All you do is rip people apart and always resort to namecalling.

Also, me talking about the Steelers is stale, but, I guess the :D about the officials is a new thing.  :D

P.S.  Rovers are you ever going to pay up on your bet, or are you just going to continue to ignore me everythime I bring it up ?

1331134[/snapback]

Don't let Private Ryan get under your skin. That's what he wants. He's not too bright. Hell, he still thinks that Oklahoma was the better team when USC pounded them in the NC Game 2 years ago!

Enjoy your SB Win. Regardless of how poorly the game was officiated that doesn't take away from your great run, on the road, to the Title.

Whats sad is, Menudo has far surpassed Ugly Tuna's actions here this post season and offseason, and I didnt think that was possible.  :doah:

1331588[/snapback]

Your first conclusion was right, Menudo is no Ugly Tuna. Nice try though.