[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

poundin coffee again

nuke'em ttg

wife started with one of those 1 cup coffee makers and really started enjoying morning coffee at home again, i usually just hit convience store, got a regular pot and have just been slammin it. been using folgers hazelnut ,wifes sister gave her some dunkin doughnut coffee already portioned and vac sealed, pretty easy and tastes good too. So whats the Huddle drinkin that i can try.......

kona, blue mountain (jamaica), french roasts, italian roasts

1331871[/snapback]

Yah man I spent some time up in the blue mountains of Jamaica, or should I say the green mountains? :hazey:

My suggestion would be to go by one of the local coffee shops near you-- if it's anything like around here in the NW, that means you can't throw a rock without hitting one. Anyway, find a shop that roasts their own beans and go with a blend you like.

Two reasons. One, you get the absolute best quality and freshest beans. Even some of the Higher end stuff like Gevalia (which is great) goes somewhere else to be processed and you get serious shelf time. Plus, local roasters are usually concerned about their craft, so they buy higher quality beans-- don't even let me get started on Starbuck's, the freaking Wallymart of coffee. And Second, you're putting money into a local business, usually a small mom and pop.

I stand corrected on the best quality. That link is very cool.

Thanks, brother!  :D

1333443[/snapback]

Thanks... I have to second your post about the Big Boys; i.e. Charbucks etc... They have brainwashed people into thier "coffee experience." What crap!!!

Rajn's Mom works for a coffee plantation in Hawaii, the best coffee I have tasted in a long long time

1333926[/snapback]

Thanks Hugh, actually she owns a coffee farm. However they focus their time on their bee business & just sell their coffee to a supplier. If you really want the best Kona coffee you can order Mauka Fire. The owner is a very good friend of my Moms and has one of the best coffee's around. She hand picks and roasts the coffee herself and has won several awards for her beans. Here's a quote from the site:

100% pure Kona Hawaiian Coffee. Remote farm grown, handpicked, small batch roasted.  Mauka Fire is a unique experience, one of the highest quality coffees in the world.  This small farm product is a delicacy for the taste buds, and a boost for the body, mind & spirit.

We are a proud member of the Kona Coffee Council Estate program. A local network of Kona coffee producers who maintain a standard of respect for their coffee pickers, produce all coffee on one farm, and sell 100% Kona Coffee completely unmixed from any other variety.

Thanks Hugh, actually she owns a coffee farm. However they focus their time on their bee business & just sell their coffee to a supplier. If you really want the best Kona coffee you can order Mauka Fire. The owner is a very good friend of my Moms and has one of the best coffee's around. She hand picks and roasts the coffee herself and has won several awards for her beans. Here's a quote from the site:

1337703[/snapback]

Opps sorry Raj. she uses her bees well too :D

Best coffee I have tasted :D