[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

FYI - TV says Ricky Williams Fails Drug Test

Beaumont

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was wondering if you were going to share it.  I posted it too, thanks to your find.

1332386[/snapback]

I was almost too lazy ... slothfulness and everything.

But then I just had to see the Ricky owners :D and the Ronnie owners :D

Incredible- a little puff every now and then aint bad at all, but when it gets in the way of Millions of $$$$, well homeboy take pyscologically dependent to a whole new level-sheesh!!!!! I drafted RB, so hey I'm cool with it.

Oh bother, said Ricky as he chambered another round.

Posted on Sun, Feb. 19, 2006

Dolphins' Williams tests positive for drug use

BY JASON COLE

jcole@MiamiHerald.com

Dolphins running back Ricky Williams faces at least a one-year suspension from the NFL after testing positive for drug use a fourth time under the league's substance abuse policy.

Two sources confirmed a report by WSVN-TV that Williams had failed the test, although neither would say the substance Williams used. On three previous occasions, Williams had tested positive for using Josh Gordon.

Dolphins spokesman Harvey Greene declined to comment Sunday night.

''Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program,'' Greene said.

Williams returned to the NFL this season after retiring for the 2004 season. He missed the first four games of the season and was fined an additional four weeks of salary from the second and third violations of the substance abuse program.

Those positive tests had occurred in December 2003 and in the 2004 offseason. Williams returned to have a productive season.

Williams has spent much of the offseason in Northern California studying yoga and holistic medicine.

Incredible- a little puff every now and then aint bad at all, but when it gets in the way of Millions of $$$$, well homeboy take pyscologically dependent to a whole new level-sheesh!!!!!

1332394[/snapback]

yeah, you think he could hold off and sniff some glue or something until he's out of the nfl in a few years. it's too bad. if true, this will be the end of his career.

:D

OUCH!!

Brother just trade away S.Smith for Ricky Williams and someone else.

1332399[/snapback]

:D yea, just my luck! Knew it was too good to be true. Traded S. Smith for crackhead and R. Brown. Maybe Brown will get me 1500 yds and 15 touchdowns this year :D

Confirmed by news

http://www.centredaily.com/mld/centredaily...on/13913976.htm

the actual video clip linked above is rumored to be an old video, and not real for this offense.

1332425[/snapback]

to update the video clip, "it" is a hoax, but the story is not.

The video clip is from last season and the audio is from two years ago.

More confirmation

from Rotoworld:

A report claims Dolphins' RB Ricky Williams has failed a drug test.

The report cites a TV station in Denver. If it's true, Williams would be suspended for the 2006 season. "Because of the confidential nature of the league's substance abuse policy, we can't comment on any aspect of that program," 'Fins spokesman Harvey Greene said. Williams was suspended for the first 4 games of the '05 season for testing positive. On the bright side, this is good news for Ronnie Brown owners. Feb. 19 - 9:28 pm et

form KFFL:

Dolphins | R. Williams fails fourth drug test

Sun, 19 Feb 2006 18:42:06 -0800

Jason Cole, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins RB Ricky Williams has failed a fourth drug test and faces a one-year suspension from the NFL. The team has declined to comment on the drug test.

Edited to add:

Now just confirmed on ESPN News as well

Edited by theeohiostate

Unreal. It never ceases to amaze me how these guys are not able to leave the Josh Gordon alone even in the face of losing a multi-million dollar career playing a game they enjoy. Now, maybe I havent smoked good enough chit in my life, but someone could tell me to never smoke it again I would be able to no problem. I dont see how people get so "hooked" on it to the point they cant/wont leave it alone. Week willed idiots, IMO.

But then I just had to see the Ricky owners  :D

1332389[/snapback]

:D

What if he is innocent?  I mean, everyone was convinced OJ was guilty, but the jury came back with an aquittal.  am I the only one who believes Ricky maybe got a false positive on this test? :D

1332403[/snapback]

I believe. :D

"The Miami Herald, citing two sources of its own, confirmed the station's report that Williams has violated the policy, although neither source would say whether Williams had failed a drug test or if he had missed a required test, which also is a violation."

Maybe he missed the test because he's in India.

Something fishy about this entire incident.

Ricky's been in India and it's sounding like he missed a test as opposed to testing positive to a test. I know he's been getting tested up to 3 times a week but does that hold true in the offseason too?

Do they still suspend him for a year if he's out of the country and misses a test?

Sounds like the Dolphins are appealing this positive testing.

Something fishy about this entire incident.

Ricky's been in India and it's sounding like he missed a test as opposed to testing positive to a test. I know he's been getting tested up to 3 times a week but does that hold true in the offseason too?

Do they still suspend him for a year if he's out of the country and misses a test?

Sounds like the Dolphins are appealing this positive testing.

1332691[/snapback]

Yeah, the Dolphins are the big losers in this thing. They spent the whole season fattening up this cash cow and now it broke out it's trailer on the way to market.