[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ziachild, PantherDave, spain, et al

MojoMan

All of youze have teams that have been established relatively recently...

HOU 2002 (had the Oilers until 1996)

TEN 1997

CAR 1995

lets throw in JAX 1995 while we're at it (who's a Jag fan?)

Who did you root for prior to your teams showing up?

This would also apply to fans living in areas that don't have an NFL franchise nearby (the Dakotas). How did you pick your favorite team?

Just curious and bored at work.

This would also apply to fans living in areas that don't have an NFL franchise nearby (the Dakotas).  How did you pick your favorite team?

1333988[/snapback]

:D H8tank, cmoore and tomfin2000 are Jags fans.

And Minnesota is the designated home team for the Dakotas.

:D  H8tank, cmoore and tomfin2000 are Jags fans.

And Minnesota is the designated home team for the Dakotas.

1334014[/snapback]

Minneapolis is a lot closer to the Dakotas than any team is to many mountain states like Idaho and Montana.

All of youze have teams that have been established relatively recently...

HOU 2002 (had the Oilers until 1996)

TEN 1997

CAR 1995

Who did you root for prior to your teams showing up?

This would also apply to fans living in areas that don't have an NFL franchise nearby (the Dakotas).  How did you pick your favorite team?

Just curious and bored at work.

1333988[/snapback]

I was looking for an old thread that posed pretty much the same question, but couldn't find it. I grew up watching the Cowboys, mainly because that was the team that my dad followed. As I got a little older I started keeping up with the Browns (around the Kosar, Minnifield, Mack, Matthews era). Then in the 90s I followed several teams, with none really being my "favorite" team. After the Oilers left in 96, I pretty muched just watched who ever was playing. When it was announced that Houston would get a new franchise in 2002, I figured it would be the perfect chance to follow the team from the get go and finally attach myself to a team for good. So now I support the Texans 100% as my favorite, and there are still a few teams I will check on if Houston isnt playing, but its mainly for my fantasy teams.

I followed Earl Campbell outta college and became an Oiler fan in 78(I believe-Earls rookie year), and was a die hard until 1993. The loss at Buffalo still haunts me, and I think for several years Houston was the best team in the AFC, but could not get over the hump.

I followed Earl Campbell outta college and became an Oiler fan in 78(I believe-Earls rookie year), and was a die hard until 1993. The loss at Buffalo still haunts me, and I think for several years Houston was the best team in the AFC, but could not get over the hump.

1334523[/snapback]

Thats sorta funny, I used to watch a lot of Panther ball too.

Thats sorta funny, I used to watch a lot of Panther ball too.

1334529[/snapback]

Ya got good taste, I always hoped they would un-retire the Derrick and let "Luv ya Blue" back in the league-I mean Cleveland got the Browns back, but I imagine Bud may have been against it as well.

I've always wondered how many Phin and Bucs fan from Jax swicthed over to the Jags( I realise this would be unattainable), because the first several years the fan base was very good I'd say. Here in the Carolina's it was pretty cut and dry, as we have/had alot of Skins, Steelers and Packer fans here before the Panthers, but Florida already had two established teams. The Carolinas was up for consideration in 1976 when the Seahawks and Bucs were born, but hey, I'm just glad to have a "home" team.

I grew up in Nashville when we had no professional sports teams. Most people here followed the popular teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders etc., when I was a kid. But every summer I went and stayed with my aunt and uncle down in Ft Lauderdale for a month or so. They didnt have any kids so they basically treated me like their own. They were always HUGH Dolphins fans and had season tickets way back to when the Fins played at the Orange Bowl. My uncle took me over to see them practice a few times and I even saw a pre-season game once against the Saints. So, I started following the Dolphins. I still remember the 1972 season like it was yesterday. I also liked the Steelers and still like them a little. I always hated the Cowboys and Eagles.

I've always wondered how many Phin and Bucs fan from Jax swicthed over to the Jags( I realise this would be unattainable), because the first several years the fan base was very good I'd say. Here in the Carolina's it was pretty cut and dry, as we have/had alot of Skins, Steelers and Packer fans here before the Panthers, but Florida already had two established teams. The Carolinas was up for consideration in 1976 when the Seahawks and Bucs were born, but hey, I'm just glad to have a "home" team.

1334585[/snapback]

I was stationed in Jacksonville at ole' NAS Cecil Field from 92-96'. I was there for all the parties the city threw when they were awarded the franchise. I even went to a few games during their innagural season. I don't think there were many Phins or Buc fans around because Jax is so far away. I think most were Florida Gator fans (Gainsville is only 45 minutes away) and Georgia Bulldog fans and Atlanta Falcons. A friend of mine from Chippewa Falls WI would go to the sports bar every Sunday because we could never see our teams play. One sportd bar we were a regular at, was a hugh Browns bar.

I grew up in Nashville when we had no professional sports teams.  Most people here followed the popular teams like the Steelers, Cowboys, Raiders etc., when I was a kid.  But every summer I went and stayed with my aunt and uncle down in Ft Lauderdale for a month or so.  They didnt have any kids so they basically treated me like their own.  They were always HUGH Dolphins fans and had season tickets way back to when the Fins played at the Orange Bowl.  My uncle took me over to see them practice a few times and I even saw a pre-season game once against the Saints.  So, I started following the Dolphins.  I still remember the 1972 season like it was yesterday.  I also liked the Steelers and still like them a little.  I always hated the Cowboys and Eagles.

1334652[/snapback]

Funny I would have thought you would have said the Vols.