[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kerry Collins to be released?

DMD

He got yanked in the same offense that Collins sucked in though... I don't think you can point to that and say "Tuey sucks".

Norv Turner was very high on him last offseason, but... I guess Al wasn't.

1340607[/snapback]

Collins passed for 20 TDs and 3500+ yrds in 15 games. In teh first 9 weeks he only had 2 INTs (before melting down with the rest of the team after that). The notion that Collins sucked last year is just not true.

And that should tell you somethign right here.

1340713[/snapback]

Your points are well taken. But as a Raider fan do you wanna see this guy behind center next season? They need to dump him, and start this over. Bring in a younger guy, who can put up some points and actually utilize the talents around him. I know that Turner was big reason guys like Moss/Porter didn't shine too much last season, but come on. Collins can't move, he can't create the big plays. He can throw the ball downfield, but that's not enough in today's NFL. You need to have some mobility. Look at Big Ben, Brady, Brees, or even Delhomme. None of these guys are overly fast, but they can move and make plays. The Raiders need to make a REAL play at a high priced QB. No more nomads, bring in a guy who can lead that offense like Gannon did on 03.

I would really like to see them make a play at Cpepp, or Brees (although I think Brees will still be in SD next season).

Your points are well taken. But as a Raider fan do you wanna see this guy behind center next season? They need to dump him, and start this over. Bring in a younger guy, who can put up some points and actually utilize the talents around him. I know that Turner was big reason guys like Moss/Porter didn't shine too much last season, but come on. Collins can't move, he can't create the big plays. He can throw the ball downfield, but that's not enough in today's NFL. You need to have some mobility. Look at Big Ben, Brady, Brees, or even Delhomme. None of these guys are overly fast, but they can move and make plays. The Raiders need to make a REAL play at a high priced QB. No more nomads, bring in a guy who can lead that offense like Gannon did on 03.

I would really like to see them make a play at Cpepp, or Brees (although I think Brees will still be in SD next season).

1340934[/snapback]

Is he the best in the league? Not even close. Is he the worst in the league? Not even close. Is he the best on the team at the moment? Asbolutely.

Look, I WISH Toui was the next Tom Brady waiting for Bledsoe to get hurt, but let's face it: he's not. And I don't see a slam-dunk QB on the market or in the draft (that we can get) that is either. I love McCown and would liek to see the team pursue him. I also like Kitna, but he's no better than Collins really. So until we find the next Rich Gannon (who was an old nomad himself), we have Kerry Collins and I'm happy with it.

Is he the best in the league? Not even close. Is he the worst in the league? Not even close. Is he the best on the team at the moment? Asbolutely.

1341134[/snapback]

Can you rationally picture anyone legitmally saying in the next 2-3 years: "...and Kerry Collins leads the Oakland Raiders to the superbowl?"

Edited by bushwacked