[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eric Moulds

Piranha

It's not about tagging him... he's not a FA, he's under contract. The thing is that his contract fee is enormous and was suspended at the end of the season last year for a game for altercations with the previous coaching staff. He'll have to restructure or he's gone... and why would he restructure given the curcumstances?

Thing is though, his roster bonus isn't due until June. So he'll be one of the last guys to hit FA and that'll work against him. Most other roster bonues will be paid in the next couple of weeks, you'll be seeing a steady stream of guys getting released plus the FAs we know about.

He has no chemistry at all with Losman. In all my years of FF, I've never seen a more clear cut Jeckle and Hyde performance from a WR depending on who his QB was. Losman basicly refused to throw to him, when Losman started Moulds disappeared from FF altogther. But he didn't lose a step or anything. When Holcomb came in and he was quite productive, certainly worth the fifth rounder you spent to get him in those games anyways, but not overall.

Edited by Voltaire

It's not about tagging him... he's not a FA, he's under contract.

1338136[/snapback]

Right. But seeing they tagged Clements, (for over 5 mil for next year)

They won't want to afford Moulds.

And quite frankly, Moulds doesn't want to be there anymore.

Zooty, where in PA are you from?

1338321[/snapback]

I'm in Reading and work in Exton about 60 mins from Philly.

I would love for the Eagles to pick up Moulds, I think his age and slary demands will prohibit it.

And Andy probably thinks Pinkston will be just fine :D

Edited by Zooty

If he is cut, I would say Washington, Philly, Kansas City and Houston among others would be interested. Houston could really use someone to pair along with Johnson but if they don't fill the OL needs whats the use

1338396[/snapback]

I'm hoping he ends up in Carolina.

As someone who's watched him have several big days against the Pats, I'd love to see him in NE. He'd be a good fit, a strong, physical WR to complement the smaller, shifty Branch (assuming Givens is gone). He could have a nice rebound season catching passes from Squeegie's love interest. And there might be some incentive on his part to stay in the division and have those "revenge" games against his former employer.

As someone who's watched him have several big days against the Pats, I'd love to see him in NE. He'd be a good fit, a strong, physical WR to complement the smaller, shifty Branch (assuming Givens is gone). He could have a nice rebound season catching passes from Squeegie's love interest. And there might be some incentive on his part to stay in the division and have those "revenge" games against his former employer.

1338554[/snapback]

I think New England is the most logical landing spot.

I doubt Denver would be in the market. I think they stick with their current WRs (and probably draft one in the 1st) if they don't land T.O. To Shanny, T.O. would be enough of a "boost" to get them over the top. Moulds doesn't present that attraction.

After NE, I'd say Washington, Philly, and Carolina would be next in line to grab Moulds. If they can swing it, Washington will probably offer more money, but Moulds will prefer to play for a title in New England.

I wrote 2 weeks ago, here, that I think he stays in Buffalo. The Clements franchise is 100% irrelevant to the Moulds thing.

Levy has stated he wants to sign Moulds. He thinks Moulds can be gotten to. Meaning, I assume, Moulds will be willing to at least talk seriously about a new cap friendly deal.

Levy is proving to be a straight shooter in his comments so far. No where near the cryptic Donahoe. What Marv has said, in this brief time, is right what Marv as done. Including his repeated assertions, that the most important free agents (Moulds isn't an FA but...) are the ones already on your team you keep.

Eric is the last holdover from the Levy era and I strongly feel Levy and many key players thought the suspension was unjust, or at least a smudge on the Moulds canvass.

Moulds has restructured before so he is open to the concept. Though I would agree he could think, "Hey I have already been the team guy, I want a ring" or hell, just make the playoffs, which he hasn't done but once in Buffalo. So you are all right in that those teams mentioned make sense. I do think Denver already has Moulds, his name is Rod Smith.

I just read the Bills cut Mike Williams the teams 2002 number four overall pick. Presumably freeing up some cap space for the free agent run. Added as an edit, not worthy of it's own post here.

I could EASILY be wrong, but I really think Moulds stays a Bill. If nothing else that is the Bills' plan.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

The problem I see with Moulds staying in Buffalo is

#1 As evidenced by his disagreement with the Bills last year, Moulds isn't happy with how he's being used, or more importantly, not used.

#2 Losman has absolutely NO rapport with Moulds. Check out the disparity in Moulds numbers with Holcomb ~ vs ~ Losman QB'ing.

Losman, may not be the starter...it is supposedly an open competition. Which may be lip service but I don't think it is. They are also going to bring in a new 3rd QB, not a huge name, was the quote, but a viable player to compete.

Marv has no allegiance to any of Donahoe's picks. As witnessed when he cut formaer 4th overall selection Mike Williams today.

Now realistically if it is close they give it Losman but I believe Levy. Losman didn't have much chemistry with any receiver last year. Even Evans was limited to two monster games.

Levy has stated, the way to make a QB better is to play better defense around him. If he stays I don't see great numbers, but the question was a different one. I for see a much larger commitment to the run game. Hopefully a free agent OL men to aid in that endeavor.

Here's the latest on Moulds

Buffalo News

Looks to be the end of Moulds in Buffalo. There is still a chance he stays, but it now looks unlikely. I guess he wants his 10 million...

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

I'm in Reading and work in Exton about 60 mins from Philly.

I would love for the Eagles to pick up Moulds, I think his age and slary demands will prohibit it.

And Andy probably thinks Pinkston will be just fine  :D

1338398[/snapback]

I don't want Moulds (also, add Conduct detrimental to the team to that list)...

I'd rather get ABryant or try to pry B Lloyd off of the Niners who is a RFA....at least someone who is familiar with the WCO...and possibly Jurevicius for the slot

if not JJ, maybe draft Brandon Marshall in the 5th round or so as a project...

and can we cut Pinky?..lol I don't know his cap figures and I'm hoping they structured his contract the same way they do everyone else's.........up and down every other year....

if we could let Pink go, that would free up alot of tied money at the WR position that would allow us to start Brown and someone else...

I wouldn't be surprised to see him in Denver if they don't land Owens.

1338459[/snapback]

I think I'd actually rather see Moulds in Denver than TO. TO seems to just step in an rip a team apart. Denver has always been a team oriented franchise and would really struggle with head case, me first guy like TO.

Also wish he would come over the the Redskins, he's probably the best #2 FA WR out there.  He might even have another 1000yd 8 td season left in the tank. 

:D

1344961[/snapback]

He'd be a good fit in DC...but arent the Redskins in cap HELL already?