[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Millen Says Harrington is his QB

kpholmes

Millen endorsing anyone would seem to be a black mark.  Millen is the poster boy for what not to do in personnel decisions.

1338409[/snapback]

I agree with this statement, however I'd rather see him stick with his failures than try to jump ship and pass the blame.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2340128

Fox Sports also has the story.

Good to see he isn't going to try and weasel his way out of his prodigy draft pick...

1338407[/snapback]

Millen wanted Jammer, the owner (Ford) made the Harrington pick. I am not defending Millen mind you but we have the worst owner in the league. He (Ford)also took Chuck long and Andre Ware.

Millen wanted Jammer, the owner (Ford) made the Harrington pick. I am not defending Millen mind you but we have the worst owner in the league. He (Ford)also took Chuck long and Andre Ware.

1338464[/snapback]

I think many in Arizona may disagree there.

I agree with this statement, however I'd rather see him stick with his failures than try to jump ship and pass the blame.

1338422[/snapback]

I don't think it a good idea to 'stick with his failures' at all. Take the blame and move on. Its OK to admit mistakes on first rounders, everyone does it....but you can't hold on to them for years and years while they are sucking just because they were high draft picks. Just my opinion.......

If Harrington, Under a new head/QB coach, new offense, and a reworked offensive line somehow turns things around & lights it up this year, It'll be hilarious to see all the folks around here who come out & say "I knew he'd be HUGH!, That's why I had him stashed on my bench..."

If Harrington, Under a new head/QB coach, new offense, and a reworked offensive line somehow turns things around & lights it up this year, It'll be hilarious to see all the folks around here who come out & say "I knew he'd be HUGH!, That's why I had him stashed on my bench..."

1339460[/snapback]

I am saying the same thing. I have him. His coaches were dumb. Martz will str8en him out. Plus I always liked Harrington from the start when they drafted him at no.3. This guy got greatness wrote on him. He's not Garica. He needs a o-line just a bad as Peyton Manning does. Give him that Detroit old o-line and he probly be just as bad. AKA Chargers game.

I am saying the same thing.  I have him.  His coaches were dumb.  Martz will str8en him out.  Plus I always liked Harrington from the start when they drafted him at no.3.  This guy got greatness wrote on him.  He's not Garica.  He needs a o-line just a bad as Peyton Manning does.  Give him that Detroit old o-line and he probly be just as bad.  AKA Chargers game.

1339562[/snapback]

He blows and his teammates hate him

I live in Michigan and the word is that the Lions are going to go after Drew B from San Diago. If they don't and keep Joey they are STUPID. He will be the 2nd highest paid QB in the NFL, what the hell has he done?? NOTHING.....

Joey will not be with the Lions when the season starts and if he is he is the backup at best....

OH and Matt Millen is a dumb A$#, he has no clue on what he is doing or even saying....

I think Harrington will show signs of improvement this year but for him to be anything special, he needs to get out of Detroit. His teammates do hate him and he can't thrive in that environment.

I always liked Harrington; I loved watching him in college and remember watching his last bowl game (I forget who it was against, one of the BCS I believe). I remember seeing in this forum I think the numbers of Carr and Harrington compared. Carr wasn't that much better. I know Carr hasn't had a line and all but neither has Harrington. Harrington has shown flashes of ability so I wouldn't write him off. I kept him on my bench for a while. If I was a GM, I'd stil take a chance on Joey as well. I think he will end up just fine.

I knew the Harrington apologists were going to trot out the offensive line.

First, Harrington was bad because "he didn't have any weapons." Well, the Lions went out and got some.

Two seasons ago, no one was complaining about the offensive line. I believe Kevin Jones was the leading rusher (or real close to it) over the second half of the season. What did Harrington do with this? Not much.

Last season was the offensive line's fault. "Peyton Manning couldn't do anything behind that line." C'mon.

The Lions coaching staff sees Harrington in practice everyday. Everyday. If Harrington was this talent being held back by his teammates, don't you think he would at least excel in practice? If Harrington was this talent, why do you think the Lions pull him for an obviously washed-up Jeff Garcia?

Did you see the way that the Lions mobbed Jeff Garcia when he scored on that QB sneak in the first game that he started? Contrast that to the game against Tampa Bay in which Harrington threw what appeared to be a last second TD pass to Marcus Pollard. No celebration there.

Harrington may turn out to be an average NFL QB. He's not going to do it in Detroit. His teammates do not respect him. He is aloof. He's perceived as soft. He doesn't step up to take the blame for things. He is not a leader.

I don't think it a good idea to 'stick with his failures' at all.  Take the blame and move on.  Its OK to admit mistakes on first rounders, everyone does it....but you can't hold on to them for years and years while they are sucking just because they were high draft picks.  Just my opinion.......

1338941[/snapback]

yeah ... look where it got the Browns :D