[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How much cap room does your team have?

Guest Sores

I see that the article was written in early January so some of the info isn't quite up to date, but whoever put this together didn't do his homework. The Saints have said since the middle of last season that they weren't going to resign Howard...

15  New Orleans Saints  $10 M ...The flip side of the coin is that the team has some quality free agents (such as Darren Howard) that they must try to re-sign....

I see that the article was written in early January so some of the info isn't quite up to date, but whoever put this together didn't do his homework.  The Saints have said since the middle of last season that they weren't going to resign Howard...

1339676[/snapback]

I know you are a homer, but I don't think that is so....I know they said they wouldn't tag him...but they didn't say they wouldn't try and resign him at a fair price.

I know you are a homer, but I don't think that is so....I know they said they wouldn't tag him...but they didn't say they wouldn't try and resign him at a fair price.

1339724[/snapback]

They've been saying that since the middle of the season - he wouldn't be back for salary reasons (if you really want, I'll dig up a transcript or 2 of Haslett's press conferences where he said it). Heard it and read it numerous places.

What exactly do you mean by resign at a fair price ? The guy has said he wasn't taking a cut (from close to $8 mil !). With Grant and Smith, they were never going to resign him for 2006, especially after his tantrums last season.

They gambled last year, reluctantly tagging him in hopes of making a trade (almost had a deal with Dallas before the draft) but they couldn't make one happen then. He played well early, then became a distraction...

They've been saying that since the middle of the season - he wouldn't be back for salary reasons (if you really want, I'll dig up a transcript or 2 of Haslett's press conferences where he said it).  Heard it and read it numerous places.

What exactly do you mean by resign at a fair price ?  The guy has said he wasn't taking a cut (from close to $8 mil !).  With Grant and Smith, they were never going to resign him for 2006, especially after his tantrums last season.

They gambled last year, reluctantly tagging him in hopes of making a trade (almost had a deal with Dallas before the draft) but they couldn't make one happen then.  He played well early, then became a distraction...

1339776[/snapback]

Haslett doesn't have a lot of pull with the Saints from what I have heard.

He may not want a cut...but he is not in control of that. He has not played to $8M a year, so he won't get it again.

BTW...I am not saying the Ain'ts WILL re-sign Howard, I am just saying it is not out of the realm of possibility.

Edited by Sores

NFL Network did a story on this last night and had

OVER

OAKLAND 31

JETS 25

KC 24

SKINS 23

DENVER 22

UNDER

23 CARDINALS

21 VIKINGS

19 PACKERS

18 BROWNS

17 CHARGERS

Edited by Randall

Haslett doesn't have a lot of pull with the Saints from what I have heard. 

He may not want a cut...but he is not in control of that.  He has not played to $8M a year, so he won't get it again.

BTW...I am not saying the Ain'ts WILL re-sign Howard, I am just saying it is not out of the realm of possibility.

1339780[/snapback]

Yeah, and the sun not coming up tomorrow is not out of the realm of possibility too.

Like I said, they've been saying since the middle of last year he wasn't going to be with the club after this year.

Tell ya what, you start listening to New Orleans sportstalk every evening, read the Times-Pic sports section daily, listen to the head coach's radio show every week during the season, spend a fair amount of time on SaintsReport.com, and hang with a group of friends which includes [1] a guy who covers the Saints for the Times-Pic; [2] a guy who has the ESPN radio gig for game day reports from the Superdome; and [3] a guy who's very good friends with the Saints radio sideline reporter, and then maybe we can have an intelligent discussion about the Saints and their personnel...