[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

LenDale White Evaluation

Guest Sores

LenDale White, running back, Southern Cal

John Lombardi, a former NFL scout and grandson of Packers legend Vince Lombardi, reports on LenDale White, a 6-foot-2, 235-pound running back from Southern Cal who is coming out as a junior:

"Has the desired size for an NFL running back. He is the thunder to Reggie Bush's lightning. He plays with leverage and has good pad level. He is strong enough to break arm tackles and seems to always be gaining positive yards after contact. He is a good short yardage runner and has a nose for the end zone. He does not have the top flight speed or elusiveness you would wish for. He is a reliable secondary receiver and rarely fumbles. He is not going to be out running patterns from the slot and can be covered by a linebacker in space, but he can catch screens and flairs. He is a very good blocker and does the little things well. He is more of an every down back than Bush, but does not have anywhere near the explosiveness of Bush. The big question the scouts will have is his 40 time. If he cleans that up during the spring, he could go very high."

No thanks!  Give me Calhoun in the second!

1341025[/snapback]

Absolutely. And Mario Williams in the first.

The previous report compaing Calhoun with Westbrook may be accurate. Running with Gado would be a good combination.

No thanks!  Give me Calhoun in the second!

1341025[/snapback]

Actually, I think LenDale White is gonna be a hell of a RB, but I don't see RB as that much of a "need" situation - or at least you can wait with the depth available this year; I"d be pretty pissed to see anyone other than Mario Williams or AJ Hawk go to GB at 5 at this point.

sure about that? after the 4.62 40 he ran today, you may be able to get him in the late 2nd

1341902[/snapback]

That's .07 slower than first rounders Chris Perry and Steven Jackson, and same ballpark as 1st rounders Larry Johnson and Chris Brown. :D