[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

A few combine records from the last 7 years

DMD

Since 1999 -

The fastest 40 time was Rondel Menendez (4.24) in 1999

Both Jerome Mathis ('05)and Champ Bailey ('99) tied for 2nd with a 4.28

Santana Moss ran a 4.31 and Chris Chambers ran a 4.33

The best vertical jump was FS Gerald Sensabaugh ('05) with 46" but only one ince less was Chris Chambers.

Best Wonderlic score was a 48 by WR Kevin Curtis ('03). Ben Watson had a 41, SF QB Alex Smith had a 40 and Heath Miller had a 39. Eli Manning had a 39 as well.

Wish I could find all-time bests but so many players do not fully participate at the combine that it would not really matter anyway

Since 1999 -

The fastest 40 time was Rondel Menendez (4.24) in 1999

Both Jerome Mathis ('05)and Champ Bailey ('99) tied for 2nd with a 4.28

Santana Moss ran a 4.31 and Chris Chambers ran a 4.33

1341158[/snapback]

Excuse me but Vick ran a 4.25 didn't he. Kind of weird that you leave him out :D

Edited by broncosn05

Excuse me but Vick ran a 4.25 didn't he.  Kind of weird that you leave him out :D

1341216[/snapback]

:D Actually Vick did not run the 40 at the combine in 2001. Only did a vertical jump (38") and had a big 20 on the Wonderlic. Neither did Chris Weinke that year - the only QBs who did not run.

Vick does claim to have ran a 4.25 in the spring of 2000 before his final year of college so while he may have ran a 4.25 on some other track, but he did not at the combine to which I was referring.... "Z-snap"... :D

:D Actually Vick  did not run the 40 at the combine in 2001. Only did a vertical jump (38") and had a big 20 on the Wonderlic.  Neither did Chris Weinke that year - the only QBs who did not run.

Vick may have ran a 4.25 on some other track, but he did not at the combine to which I was referring.... "Z-snap"... :D

1341318[/snapback]

You gotta link for that I found the link off google that had combine on it that looked pretty legit.

You gotta link for that I found the link off google that had combine on it that looked pretty legit.

1341322[/snapback]

I cannot link to it since it is a members only draft scout thing I belong to.

It shows Vick with only a vertical jump and wonderlic.

Brees ran a 4.83 that year. The fastest QB that actually ran that year was Mike McMahon with a 4.54.

Here is something from 2001

With Vick refusing to work out for NFL talent scouts until his March 22 private session in Blacksburg, Va., the teams that are interested in Vick are looking, listening and learning about Vick any way possible this weekend.

He was scheduled to meet individually with just five teams at the Combine: Chicago and Seattle on Friday night, and San Diego, Atlanta and New England on Saturday night.

Here are the combine times from 2001 QBs

i think ryan fitzpatrick scored a perfect 50 on the wonderlic, completing it in like nine minutes.  he and pat macinally are the only people to score a perfect 50.

1341725[/snapback]

The test in the other thread only gives you six minutes. In nine minutes I'm surprised there aren't legions of players with 50.

i think ryan fitzpatrick scored a perfect 50 on the wonderlic, completing it in like nine minutes.  he and pat macinally are the only people to score a perfect 50.

1341725[/snapback]

The records show Fitzpatrick with a 38 which was very high, though 2 points less than Alex Smith last year with a 40.

Anyone remember Mike Mamula? Combine stud, NFL dud. Combines mean poo. :D

1341187[/snapback]

I think Mamula is the reason the combine is regarded by many as at best a tiebreaker when it comes to players. Still, IIRC, he had decent production at Boston College - I think his main problem was less ability than lack of want-to.

Still, it only takes one team to put a workout warrior into the "overdrafted busts" section. And that team is usually Arizona or Detroit.

The test in the other thread only gives you six minutes.  In nine minutes I'm surprised there aren't legions of players with 50.

1341768[/snapback]

That's what I'd like to know. I wouldn't be surprised if they get nine minutes though.