[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Marcus Vick

budlitebrad

Here's an excerpt from an article from the Sporting News saying that Mexico Jr. may sneak into early day 1, maybe?

Marcus Vick is going to be picked a lot higher than you think in April's NFL draft.

Vick currently is working out with noted trainer Chip Smith of Competitive Edge Sports in Atlanta. And Vick is absolutely killing there. His 40 time has dipped into the low 4.3s and high 4.2s, while trainers at CES say he's showing uncanny explosion and redirection in various drills. Now he's at the NFL Combine in Indianapolis, and pretty soon you'll be hearing about Vick's ridiculous numbers (the Wonderlic, notwithstanding).

So what does it all mean?

Look, I said last season that Marcus was a better quarterback than his brother, and I was called an idiot by just about everyone (including my editor). But I'm telling you right now, Marcus Vick is a steal if someone can set him straight. And you better believe someone in the NFL will try.

I guess he put up the usual humble act in the combine interview, which somehow impressed people, and is definitely helping his draft status. No big surprise there. He'll get a nice signing bonus and hopefully he won't have to rob kids of their filet-o-fishes at gunpoint.

Edited by budlitebrad

As a WR or CB, he may well be an interesting project with his speed -- but I agree, not the kind of risk to take in Round 1.

1341482[/snapback]

Exactly, no one is going to draft him as a QB and not in the first round no matter how fast he is. He can't go 2 months without getting into trouble.

Edit to add: His brother isn't doing him any favors lately with his struggles either and I don't think he's as physically gifted as Michael.

Edited by major-tom

I haven't been keeping up with the Vick saga... but isn't he supposed to be going to jail or something?

Don't usually make predictions or judgements on players but FMPOV... even if he stays out of trouble and does get drafted.... he will never be an NFL QB.

Gents ...

There is a big difference in saying someone will be a ROUND one pick vs. a DAY one pick.

Pay attention!

1341519[/snapback]

:D

Still, Mo Clarett went a lot higher than I expected. Marcus Vick will be a topic of discussion come draft day.

Pay attention!

1341519[/snapback]

Dang. Yep. I was sleeping. Still, even as a speeedy but inexperienced CB/WR, round 2 may be tooooo high. But still, maybe Atlanta sees him as their QB of the future and trades up to get him in Round 1!!! :D

I guess he put up the usual humble act in the combine interview, which somehow impressed people, and is definitely helping his draft status. No big surprise there. He'll get a nice signing bonus and hopefully he won't have to rob kids of their filet-o-fishes at gunpoint.

Yesterday in interviews he said it was a cellphone not a gun.

He said his problem was hanging out with the wrong people, but it could be that he is the wrong people that others should avoid.

Guest THEbigred
He said his problem was hanging out with the wrong people,

1341578[/snapback]

Well that plus he has Attention Dumbarse Disorder. or some such. None of it is his fault so don't be a hate-ah