[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Texans to try to move off #1

theeohiostate

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/F/FBN...&SECTION=SPORTS

Looks like the Texans are thinking the right way. Bush is worth much more to them in trade value . The Jets would love to move to number 1 and if the Texans can aquire enough quality picks to improve a horrible O-Line, the deal could be made, imo.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you would think.  maybe to the pack at 5, if the jets are targeting cutler.  it's hard to say who they'd be able to deal with.  i would imagine they wouldn't want to drop past 5 at the lowest.

1343088[/snapback]

If the Jets are "targeting" Cutler, they dont need to trade up in order to get him. I dont see the Packers trading up either. If the Texans want to trade out of this position, they are going to have to go down a bit...

Every team that has the first pick "wants" to trade for the right package.

SF wanted to trade last year, and didn't/couldn't.

Granted, Bush is a better prospect at the top of the draft, but do you see the Jets (or anybody at the top of the draft order) swapping first rounders this year AND giving up a second or third this year PLUS a first rounder next year? 'Cause that's what it will cost, judging by the Eli Manning trade. I don't see it happening.

Edited by CaptainHook

Granted, Bush is a better prospect at the top of the draft, but do you see the Jets (or anybody at the top of the draft order) giving up a second or third this year PLUS a first rounder next year?  'Cause that's what it will cost, judging by the Eli Manning trade.  I don't see it happening.

1343095[/snapback]

I agree!

Granted, Bush is a better prospect at the top of the draft, but do you see the Jets (or anybody at the top of the draft order) giving up a second or third this year PLUS a first rounder next year?  'Cause that's what it will cost, judging by the Eli Manning trade.  I don't see it happening.

1343095[/snapback]

Last years draft wasn't nearly as appealing for "franchise" type talent. Not many wanted to give much to get Alex Smith and this season was reason enough for their concerns. Bush is seen as a game changer, a franchise player and many teams would love to make a deal. I think it will be much easier for them to make a deal considering the talent their giving up.

Last years draft wasn't nearly as appealing for "franchise" type talent. Not many wanted to give much to get Alex Smith and this season was reason enough for their concerns. Bush is seen as a game changer, a franchise player and many teams would love to make a deal.  I think it will be much easier for them to make a deal considering the talent their giving up.

1343101[/snapback]

That's why I said:

Granted, Bush is a better prospect at the top of the draft,

1343095[/snapback]

I still think the price is too high for someone to move up and take Bush. The Jets are in major rebuild mode. How does trading what will most likely be a top 5 pick next year help them? Especially since there ARE some questions about Bush's ability to be an every down back (which IMO are ludicrous). I just don't think the Texans are going to get an offer equal to what the Chargers got for Eli Manning. That's what they'll want.

Edited by CaptainHook

If the Texans are going to trade down, it would have to be to a team that has everything in place except a running back. Aford to give up their first round pick, in addition to somewhere where they have extra talent they can afford to spare.

The teams in the first 10 picks are in the rebuilding fase, or they wouldn't have a top ten pick. I think the Texans should try to find a team that wants to give a first round pick and some O-line for their spot, and I think the Jets should stay where they're at so they can snatch Cuttler.

But who wants to give up a first round pick, plus a handful more for Reggie Bush?

Or is Bush worth a first round pick this year in addition to next years number one pick? (i.e. Eli Manning)

They are considering trading, but I wouldn't bet on it. They need a good package and no team will give them that. I was listening to GameNight on ESPN Radio and they were talking to someone (I forget who). He said his sources have told him the Texans probably won't trade down and are still possibly considering Vince Young at the spot. They would then trade David Carr for a package of picks.

Lots of rumors out there; little support for any of them.

I think the Texans should try to find a team that wants to give a first round pick and some O-line for their spot,

1343120[/snapback]

That's gonna be tough. Who has some "spare" offensive linemen that can play lying around to trade? Nobody. Why trade away your offensive line to take a RB? It's gonna have to be a trade for draft picks, IMO.

Arizona could make a splash. The Raiders I could see doing it as well, not to make a splash per se but because all logic has apparently fled Al Davis since the season ended.....

1343137[/snapback]

Do you mean make a run at the 1st pick?

Because Al Davis is stuborn enough to try to prove to everyone he can save his franchise with the number 7 pick.

I could see AZ maybe take a run at Bush though. Though they have Oline problems of their own, maybe a 1st round pick/JJ Arington/and something else package could be thrown together. Not that Texans want JJ.

Mayock thinks AZ will take a stab at a QB to train under Warner this year. :D

Too much guessing. Everyone just go play Madden and do it on your own, then we'll see what happens in afew weeks. :D

If the Jets are "targeting" Cutler, they dont need to trade up in order to get him.  I dont see the Packers trading up either.  If the Texans want to trade out of this position, they are going to have to go down a bit...

1343092[/snapback]

NFL Network said Sean Payton thinks Cutler could be the next Favre. If he makes that pick he could be a Saint.

If the Jets are "targeting" Cutler, they dont need to trade up in order to get him.  I dont see the Packers trading up either.  If the Texans want to trade out of this position, they are going to have to go down a bit...

1343092[/snapback]

Yes, they will. At this point, Jay Cutler has a better chance of being selected 2nd overall than falling to #4. You still think the Titans will take Young third? :D

I have a feeling I'll be typing this a lot over the next few weeks: there is NO reason Vince Young should EVER have been rated higher than Cutler in the first place.

Cutler will go before Young and possibly before Leinart.

They are considering trading, but I wouldn't bet on it. They need a good package and no team will give them that. I was listening to GameNight on ESPN Radio and they were talking to someone (I forget who). He said his sources have told him the Texans probably won't trade down and are still possibly considering Vince Young at the spot. They would then trade David Carr for a package of picks.

Lots of rumors out there; little support for any of them.

1343123[/snapback]

That would not fly, as Houston has already extended Carr's contract, and from the looks of it, realize he's not the problem, as Peyton would flounder behind that O-Line.

So let's say that the Saints (2), Titans (3) and Jets (4) all want QB's, what is the order? Leinart, Cutler, Young? If Leinart and Cutler are gone by the Jets pick do they go D'Brick and Young falls? It's tough for the Jets to move up to get Cutler unless they trade with the Texans only. The Saints can't trade with them and hope that TEN doesn't scoop Leinart in front of them at 3.

So let's say that the Saints (2), Titans (3) and Jets (4) all want QB's, what is the order?  Leinart, Cutler, Young?  If Leinart and Cutler are gone by the Jets pick do they go D'Brick and Young falls?  It's tough for the Jets to move up to get Cutler unless they trade with the Texans only.  The Saints can't trade with them and hope that TEN doesn't scoop Leinart in front of them at 3.

1344257[/snapback]

It's a bit complicated. And who knows if some of this is just gamesmanship. I"m not sure i understand why would a team want to give away who they really wanted anyway.

I got a feeling D'Brick is going to go higher than originally forecasted.

1344292[/snapback]

Bottom line is Houston needs D'Brick more than the Bush. I gotta feeling their leaning twoards an elite OL'men, as they are less frequent than elite RB's-No?